Exposed Scammers

Ex-LIFFE mentor was the weirdest part of the story for me, I guess it sounds good on the surface, but I've not heard the LIFFE floor referenced since I started... there have been so many changes that I'm not sure an "ex-LIFFE" trader would be much use regarding retail traded intraday DAX futures without having had electronic trading room experience (in which case they would refer to themselves as ex Goldmans et al) ... next he'll be saying he gets his trading cards timestamped...

And how many Mr Spreadbetting accounts are still posting here?

Last edited:
^ None that we know of.

--------

Now, I get that there's been a lot of excitement following these events, but it would be appreciated if clues relating to said scammer were not publicly exposed if possible. Our very dedicated spy team of Ninjas and forum Gremlins rely on these clues to identify the offending individual. You can always PM a mod or admin if you notice something is wrong and there's evidence he/she is a former scammer. :)

The situation is what it is.
The original thread should not stand without a link to this thread,
or merge with this thread.

Agreed with this. I'll be adding a link to the closed thread for posterity.

^ None that we know of.

--------

Now, I get that there's been a lot of excitement following these events, but it would be appreciated if clues relating to said scammer were not publicly exposed if possible. Our very dedicated spy team of Ninjas and forum Gremlins rely on these clues to identify the offending individual. You can always PM a mod or admin if you notice something is wrong and there's evidence he/she is a former scammer. :)

Agreed with this. I'll be adding a link to the closed thread for posterity.

What about if you just have a gut feeling on the issue, and 'know' that it is him (or someone up to no good)? :)

Well I for one fell for it. This incident gives more credibility to this site to me seeing the diligence that is taken in keeping up integrity. I will certainly be more inclined to pay attention to other posters going forward and take heed of questions that go unanswered.

What about if you just have a gut feeling on the issue, and 'know' that it is him (or someone up to no good)? :)

Report the individual anyway. We'll at least monitor him to see if he's up to no good. Better to be safe than sorry, eh? :)

^

but it would be appreciated if clues relating to said scammer were not publicly exposed if possible. Our very dedicated spy team of Ninjas and forum Gremlins rely on these clues to identify the offending individual. .

So that's why you always delete my posts and ban me when I expose him?

I can honestly say from the moment I saw DAX30 start the thread it looked like a scam to me. I was checking in every day to see how long before it got to get exposed. How could I tell? The guy says he was in the game in 10 years and made £100k+ spread betting and was he was posting trade tickets from a phone. Come on people if you are a pro trader and trading intraday you would be trading the FDAX futures and you would not be using a phone app. If you are trading levels you would have your order in the book waiting for a fill, not getting raped on a spread bet.

I do honestly worry about some people and how they manage to get through life without falling for every scam.

ho hum. lets wait for the next one.

I can honestly say from the moment I saw DAX30 start the thread it looked like a scam to me. I was checking in every day to see how long before it got to get exposed. How could I tell? The guy says he was in the game in 10 years and made £100k+ spread betting and was he was posting trade tickets from a phone. Come on people if you are a pro trader and trading intraday you would be trading the FDAX futures and you would not be using a phone app. If you are trading levels you would have your order in the book waiting for a fill, not getting raped on a spread bet.

I do honestly worry about some people and how they manage to get through life without falling for every scam.

ho hum. lets wait for the next one.

Really, you knew all along? Is that why you recommended his post when he was telling his critics to **** off.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/tra...-not-even-semi-serious-dax30-daytader-77.html

I would just like to offer my apologies to @pboyles (and anyone else I offended) for the way I spoke to him in that thread.
I was out of order.

Sorry

I took him on face value, in hindsight, a mistake, mostly due to this thread:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/futures-options/179986-recommeded-futures-broker.html
The spreadbet side did raise an eyebrow, but flash, CV, Dinos, Lee shep and many
others use it with no complaints.
I don't, but who am I to argue.

Lets face it, the only people coming out of this clean are PB mainly, and Kasa and Zen.
Everyone else is keeping their heads down or saying they knew all along.
Even PB wasn't sure in the early stages.

err yes really. I recommended his post as I was enjoying the banter and the base reply. I quite enjoy seeing peoples true colours.

