Duncan Robertson - Chief Wizard

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call ... THE TWIG-BIRD ZONE

Dynamite,
Growltiger makes a cogent case for the prosection, and 'lots of people' are often wrong - check the Nuremburg videos for an example. Personally I don't think there's enough evidence either way to decide Soc's motives, and I tend to think that he's innocent until proven guilty. I have seen no evidence to suggest ulterior purpose behind his posting, and I found those postings to be of use so I'm grateful for it all - I'm not about to pay any cash out, I got a decent return on my time, who am I to complain?

Soc's thread ran in a manner that was unusual for T2W, and I'd agree that the manner was in fact contrary to the sort of ethos many felt T2W promulgated - I can see why this thread ran that way, and don't have a problem with it... at all times users were perfectly free to stop reading it.

I can readily understand why so many were upset by the 'policing', I wasn't - if I disagreed with Soc I was free to quit the thread, and with so many 'hits' every day the thread would have been totally unreadable had critics been allowed to keep posting.... I defy anyone to state that the critics would not have turned that thread (rapidly) into a complete circus, and free speech in my view includes the freedom to share a thread without listening to endless complaints from those who disagree with it. I don't rate value investing, I don't go posting my objections on value investing boards, I'm still at a loss to know why so many people seem so determined to shoot down posters on T2W... it's almost automatic these days that if somebody pops up and says something nice about a program, course or book then they'll have DNA samples taken, a search of companies house will pull their last 5 years books up for scrutiny, and somebody will post a photo to show yer kids look funny as well.

I expect some mods will feel a bit bruised - they're guys like me and they did their best with what they knew at the time.
(Female mods - I use 'guys' for both sexes, 'gals' sounds silly to me, and 'guys and gals brings back unhappy memories of being forced to endure Jimmy Saville through my formative years.)

Trendie, Great post, I normally only lurk ( unless I'm after help :cheesy: ) but your post has inspired me to comment further.
First, Mods, Any chance you could check Dynamite's IP address. Having used this site almost daily for a year now you start to get a feel for genuine and otherwise, I get an 'otherwise' feel about these posts.
Further to this debate I always had an ' otherwise' feel about Soc's posts.
There are certain poster's on this site where no matter what the subject is, one always feels compelled to read because you know the advice/comment is coming from a genuine trader with genuine market experience and a genuine desire to help other traders.
Chartman, Skimbleshanks, Newtron Bomb, Trader333, Jonnyt, dbphoenix, tradesmart, China White, all spring to mind, and no doubt some other's I've missed. Straight forward answers to straight forward questions, unquestionably, with a view to helping others.
Soc's post's never quite did his for me, sometimes wanting to follow believing the holy grail was obtainable, next post, as someone was shot down in flames, thinking this guy surely can't be for real. Yesterday when the cult theory was mentioned I couldn't help thinking that was how I felt at times. I sincerely hope that no money has changed hands, T2W has been at the forefront of exposing Darren & Vince etc, and I hope we haven't been harbouring another one.
Oh no, I'm getting that 'otherwise' feeling again, if only I'd get that when I enter a crap trade.
Back to square one! :cheesy:

Thank you Mr Dave JB for your welcome.

Mr DOM 1
I can't explain to you why I registered just when I did. I don't think its' a crime to do thisand you attitude doesn't seem very friendly. I had to look up narcism as I didnt' know what it meansand it is connected with self love and a need to be recogised. I'm sorry if I look that way to you. There didn't seem to be any harm in asking. When I looked the word up I saw that as well as self love it meant a mental illness called narcissistic personality disorder and that was about peoples' poor self image and one of the symptoms is jealousy. I don't think you know enough about me to say those things and i am surprised that someone from a nice country like Canada would say these sort of things to a new member

Dynamite.

I made the connection based on futurology (read the Journey from the Basement in its entirety) - obviously I am still in the basement and I am a dunce.

I apologize.

Enjoy T2W

Dynamites i.p. address -
I'd hope that T2W was keeping an eye on subterfuge, I know they've done so in the past to expose course salesmen posing as newbies etc. I still do not accept it's okay to assume that everyone popping up like this is a crook on the make. Like every other site T2W is indeed subject to attempts to infiltrate it, which I find reprehensible - unfortunately it's also becoming the place where the average new member is subjected to a degree of hostility in the belief that somewhere along the line they'll turn out to be Darren Winters...
Should Dynamite be Soc in disguise I'm sure he'll be outed soon enough! Don't get me wrong here, salesmen posing as newbies should indeed be whipped to a pulp then fed to canibal hamsters, (or some such), but as a community I think we ought to turn the wick of paranoia down just a teensy bit before T2W becomes the place nobody dare join.

Case for the Prosecution?

DaveJB said:
Dynamite,
Growltiger makes a cogent case for the prosection, and 'lots of people' are often wrong - check the Nuremburg videos for an example. Personally I don't think there's enough evidence either way to decide Soc's motives, and I tend to think that he's innocent until proven guilty.

Not intended as a prosecution. Rather, a series of explanations of the undoubted strength of feeling that is evidenced in the discussion that has welled up this week. Such explanation had been requested by the post from Dynamite. It seems to me that the nature of the subject matter of the Basement thread (which I summarised as neutrally as I could) makes the strong feelings inevitable. I cannot say I care for your reference to Nuremberg, but I agree with you that judgement without evidence would be unfair.

