Trade2Win - a dangerous place for newbies ?

pedro01

It seems to me of late that little is being done to 'police' this site in terms of unscrupulous scammers.

Anyone that is providing a service to traders should declare themselves as a vendor loud & clear. It is now a regular event for people to post their 'methods' or 'opinions' on the market with links to their website (or their business name as their user name).

The only reason these people come here is to advertise. I would have thought from a business perspective that having a bunch of free advertisers would lessen the amount of people paying to advertise here.

The bottom line is that 99% of these people that come on here & post with links to their sites are scammers. They are not declaring themselves as vendors.

You have Suresh1_1 with his click throughs to dodgy Forex EAs on his 'profit every day' threads. We have technicalanalyst with http://www.trade2win.com/boards/us-indices/73344-s-p-our-take-today.html with links to 'their' (i.e. him in his bedroom) magic S&R indicator site and associated sales material.

Bottom line is that these people are not vetted and are not offering anything of value. They are however, likely to be hooking in newbies and ensuring that these people are relieved of $100's or $1000's of dollars with nothing of value in return.

Is T2W actively supporting these people or is this a case of being asleep at the wheel ? Reporting these threads does nothing to remove the links these people put there.

It seems wrong to me, the T2W community needs to help newbs avoid people like this, not expose them to it.

Am I the only one that feels this way ?

Pete

I used to think people ought to be protected from this ****e, to but increasingly I'm coming around to the view that it's not T2W's problem if people are stupid enough to fall for these scams.

What I do think though is that the links make T2W look stupid.

It seems to me of late that little is being done to 'police' this site in terms of unscrupulous scammers.

Anyone that is providing a service to traders should declare themselves as a vendor loud & clear. It is now a regular event for people to post their 'methods' or 'opinions' on the market with links to their website (or their business name as their user name).

The only reason these people come here is to advertise. I would have thought from a business perspective that having a bunch of free advertisers would lessen the amount of people paying to advertise here.

The bottom line is that 99% of these people that come on here & post with links to their sites are scammers. They are not declaring themselves as vendors.

You have Suresh1_1 with his click throughs to dodgy Forex EAs on his 'profit every day' threads. We have technicalanalyst with http://www.trade2win.com/boards/us-indices/73344-s-p-our-take-today.html with links to 'their' (i.e. him in his bedroom) magic S&R indicator site and associated sales material.

Bottom line is that these people are not vetted and are not offering anything of value. They are however, likely to be hooking in newbies and ensuring that these people are relieved of $100's or $1000's of dollars with nothing of value in return.

Is T2W actively supporting these people or is this a case of being asleep at the wheel ? Reporting these threads does nothing to remove the links these people put there.

It seems wrong to me, the T2W community needs to help newbs avoid people like this, not expose them to it.

Pete

buyer beware

get parental control installed on your machine.... its a big bad world out there!

if not T2W, the idiots will get scammed outside of it in any case :)

"a fool and his money are easily parted..."

Ecxellent...i'll just open a thread and you can all sign up to the mod ranks then.....there are an awful lot of members around here who don't put their money where their mouth is !

Just keep on using the report post function and we will take a balanced view as always... every one of them is read you know...most are actioned...and some require further digging.

Other sites have methods of stopping and/or removing this garbage. I couldn't give two ****s about idiots being relieved of their money, but I do care that I have to waste my precious life reading the drivel.

BAN SANTA for a start.

Pete
No you are not the only one. I agree with you completely.

Vendors are using more and more techniques now for advertising via T2W. As you say they use user names that look like company names or URLs and they use URLs in signatures.

A trick that is becoming more prevalent now is the newbie post that is often a question e.g. Where can I find information on..... followed by another newbie reply .... at www.
Has anyone attended the training course "How to get rich trading with no more than 1 minute per day's work", followed by another newbie reply "Yes greatest course ever, I'm now a multi-millionaire"

Whilst I agree with other posters that T2W is not responsible for readers' folly, I am not sure how much they are doing to stamp it out. I would think that authorised vendors would be pretty miffed if they have to pay for advertising that others get free of charge.

In the past I have reported these scams, but as I don't get any sense that T2W are helping to stamp it out, I am coming to the conclusion that I should no longer bother.

Charlton

Other sites have methods of stopping and/or removing this garbage. I couldn't give two ****s about idiots being relieved of their money, but I do care that I have to waste my precious life reading the drivel.

BAN SANTA for a start.

It is not necessarily idiots that are being relieved of their money.

The trading industry is a bit like the bodybuilding industry. There are magazines, websites, trainers etc. showing you the next workout that will add 20lbs of muscle in 12 weeks. Selling you the latest nitro-creatine-protein mega-pack that'll see you strip fat as you add muscle. Of course, it is all complete crapola. The big guys are like that because they take a boat load of drugs, end of story.

