Duncan Robertson - Chief Wizard

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOCRATES said:
It is a universal observation that there are two main classes of individual who are set up to fail as traders.
Neither of these two categories are equipped to deal with what is laid in front of them by the market.

Both groups get very mad when they do fail, and then they go on to rant and rave and blame everybody else except themselves of course, because they view themselves for some perverse reason as the torch bearers of fairness and free speech . Snort !

The first group include the Academics, or those that view themselves as Academics because they have been able to obtain a Degree. They think that obtaining a Degree (of any sort) bestowes upon them a failsafe guarentee to succeed. This is not necessarily so. When they fail, as a result of not having the right character for starters, they get resentful, when it is demonstrated to them that what they ought to do is to conduct themselves in a proper manner, in time honoured fashion, as the market demands of all participants.

The second category are at the opposite extreme of the scale. These are the people (through no fault of their own) who are contaminated by the working class mentality. It is universally observed how the WCM through its love of money succeeds in blinding the victim as to what has to be done to succeed. Hence the WCM continues to breed the WCM. This is the great curse of modernity.

Thus the two are very different but yield the same result which is Resentment Against Achievement.

This results in mob behaviour in which no one wins. No one wins, because the holder of the necessary key knowledge, who maintains the right to pass on the skills to whoever is chosen, goes on strike (in WCM parlance) or Abstains (in A parlance), because the qualifying criteria for this profession remain Ability, Merit and Conduct.

These criteria are not to be found amongst rude and offensive juveniles. This is a tragedy because the ones that most need help do not recognise the fact, but, nor do they do anything to deserve assistance. To the contrary, they shoot themselves in the foot before they start and they succeed in denying others what is desperately needed.

This is why I am not interested in teaching or writing a book or selling software or having to struggle with dunces, whether paid or unpaid.

This could well be true. Suckertease - have you had time for some self-reflection yet and decided which of these two categories you fall into?

Again - you are making basic mistakes. You are assuming that just because someone doesnt agree with you they must be failures. Not only is this stupid, but it is incredibly ignorant - as most of your ramblings are. You can not accept that there ARE successful traders here on these boards who do not and can not agree with you. Thats life. So what - no need to get so upset is there?

I'm very sorry to hear you tales of woe and how hard it was for you to develop the self confidence to become profitable in the markets (if you are - personally I doubt it as you seem to become agitated and upset very easily) - but if you start to try and belittle others - you get all you deserve.

Live by the sword - die by the sword. I have no sympathy for you.

Anyway, the markets are opening soon - and I've had enough of this and you. I've made my point and have nothing further to add. Im sure the others here have better things to do than reading this drivel - and they should be focusing upon their trading - not this little circus - amusing though it may be!

I sincerely hope you manage to overcome your shortcoming and develop in to a more rounded individual and trader.

Be lucky!

Lol

So this is how it all worked out in the end.... LOL

If you feel fooled or cheated maybe you might think about how you apportioned your expectations on this issue, because you possibly missed the most important part of the excercise which is whilst others might give you some guidance you will only achieve your goals from the degree of effort you personally apply and in fairness I think the guy was quite upfront with that part of his 'message'.

Personally, I had no expectations I just welcomed the entertainment when time was slow and I'll just thank Albert for that even though I am just a WCM ..LOL

Cheers

chump said:
So this is how it all worked out in the end.... LOL

If you feel fooled or cheated maybe you might think about how you apportioned your expectations on this issue, because you possibly missed the most important part of the excercise which is whilst others might give you some guidance you will only achieve your goals from the degree of effort you personally apply and in fairness I think the guy was quite upfront with that part of his 'message'.

Personally, I had no expectations I just welcomed the entertainment when time was slow and I'll just thank Albert for that even though I am just a WCM ..LOL

Cheers
I am very pleased you have been able to benefit.

and thankyou from the WCM dear sir - you've left your name here, did you leave your address? - somewhere down on the Sussex coast was it? It'll be quite easy to find......

We'd like to come and thank you..........

Attachments

• docile sheep.jpg
    docile sheep.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 994
Last edited:
tradesmart said:
you've left your name here, did you leave your address? - somewhere down on the Sussex coast was it? It'll be quite easy to find......
Are you using these boards to make a public threat to harm another person?

Good Lord Skim,

I'm merely suggesting that many of us WCM's would like to have a chance to meet the great man personally to convey our thanks for all that he has done..........

I mean - wouldn't you.........?

tradesmart
Your post was accompanied by a picture of armed gangsters. Let this be a warning to you and anyone else who believes it is amusing to make a threat against any T2W member. This behaviour is akin to bullies, louts and hooligans and will NOT be tolerated on these boards.

If you are unable to exhibit the manners and courtesy to others that is a requirement of these boards, then I respectfully suggest that you go elsewhere, and take any like-minded others with you.

Ah Yes – but the market is a pastiche of ‘altered images’ and therein lies the most enduring animal story of all……

Never trust what you ‘see’ and what you ‘read’ can be misinterpreted………..

The threatening scenario morphs into the sweet and docile, and a fleeting loss turns into a long term profit…….

Hopefully Socrates will return to tell us the most important of animal stories…..

The Predator and the Sheep……..