DaveJB said:
Should Dynamite be Soc in disguise I'm sure he'll be outed soon enough!

I would like to confirm that Dynamite is NOT Socrates.

And according to the tracking records, Socrates has only ever posted under his Socrates nick.

That's right children, there is only one of me and that is enough. If you do not like me calling you children
you have to earn the right by behaving properly.

Whoops, Soccers has been given time off from his role in the next Harry Potter movie - I've heard that it's going to be 'wizard'...............

"there is only one of me and that is enough" - that's a bit rich coming from Mr HP/TP/AL/CW/SC..............etc.etc..........etc.etc............etc.etc..........e

Last edited:
SOCRATES said:
That's right children, there is only one of me and that is enough. If you do not like me calling you children
you have to earn the right by behaving properly.

Is that it? is that what you ment by going 'truly stratospheric'? a pathetic little insult (again)

Fantastic - Sucker's back with more churlish quips, insults and damaged ego - hang on a minute - arent you supposed to be some HP TP type with no ego? hmmm. Maybe assuming AR and SE would be a more apt description of your personality?

Face it buddy, your empty threats are as void now as they ever were now your little plan has back fired. Why don't you go off to ET and try your con there? Ooops - my mistake - you already have haven't you and you failed there too!

Why don't you simply drop the insults and the superior attitude? You may find that you get along a little bit better with folks? I would have thought someone with such futurologkul ability - someone who can indeed teleport their minds to the other side of the cosmos could do a little better than this!!

Good traders are always learning - always looking to improve their play. Your first mistake was to disregard this and assume you have already reached the end of the rainbow. I have been reading all your posts in great detail and have marked them all from A to D in my secret little cosmic black book! You have made plenty of other mistakes too I can assure you. Now, if you are nice, stop acting like a little dunce, and pay me £5,000 - I will tell you how to become a truly positive, well adjusted member of society - but Im not sure if youre made of the right stuff?

Read every word carefully mr sucker-tease. Every word has been hand picked with you in mind!

:(

Chartman

My criticism of moderators yesterday was grossly unfair. I hope you will accept my unreserved apology.

Last edited:
jimvt said:
Chartman

My criticism of moderators yesterday was grossly unfair. I hope you will accept my unreserved apology.

Now that is what you call a decent fellow.

It is a universal observation that there are two main classes of individual who are set up to fail as traders.
Neither of these two categories are equipped to deal with what is laid in front of them by the market.

Both groups get very mad when they do fail, and then they go on to rant and rave and blame everybody else except themselves of course, because they view themselves for some perverse reason as the torch bearers of fairness and free speech . Snort !

The first group include the Academics, or those that view themselves as Academics because they have been able to obtain a Degree. They think that obtaining a Degree (of any sort) bestowes upon them a failsafe guarentee to succeed. This is not necessarily so. When they fail, as a result of not having the right character for starters, they get resentful, when it is demonstrated to them that what they ought to do is to conduct themselves in a proper manner, in time honoured fashion, as the market demands of all participants.

The second category are at the opposite extreme of the scale. These are the people (through no fault of their own) who are contaminated by the working class mentality. It is universally observed how the WCM through its love of money succeeds in blinding the victim as to what has to be done to succeed. Hence the WCM continues to breed the WCM. This is the great curse of modernity.

Thus the two are very different but yield the same result which is Resentment Against Achievement.

This results in mob behaviour in which no one wins. No one wins, because the holder of the necessary key knowledge, who maintains the right to pass on the skills to whoever is chosen, goes on strike (in WCM parlance) or Abstains (in A parlance), because the qualifying criteria for this profession remain Ability, Merit and Conduct.

These criteria are not to be found amongst rude and offensive juveniles. This is a tragedy because the ones that most need help do not recognise the fact, but, nor do they do anything to deserve assistance. To the contrary, they shoot themselves in the foot before they start and they succeed in denying others what is desperately needed.

This is why I am not interested in teaching or writing a book or selling software or having to struggle with dunces, whether paid or unpaid.

Are there no bounds to your arrogance, Bert?

Here's a little extract from http://www.dannyhaszard.com/captivehearts.htm

Grandiose Sense of Self

The cult leader enjoys tremendous feelings of entitlement. He believes everything is owed to him as a right. Preoccupied with his own fantasies, he must always be the center of attention. He presents himself as the "Ultimate One" enlightened, a vehicle of God, a genius, the leader of humankind, and sometimes even the most humble of humble. He has an insatiable need for adulation and attendance. His grandiosity may also be a defense against inner emptiness, depression, and a sense of insignificance.

Last edited:
T2W members poll:-

Who has made the greatest contribution to the Dark Arts (sometimes known as ‘Darksiding’):-

1. Harry Potter

2. Albert Labos

3. Skimbleshanks

4. Chief Wizard

5. Professor Dumbledorf

6. Socrates

7. Duncan Robertson

8. Tradesmart

9. Adolf Hitler

10. Eddie Izzard

Beware, some nominees may be several personas/aliases seamlessly bifurcated and supercooled from one HP……..

(and no sauce please….!)

Nominations to be posted below......

Status
Not open for further replies.