Due Diligence - Hilda System

I have been checking the broom hilda system out. I just don't see too many trades that get executed on the 15 min charts. It is rare to see everything line up jst like you need it to begin a trade.

FROM A COMPLETE NEWBIE TO OTHER NEWBIES.

Let me first say that I am in my forties and had never even heard of currency trading until seven weeks ago. I've never even gambled let alone made a single trade ......apart from one night in Kings Cross with a girl called Fifi, but that's a different matter.....
Anyway, I heard about Hilda and read Soul's blog every day for a while before taking the plunge and buying.
I want to tell all you newbies what happened next because it seems like the main crusade of this thread is to protect us newbies from Soul Trader. Although why some of the comments are so hateful beats me (Baruch did Soul kill your only child or what?).
So, what do you get with Hilda? You actually get 3 separate Hilda indicators on your template and several video's to watch. But you also get something priceless - day after day of advice, help, tips, answers, tuition, one on one training etc. etc.
Now remember that I was a complete newbie seven weeks ago. So I was asking dumb questions like "what is a moving average" and Soul would patiently take me through it.
Soul doesn't just concentrate on Hilda, he teaches hidden divergence, swing trading, everything relevant.
I have learned in a few weeks what usually takes a good year or two to achieve - without all those losing trades that build experience.
I can already trade happily on my own with just Hilda.
Soul is concentrating on the 1 min chart at the moment simply because if you can successfully trade that fast moving time frame then taking a 15 minute signal is a breeze.
So how am I doing I hear you ask? I've been trading "real" money for three weeks. On the higher time frames my best trade was 28 pips (I got nervous and came out early which was crazy because Hilda tells you when to get out). When the market isn't trending I can scalp probably 7 or 8 times a day picking up between 5 and 12 pips but also losing a couple by the same amount. I've never had a losing day yet.
I reckon when my confidence grows and I place larger stakes I will have paid off Hilda in around two more weeks.
But what I get long term is all the free personal help that I can ask for.

103 pips on gbp @1.7746 +2gmt-16:47 closed @1.7643 +gmt2-19:55 (low of trend was 1.7636)

First day implementing broom system, with other filters but still has foundation of original

Thanks for the input mike, having only heard one side it's good to hear some input from the other, yet many of what he teaches from what you said is accessible online, with patience and time

Last edited:
losing trade ???

can any explain me, y i lose on this trade ? still can't find y i lose it..

Attachments

• lose.jpg
    lose.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 628
dkny7007 said:

Here's my viewpoint:

The market was ranging (going sideways) at this point in time - look at the ma cross overs on the 5min chart. This system works best in a trending market where you are entering in pull backs on the trend. Also look at the 15 minute chart, all the indicators are showing a downward pull at this point. The other thing to keep an eye on is the larger timeframe. If you look at the 4 hour chart it is just at the end of an upward cycle on the osma at this point in time.

dkny7007 said:
first your 5 chart and 15 chart are not in agreement, therefore if your going of the trade of the 5 as your primary chart you must use it exactly as what a 5 chart is for scalping getting those few pips and closing your trade.

Elaboration:
Though your 5 chart osma closes higher compare it to your 15 charts osma, which closed lower.

Again with your jtpo indicator, you have a signal for 5 chart but once again your 15 chart is still showing a bearish trend.

I myself have never been much of a fan of the 50 cci, many rave about it just my opinion, though this is a system that uses rules but you must always use discretion, this isn't a mechanical trading system after all or is it?

And like mark pointed out it is not trending, rather ranging. Ranging=neither lower lows or higher highs

dkny7007 said:
Could be spiraling averages in time frame(no trade signal). Dont look so hard for trades. Nice reversal at 7:50 on 5 min chart that follows reversal rule.

WannaBeATrader said:
Could be spiraling averages in time frame(no trade signal). Dont look so hard for trades. Nice reversal at 7:50 on 5 min chart that follows reversal rule.
The word doc. that was circulated but was taken off shortly after mentioned this (got a summary on oanada board in case those who haven't seen it want to), spiraling=cabling=ranging market

Im assuming your yellow ma is your 34 (I dont use same values or same ma so sry for my lack thereof), I like to think of it not as cabling but if your 34 ema is flat do not trade unless it is a scalp trade.

Though your 5 chart isnt flat your 15 chart is, when comparing the two I think of the higher time frame chart as more accurate of how the market is behaving.

MikeWhisper said:
FROM A COMPLETE NEWBIE TO OTHER NEWBIES.