Look at the trading industry, there are some very smart scammers preying on the unaware. Telling them that their improved "ultra EMA" indicator will give them profitable entries every day. Let's face some facts - most of the information in books & websites is total crap.

I think you have to distinguish between fools and people starting out and thinking that all the good information is for sale.

A good web community will take care of members at all levels in their journey. Most will give up but none deserve to be exposed to scammers. Just because the experienced here know better, it in no way makes you any better than someone just starting out.

I guess the caveat emptor gang never made mistakes or brought any crap and just popped out of the womb with the ability to both trade and distinguish between scammers and those with something real to offer.

Anyone want to do a course on trading ?
Here is the punchline it is free !
Well may be a few quid to cover costs ect but hey what is the thoughts on this ?

There are a million and one things in the pipeline being worked on and reviewed presently. This function is being carried out by our Community Managers...

In the mean time...if anyone feels so strongly about something then i'm sure the CM's would like to hear about it.

---------------------------------------------------

I guess the caveat emptor gang never made mistakes or brought any crap and just popped out of the womb with the ability to both trade and distinguish between scammers and those with something real to offer.

That's not the point. The point is to learn from one's mistakes. If someone is scammed by one of these people into spending fifty quid on an ebook or whatever... then a cheap life lesson I guess.

That's not the point. The point is to learn from one's mistakes. If someone is scammed by one of these people into spending fifty quid on an ebook or whatever... then a cheap life lesson I guess.

What's your limit on that ?

$3,000+ course as offered by one unregistered vendor here ?
$10,000 in trading losses ?

Seem acceptable ? From what I see, these people aren't after $50

Yeah, the surreptious advertising is a real bane, but I know from my modding days that dealing with it is given a high priority. It's only rarely that reported posts go unnnoticed, but it can happen. Similarly, if no action is to be taken the reporter will usually be told why, but sometimes that doesn't happen. So keep banging the report button.

You'd be surprised at just how many threads are thrown in the bin. It's an eye popping number.

I happen to think the mods do a damn good job (but then I would, wouldn't I :))

jon

What's your limit on that ?

$3,000+ course as offered by one unregistered vendor here ?
$10,000 in trading losses ?

Seem acceptable ? From what I see, these people aren't after $50

My limit depends on the victim... presumed victim is a 48 year old white male middle manager who drives a base spec 3 series, shops at waitrose because he wouldn't want to "be seen" at tesco, drinks cheap lager at the pub and ale at home. Platonic relationship with wife (assisted by copys of 1980s vintage Mayfair) and slightly nervous of his two teenage children. Could have paid off his mortgage by now but went for a conservatory instead. Replaces curtains every few years.

In this case I estimate an acceptable loss to be approximate £674.28.

Yeah, the surreptious advertising is a real bane, but I know from my modding days that dealing with it is given a high priority. It's only rarely that reported posts go unnnoticed, but it can happen. Similarly, if no action is to be taken the reporter will usually be told why, but sometimes that doesn't happen. So keep banging the report button.

You'd be surprised at just how many threads are thrown in the bin. It's an eye popping number.

I happen to think the mods do a damn good job (but then I would, wouldn't I :))

jon

I forgot to add that over 1500 members have been permanently banned (well that's about where it was when I hung up my mod boots)and the vast majority of those are spammers. 'Course, they often keep finding a way to come back under a different name so that probably doesn't properly reflect the real number involved in spamming.

jon

i don't get where members think that we don't do anything, i've never posted a mod log before but here we go just to show that stuff is done (even though you all seem to think nothing is!)

here are 3 logs of actions to suresh, this does not include deleted posts, of which there are many, there were deletions last night of his cross posted links. i don't think he will be with us much longer ;)

i badged up technicalanalyst, so far haven't got the time to follow up and edit his posts (there are a lot), says so in post report. he'll have his wings clipped by the end of the week no doubt.

we are but few, we can't be everywhere at once, the latest post issues are usually dealt with first, and long standing issues discovered are dealt with as time allows.

seems to me that members are also being picky on who they choose to report, there are plenty of long standing members who have hooks in their off site content that supports their t2w content. do they get reported ..no they don't!

hopefully the cm's new policy actions will sort out the grey areas, and bring guidelines up to date.

Attachments

• Camarilla Trading Profit Everyday.JPG
    Camarilla Trading Profit Everyday.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 225
  • Pivot Based Trading - Profit Daily.JPG
    Pivot Based Trading - Profit Daily.JPG
    137.1 KB · Views: 246
  • Profit everyday with 5ema 13ema.JPG
    Profit everyday with 5ema 13ema.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 197
Ultimately I agree with LM insofar as the mods can't do everything, and more people could put their money where their mouths are.

I have never seen any stats btw on who is most active an reporting this stuff. Maybe that could be built into the rep system somehow. now there's a thought. everyone loves a snitch right? ;)................