Exposed Scammers

How many of you gave him money? His usual form is to come back under a new user name and say how much money he made and have a good laugh at you.

I couldn't believe it when I received a pm by mistake from a respected member. He wanted to send it to D30 and by mistake sent it to me instead (I will not give any names).

That was at the beginning of D30's thread. I sent it back to him and warned him about what to me looked at the very beginning as a scam (it's not that often that somebody tries to teach strangers he just met on a public forum how to make 100k spread betting & never seen somebody who does 100% success rate on live calls)

PS Never received a single line back - he must have dismissed me as being too negative

PPS Just shows you how anybody can fall for it - con artists are getting better and better at it

What a disappointment, but well done to pboyles, especially for sticking with it after being threatened with a ban for posting what turned out out to be the truth.

One thing that puzzles me is that Mr Daxbet, scammer or not, apparently would have the ability to make a profit from trading, so why doesn't he just do that instead of pulling elaborate con tricks that probably take more time and effort?

Also, if he's done similar things before, why would he post trades, imaginary or not, that raise suspicion? Why not include a few more losers to make it credible?

It's a bit ironic that despite everything the DAX30 thread still contains far more good advice than so many others - or most of the legitimate trading courses, come to that!

Whats the mod warning gonna say ...Sorry I deleted every post trying to expose this scammer and let him carry on posting crap and abuse but he is a real scammer so stay away

It should say what happened.
For every case like this, there are others instances where it has gone pear shaped.
Everyone remembers the flak Lee Shepherd got - case in point, that is the stance the mods were taking at the time.
In this instance the points raised should have remained in hindsight.

The situation is what it is.
The original thread should not stand without a link to this thread,
or merge with this thread.

What a disappointment, but well done to pboyles, especially for sticking with it after being threatened with a ban for posting what turned out out to be the truth.

One thing that puzzles me is that Mr Daxbet, scammer or not, apparently would have the ability to make a profit from trading, so why doesn't he just do that instead of pulling elaborate con tricks that probably take more time and effort?

Also, if he's done similar things before, why would he post trades, imaginary or not, that raise suspicion? Why not include a few more losers to make it credible?

It's a bit ironic that despite everything the DAX30 thread still contains far more good advice than so many others - or most of the legitimate trading courses, come to that!

More likey the tickets were photoshopped ,why else would he post only them .He sitting at his 3 screen computer and takes a trade then decides i will go to my iphone and upload pictures from that ,doesnt make sense

They were very easy to alter aswell not much details

Its probably easier to take long and short trades at same time, then just post the ticket that won.

I wasn't threatened with a ban I was permanently banned and had my IP blocked. Of course I quickly got round that and posted under a fake name. Eventually they lifted the ban.

It doesnt let you on on City I dont think .It would just close out the first trade if you opened a 2nd in the opposite direction
I don't know.
Never used city.
IG let you do that.

Another way would be 2 city demo accounts.
The tickets were posted too close to entry level to photoshop
I would have thought.
I did start looking into that (albeit rather late in the day...).

It should say what happened.
For every case like this, there are others instances where it has gone pear shaped.
Everyone remembers the flak Lee Shepherd got - case in point, that is the stance the mods were taking at the time.
In this instance the points raised should have remained in hindsight.

The situation is what it is.
The original thread should not stand without a link to this thread,
or merge with this thread.

I do agree it should say what happened .The thread was closed for a few minutes on Friday ,were I think it should have then remained closed till they checked it out fully

I dont know much about Lee so cant comment but he was here for years and was known to others ...When someone appears from the blue I dont see why they should get an automatic trustworthy badge because they post up some charts and give some analysis

Im here over 3 years and rarely post but I`m no troll so that is why I am commenting on why my legit posts were I questioned something not attacked or accused anyone were deleted ,thats all

I don't know.
Never used city.
IG let you do that.

Another way would be 2 city demo accounts.
The tickets were posted too close to entry level to photoshop
I would have thought.
I did start looking into that (albeit rather late in the day...).

Ye suppose because they werent live calls he just posted the winning tickets

I do agree it should say what happened .The thread was closed for a few minutes on Friday ,were I think it should have then remained closed till they checked it out fully

I dont know much about Lee so cant comment but he was here for years and was known to others ...When someone appears from the blue I dont see why they should get an automatic trustworthy badge because they post up some charts and give some analysis

Im here over 3 years and rarely post but I`m no troll so that is why I am commenting on why my legit posts were I questioned something not attacked or accused anyone were deleted ,thats all

I agree completely with everything you say.
I let this one slide, really I should have been backing PB, instead of suggesting
he give the benefit of doubt.
I've never seen him raise those kind of points and be wrong before.

TBH, I recently waded in a bit heavy, too soon with a recent joker called mycroft
here.
I suppose this time I was aware I had got on thin ice a few times there,
so I was giving the benefit of the doubt here more than I should have.
Sods f**king law...:rolleyes:

I've met all sort of different people from the 'industry' & heard about various ways. One is to have 2 accounts and take opposite sides (sell on one account and buy on the other). That way you may suffer only spread cost. Afterwards you show only winning tickets and justify it by whatever - there is always something going on: stoxx going up or down so dax followed because it follows it, but if it didn't then you use some other excuse like it follows dow etc.

So if somebody is to check the tickets and serial numbers everything looks legit. It's kind of being economical with the truth.

PS You choose only one account to show tickets and also keep showing only winning ones (well if you are very good at it, you should show odd losing one). If you keep losing on that account you can justify not showing tickets by not-trading-atm because of choppy market/headache/bad connection etc. etc.

It doesnt let you on on City I dont think .It would just close out the first trade if you opened a 2nd in the opposite direction

You open 20 trades on IG and 20 trades on City in the opposite direction. 10 win on IG and 10 win on city (for example). You just post the 10 winners from city, and lose the spread, which is more than made up for by some numpty handing over his cash.

I think the best lesson into trading from Dax30's thread is the one that's unintentional - the thread itself.

But needn't worry. There will be another one along soon

Cheers. The serial numbers should be useful. ;-)

I can't imagine City giving any details to anybody. Also if he used 'economical with the truth' system, all of the tickets should be legitimate - so no law broken there.

I may be wrong, but that's how I see it

This was a grooming exercise, the intention being to gather a list of contacts using T2W private messages. At some point he would have announced an 'exclusive' Skype trading room or similar and then fleeced people for a few hundred quid each. He claimed in the past that he makes 20 or 30 thousand every time he does this.

PeeBee

I wonder why we never get any whistle blowers saying that this sort of thing happened as a result of a thread? Surely not everyone would be so embarrassed .