Let me first say that I am in my forties and had never even heard of currency trading until seven weeks ago. I've never even gambled let alone made a single trade ......apart from one night in Kings Cross with a girl called Fifi, but that's a different matter.....
Anyway, I heard about Hilda and read Soul's blog every day for a while before taking the plunge and buying.

This is not a reply to flame Soultrader, but rather to enquire why, after saying that he would only sell this system to experienced traders, did he sell it to a complete stranger to the forex market?

Interesting MikeWhisper but perhaps those thinking of buying HB would be better off trying Phil Newton's site. http://www.trading-strategies.info/

He used to post here and I am sure new traders would learn a lot more from him and would not have to pay an extortionate amount for it.

And if they want a "system", Jetheat sells one for £10 http://www.lentrica.co.uk/ and he has a forum for those that want to discuss the ins and outs of trading it. That would leave new traders about £2,000 better off than if they bought HB and probably in a better position to start trading.

Bigbusiness said:
Interesting MikeWhisper but perhaps those thinking of buying HB would be better off trying Phil Newton's site. http://www.trading-strategies.info/

He used to post here and I am sure new traders would learn a lot more from him and would not have to pay an extortionate amount for it.

And if they want a "system", Jetheat sells one for £10 http://www.lentrica.co.uk/ and he has a forum for those that want to discuss the ins and outs of trading it. That would leave new traders about £2,000 better off than if they bought HB and probably in a better position to start trading.

Yep...I'll second that plug for Phil's forum. The info on that site is gold, especially if you want to follow price action and ditch the myriad of indicators. The forum also benefits not only from Phil's input but also from some top class contributors that aren't shy in revealing & explaining how they trade. Well worth the $$'s.

rossdaboss said:
I'm anticipating graemenash's response

Well "rossdaboss" (nice name, how old are you? 9?) My reponse isn't overly relevant here but FWIW I think this thread is hilarious now. :LOL: :LOL:

A bunch of lazy, jealous failed traders spend half a thread criticising Soul for "ripping people off with his useless crap" and selling "snake oil". But now that you've got that snake oil for yourselves, you're all desperately trying to figure out how to use it! Hahahahaha.... I mean it's kinda sad really, but funny to watch... :rolleyes:

Carry on :cheesy:

Any nice profits?

Well all good to traders with trade hilda or something similiar i hope some of you will have balls to post account statements even demo...lol so far nobody.
And stop posting i made 100pips coz who cares show us all month at end.

Best Regards to all real traders with trade live and dont talk cheap.

graemnash

Suggest you use a screensaver, so if your parents come upstairs, they will not see you getting upset and excited by this thread.

I'd certainly agree with ForexHusky here. Let's see some hard evidence of the worth of the Hilda system.

I'm all for helping others hence I've always thought soultrader to be a bit greedy charging so much for something that as most of you have discovered is merely a few indicators and a system that has really been copied of the numerous CCI systems out there.

However.. for those of you asking for proof, do you not have the system for yourselves now? If you so believe that this is in fact the genuine hilda all it will take is a few hours of your time to just visually backtest this system or are you all too lazy? Please guys ... give it up. As I said, I don't mind helping other traders with my limited knowledge but ppl asking for free handouts? Gimme a break. There are countless threads starting of "EURUSD did this today .. is this usual?" or "If these pairs are correlated what woudl happen if ... " blah blah .... if you really wanna get ahead in this game ... put some damn effort into it. Or are you guys also asking bill gates for some charity money seeing as he's got so muhc of the stuff. Learn how to use a spreadsheet, import some data and do some analysis on it yerself. That's the only way you're going to learn ... not by copying someone else.

Microsoft ever so kindly posted the system .... the rest is up to you

graemenash it's about damn time you responded. What took you so long? I thought all this time you were working on your response. BTW I'm 23.

graemenash said:
Well "rossdaboss" (nice name, how old are you? 9?) My reponse isn't overly relevant here but FWIW I think this thread is hilarious now. :LOL: :LOL:

A bunch of lazy, jealous failed traders spend half a thread criticising Soul for "ripping people off with his useless crap" and selling "snake oil". But now that you've got that snake oil for yourselves, you're all desperately trying to figure out how to use it! Hahahahaha.... I mean it's kinda sad really, but funny to watch... :rolleyes:

Carry on :cheesy:
What's so hard? Basically just entering on a pullback in the direction of the trend. Nothing really out of the ordinary here. I think there are ways to simplify this system though and perhaps make it more profitable. Should just scrap the Jurik TPO and enter on the pullback to bollinger bands.