Dow Intraday Charts 9 Feb - 13 Feb

SteveChump - both of the moves that I believe you refer to, were breakouts from triangles- very often the third touch on the top line and 'take off'.....!

I trade them as above and so do many others, which accounts for the powerful reaction imho.........

ps - apologies for the 'off white' chart........ ;)

Attachments

• 10-02-04a.gif
    10-02-04a.gif
    19.7 KB · Views: 475
Yes, that makes sense, people queuing up for the breakout, and of course that would explain the subsequent blow off with people covering...too busy trying to construct a new system to look up and see the wood for the trees...nice little trades.

Cheers

CM - which bleach do you use..........?! :LOL:

what's that powder that "washes whiter"...... :cheesy:

ps- I'd have to wear sunglasses to work on a chart like that.... :cool:

Sorry, too much bleach..... did that one in paint shop pro by splitting image to C+M+Y+K
Looks ok now.

Too white. prefer the grey. Buy a laser printer. no problems here with printouts.

CM - why did u start experimenting with colours, pls tell me m8? :) the way it used 2 b all along was quite nice imo

Don't panick- I'm trying to get TradeSmart's charts so that they can be included in the weekly summary and will print out.Mine will stay the same. :cheesy:
CM

Perhaps I should issue a 9 point warning to TS for blatant colour prejudice...We'll get there.....
Still movin up this mini channel.Didn't want to break the T/L. :(

Attachments

• dow 10-02-04 10.gif
    dow 10-02-04 10.gif
    41.3 KB · Views: 452
Pick your way out of that one.:( Just a few moves of 20+ and that's it and catching the news was barely worth it.The blow off bottom wasn't too hard to catch, but I was surprised at the lack of recovery speed.Easy to spot the Inv H&S failure as the second 597 neckline failed to make it higher.
T1 made it, just...

Attachments

• dow 10-02-04 1.gif
    dow 10-02-04 1.gif
    27.7 KB · Views: 472
Interesting link.Can't say how much credence I put in it. The American market is an awfully big beast to feed if govt. intervention was desireable.

I wonder if anyone has ever reasearched the possibility. That is, are there say a number (possibly few) stocks that if given a nudge would create a disproportionately large amount of momentum.
A type of 'snowball' effect. Anyone know of any work done in this area ?

I remain suspicious of the 'miraculous' appearance of momentum when I can see precious little fundamental support for such an event either in terms of earnings/yields , or generally other 'good' news. Where such momentum comes from I care not. I do however care if it's only there to create a squeeze.

As an example, I am unimpressed by the pre xmas surge that brought us to this point, and judging by the amount of churning so are a lot of other people.
Cheers

they intervene everyday:-

"To implement monetary policy, short-term repurchase and reverse repurchase agreements are used to temporarily affect the size of the Federal Reserve System's portfolio and influence day-to-day trading in the federal funds market."

Hiya folks

Not read these thread for a long time and usually just scroll down for CM's bits due to a variety of reasons and time constraints.

I read last week thread with keen interest. There is a wealth of knowledge and helpful traders here.

I salute you all new or veteran traders.

Newtron Bomb

NB - as a result of yesterday's educational dialogue - I am now 'up to speed' (nearly) with chart colour schemes.......

YOU WILL NOTICE THE DIFFERENCE.........!!! :eek:

Regards and Good Health to you....

CM,
I don't know what you will make from the seminar coming up,but I hope it's substantial. If I wasn't such a tight Yorkshireman I would pay the seminar fee regardless of attendance.

I have pored through what must be weeks maybe months of your time spent on posts, and I could now trade the Dow cash according to a system and be well in the money.

I ALMOST feel guilty sucking your experience /skill that way.

For any would be critiques of the above seminar "the labourer is worthy of his hire". As a footnote for any who disagree with my view save us both the time and post on something we could agree on.

Cheers

"Are you suggesting that mysterious forces are at work manipulating prices in the market with funds supplied by the Fed."

Well that was a piece of good luck and fortuitous momentum on the Dow...how about a pint on a double top blow off. Some nice reports out tomorrow in the US that could take the blame

Cheers

A nice example of the 'Greenspan flip-flop' today in it's classic, and, I hope, tradeable form........ :D

The first spike up indicates true direction/then a 'fake' pull back/then up,up and away and 10700 is in the sights again....

(not my idea btw - this phenomena has been reported by Tom Hoogaard previously......)

ps - hope the chart is 'all white now'! ;) - the black background from my trading screen is more effective imho, but I defer to the judgement/requirements of others....... :confused:

Attachments

• 11-02-04.gif
    11-02-04.gif
    10.8 KB · Views: 435
You've just seen a 3rd and we are now in a 4th correction I think.

For non wavers it's a ledge...think that's 6 - 10 bars on my 5 min chart

Cheers