Attachments

• Wolf in sheeps clothing.jpg
    Wolf in sheeps clothing.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
and anyway - they were't armed gangsters, they were my uncles on my mothers side....

sorry if the looked a bit 'weather beaten' but this is what the WCM is like........

Hi Tradesmart

You may be wasting your bus fare going to sussex
All celebrities live in London

Dc - where ever, it will be a pilgrimage and I'll be on my bike (don't you dare..!) or on foot wearing a hair shirt........

cheque book tucked into my g-string........

ps - oh hell, since speaking with Skim above, I've lost one of my 'side stars' - does this mean there's another one added to the ceiling of the star chamber.......... :LOL:

Last edited:
Reactions: pb
conjuring all sorts of bareback Harley riding easy rider images. or maybe Im just getting old

Growltiger,
okay - I should now type a more appropriate phrase in, but I'm a bit stuck for one <g> However, I was trying to make the point that you had argued sensibly, keeping to the facts and I'd agree with your perceptions of the feelings evoked. I'd say my synopsis described things with (probably) a pro Soc viewpoint, yours was a slightly anti Soc one, but I'd like to think both 'takes' were reasonable stabs at describing quite a complex situation.
As for Nuremburg, substitute tulip mania... I've no axe to grind, I was just trying to make the point that majorities don't necessarily make good decisions - blame it on my childhood, when every comic had somebody in khaki giving the stereotypes what for. (Don't even get me started on Matt Braddock, ace Sgt pilot....)
Nice to see Soc joining in here with his usual flair for pouring oil on troubled waters <bg>
Dave

DaveJB said:
Growltiger,
okay - I should now type a more appropriate phrase in, but I'm a bit stuck for one <g> However, I was trying to make the point that you had argued sensibly, keeping to the facts and I'd agree with your perceptions of the feelings evoked. I'd say my synopsis described things with (probably) a pro Soc viewpoint, yours was a slightly anti Soc one, but I'd like to think both 'takes' were reasonable stabs at describing quite a complex situation.
As for Nuremburg, substitute tulip mania... I've no axe to grind, I was just trying to make the point that majorities don't necessarily make good decisions - blame it on my childhood, when every comic had somebody in khaki giving the stereotypes what for. (Don't even get me started on Matt Braddock, ace Sgt pilot....)
Nice to see Soc joining in here with his usual flair for pouring oil on troubled waters <bg>
Dave
That's fine. A stab at capturing the essentials is all I was after, in the process throwing up some implicit questions.

Yep,
fine by me as well, I thought you made your various points rather well actually, my post was intended to point out that you had also produced a good explanation of the circus - Dynamite would have got a decent second opinion by reading it.

So my apologies if that isn't how it came across. We all have our various ideas and suspicions, when logic and reasoned argument are perfectly sufficient to make the case I can't see why so many go into 'Sun headline' mode.
Dave

This afternoon a perforated 45 gallon drum was delivered to me. It is in my garden. I am having a glass of champagne whilst I attend to a bonfire. I am having a jolly good burn up. All of you will on this trhread will be very amused when I tell you what has gone into the drum. It is not yet finished ~ when it is I will tell you so you can all laugh. Correction. Some of you will laugh, others will not be laughing, much to the contrary.

Don’t tell me Soccers, you’ve put an effigy of the WCM or the missus into the drum and are thinking of putting it on the bonfire……..

You really shouldn’t have had that champers should you……?!

And remember – it could affect the TP……..

and isn't having "burn-ups" whilst under the influence illegal........?

You're becoming a reckless old Chief Wizard you are.........!

Attachments

• wizards.jpg
    wizards.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
tradesmart said:
Don’t tell me Soccers, you’ve put an effigy of the WCM or the missus into the drum and are thinking of putting it on the bonfire……..

You really shouldn’t have had that champers should you……?!

And remember – it could affect the TP……..

and isn't having "burn-ups" whilst under the influence illegal........?

You're becoming a reckless old Chief Wizard you are.........!
No, it is not, it is even funnier than that. I have been doing my gardening all afternoon and I came in earlier and saw how you posted in a threatening manner, and how the moderators had altered it.

This helped me to make up my mind. I had intended to provide free copies of several trading books which are classics to T2W members as they were surplus to my requirements, postage paid , free of charge, as gifts.

Also multiple copies of other trading books and CDs and textbooks., all of this also free of charge, postage paid, as gifts.

I used to have a Foundation, which was devoted to providing free literature and all sorts of goodies to aspiring traders who needed help, regardless as to whether they had been my students or not. I have also incinerated the remnants of that, and you will cringe to hear, this lot included 6 copies of the Richard Wykoff course, mint, still in their wrappers.

As a consequence of your collective behaviour on this thread and yours in particular I have burnt the lot.

I also intended to provide, free of charge to any T2W member a copy of my work with regard to the tecqnique required to develop the TP in graded excercises.

This was in binders totalling 1800 pages each in 38 graded steps. I have burnt the lot, and in addition all the floppies appertaining to this work totalling 50 copies. Now as a result of your conduct, no copies exist and everybody loses.

It all remains inside my head and I am not willing to tell anybody. I am sure this will make you extremely popular with everybody, from now on.

Now you can all laugh your heads off, go on.

Status
Not open for further replies.