Exposed Scammers

I apologise to those who saw through what I did not, especially PBoyles.

"Never" is a long time so I won't say that I won't be caught again.

Turns out dax30 was MR Spreadbet and has now been banned.

So are you going to apologise for banning me permanently for daring to raise that possibility? More importantly the next time he appears are you going to listen?

Turns out dax30 was MR Spreadbet and has now been banned.

:LOL: yup, peebee has it again - looks like the cynical view of life is the winner on the trading front.

I still think this thread was unusual with some good sense being advanced and a couple of strategies that seemed to support the "trades" posted. Once again my "give 'em a chance" strategy is found wanting - bit like my trading recently :)

How many of you gave him money? His usual form is to come back under a new user name and say how much money he made and have a good laugh at you.

Markmc,

i've just PM'd him to remind him who the dumbass is:LOL:

3 questions now,

1. does anyone recognise the tickets he was showing, Vasco believes they were City "mobile" ones, can anyone confirm this or are they more likely to be demo account ones.

2. What was he hoping to achieve by this, he made it clear he wasn't selling anything, unless as PB says he was selling and some were clearly taken in by him.

3. who is he? i have the feeling based on the way he went for me it was quite possibly Davey boy, otherwise known as Hi-there of ftse 100 fame (or infamy). We have locked horns many times before an adfvn and when challenged he does get offensive. He never had losing trades and always went for large stakes. (just my opinion though)

Markmc,

3 questions now,

1. does anyone recognise the tickets he was showing, Vasco believes they were City "mobile" ones, can anyone confirm this or are they more likely to be demo account ones.

2. What was he hoping to achieve by this, he made it clear he wasn't selling anything, unless as PB says he was selling and some were clearly taken in by him.

3. who is he? i have the feeling based on the way he went for me it was quite possibly Davey boy, otherwise known as Hi-there of ftse 100 fame (or infamy). We have locked horns many times before an adfvn and when challenged he does get offensive. He never had losing trades and always went for large stakes. (just my opinion though)

Ye they are city, and live and demo serial numbers on tickets are more or less the same in sequential order I was told

Like PB said, people give him money because he talks the talk and seems legit.Sure search twitter (his username) and he has that up since Friday so if he didnt post here they go to twitter.....He has since removed the part follow my diary on trade2win from the title:LOL:

Markmc,

3 questions now,

This was a grooming exercise, the intention being to gather a list of contacts using T2W private messages. At some point he would have announced an 'exclusive' Skype trading room or similar and then fleeced people for a few hundred quid each. He claimed in the past that he makes 20 or 30 thousand every time he does this.

Ye they are city, and live and demo serial numbers on tickets are more or less the same in sequential order I was told

Like PB said, people give him money because he talks the talk and seems legit.Sure search twitter (his username) and he has that up since Friday so if he didnt post here they go to twitter

I was looking for that user name elsewhere and couldn't find it. If he has that up and running now then he has most likely already PMed a lot of people here and moved them over to twitter knowing we were on his tail.

I was looking for that user name elsewhere and couldn't find it. If he has that up and running now then he has most likely already PMed a lot of people here and moved them over to twitter knowing we were on his tail.

Yep ,then it goes private as trolls keep commenting and then it takes up to much time and would you mind paying a small fee to compensate me

Yep ,then it goes private as trolls keep commenting and then it takes up to much time and would you mind paying a small fee to compensate me

Or you have to pay because then I know you'll take it seriously or whatever other crap he can think up.

Can you post a link to his twitter feed?

Doesn't matter if they are live or demo.
Typically, long and short trades are taken, winning ticket posted.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt as he was talking levels mostly.
As for stops, I didn't see that as a concern at the time, that is the basis of scratching a trade.
Yes its a fair point that scratching and a high strike are more of a puzzle and unlikely.
Scratching tends to drastically reduce average MAE, but typically lowers strike,
while avg. win/loss ratio is improved.
With a low sample size, it isn't totally impossible, longer term is a different story.

What was the conclusive proof of him being Mr SB?
I do think that proof should be posted on the original thread by a mod
for the record, either that or delete the entire thread.
If it is a known fact that he is Mr SB, that thread should not stand without that clarification.

What was the conclusive proof of him being Mr SB?
I

The mods established it, presumably through some or other electronic trail. I'd strongly suggest they do NOT state how they did it, that will only make him aware of how to avoid being caught next time.

The mods established it, presumably through some or other electronic trail. I'd strongly suggest they do NOT state how they did it, that will only make him aware of how to avoid being caught next time.
Fair point, and I doubt the mods would say something like that without it being fact.
It appears you were right.
He didn't fool me as such, but I certainly didn't have the suspicions you did either.
Must pay more attention next time...like actually looking at posts in more detail
than I actually did.
I admit I took it at face value, as I wasn't that interested, I didn't delve deeper.

Quite a few people owe you an apology, which you probably won't get.
Me on the other hand, I was wrong and you were right.
Well done.

More to the point - the original thread should not be left as it is.
Merge this thread with it, or a mod post a warning and link to this thread
and leave it locked.

He certainly got the right comment on his last twitter post "lifes a big bad bitch".

He certainly took a lot of people in on his thread and if he managed to con most of the people that thanked and praised him, they should really watch themselves in future and not be so gullible.

More to the point - the original thread should not be left as it is.
Merge this thread with it, or a mod post a warning and link to this thread
and leave it locked.

Whats the mod warning gonna say ...Sorry I deleted every post trying to expose this scammer and let him carry on posting crap and abuse but he is a real scammer so stay away

Whats the mod warning gonna say ...Sorry I deleted every post trying to expose this scammer and let him carry on posting crap and abuse but he is a real scammer so stay away

Please insert "just like I did the last time he was exposed here"