If no-one actually asked for any money, or gave him money, then no-one has been scammed. The thread itself was at least an entertaining diversion, which is something T2W has lacked recently.

I took him on face value, mostly due to this thread:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/futures-options/179986-recommeded-futures-broker.html
The spreadbet side did raise an eyebrow, but flash, CV, Dinos, Lee shep and many

Lets face it, the only people coming out of this clean are PB mainly, and Kasa and Zen.
Everyone else is keeping their heads down or saying they knew all along.
Even PB wasn't sure in the early stages.

all the pro traders I have met trade futures or use a true ecn if they trade forex. most of them have a play account with IG but they know better than to scalp on it and will buy and hold. I have yet to meet a pro trader who has his main account at a bucketshop. I think Lee was doing some relative value index stuff and holding for hours/days+. could just be coincidence of course that I have yet to meet a pro trader who's main account is at a bucketshop.:sleep:

If no-one actually asked for any money, or gave him money, then no-one has been scammed. The thread itself was at least an entertaining diversion, which is something T2W has lacked recently.

I spose that was my view as well.
That would have rapidly changed had he started hinting at sales or
asking for money or PM's etc.
At the time, to my knowledge, he wasn't, so I didn't see any harm.

Really, you knew all along? Is that why you recommended his post when he was telling his critics to **** off.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/tra...-not-even-semi-serious-dax30-daytader-77.html

I'll listen to you from now on but it is a pity that there is no efficient way of stopping these people from posting.

I take people at face value and it is very necessary, on a site like this, to allow trading ideas to be expressed freely.

There comes a time, though, when warning bells start ringing, questions
on trading styles should be asked. I had them but did not express them when I should have.

There was time when I thought that you were looking for ghosts in closets but I was wrong.....I hope!

I took him on face value, in hindsight, a mistake, mostly due to this thread:

Originally he was only making two or three (alleged) trades a day on longer time frames, so there wouldn't have been a problem with spreadbet. It was only when he started saying he was in and out in seconds that it became suspicious. Just because he posted tickets from a mobile platform, that didn't mean he was using it to trade.

well I certainly found it entertaining. The guy seems to have quite a good handle on human psychology using several techniques to groom people. These predators will look for the most vulnerable people in their target market and T2W is ripe for the picking. :)

all the pro traders I have met trade futures or use a true ecn if they trade forex. most of them have a play account with IG but they know better than to scalp on it and will buy and hold. I have yet to meet a pro trader who has his main account at a bucketshop. I think Lee was doing some relative value index stuff and holding for hours/days+. could just be coincidence of course that I have yet to meet a pro trader who's main account is at a bucketshop.:sleep:

Well I agree with you.
The point I am making is I wasn't going to argue, I don't use SB's either.
Plenty who do thought the guy was legit (dinos for starters).
I have actually tried short term trading on IG, its not as horrific as you think.
MBT and LMAX are my main accounts due to automation and lower costs.

I saw his initial posts claiming to make up to 2 trades a day off major levels,
and thought, ok fair enough, paid no more attention.
I didn't notice his frequency and duration had increased until nearer the end.
Liek I say, I didn't see enough there to think it was worth scouring every post.

I take people at face value and it is very necessary, on a site like this, to allow trading ideas to be expressed freely.

I take people at face value in the REAL world but come on this is the internet. You wont learn how to trade profitably from a trading forum. Your best bet is to find a prop firm locally to you and get someone to mentor you.

Well I agree with you.
The point I am making is I wasn't going to argue, I don't use SB's either.
Plenty who do thought the guy was legit (dinos for starters).
I have actually tried short term trading on IG, its not as horrific as you think.
MBT and LMAX are my main accounts due to automation and lower costs.

I saw his initial posts claiming to make up to 2 trades a day off major levels,
and thought, ok fair enough, paid no more attention.
I didn't notice his frequency and duration had increased until nearer the end.
Liek I say, I didn't see enough there to think it was worth scouring every post.

didn't the screenshots from a phone put you off.:LOL: