Dow Intraday Charts 17 May - 21 May

CM,

Just a quick question if i may. Do you play the 2 peak divergences of 32 and 64?

Finirama said:
CM,

Just a quick question if i may. Do you play the 2 peak divergences of 32 and 64?
It's always worth paying close attention around 32 and 64. Not just for divergences. It's a common decision point. If there's divergence around 32/64, chances are it's worth taking (open or close). Today's action showed that, as well as RSI being O/S O/B.

Futs. up 60 ish..........!*!.......... :-0

I was gonna pitch my Dow Comp entry for this week at 10K ..........honest....!?!....... ;)

Attachments

• 21-05-04.gif
    21-05-04.gif
    16.3 KB · Views: 203
Excellent call Finirama - should we address you as 'Mystic Meg' from now on.....!?! :cheesy:

If you start a 'follow my trades' thread I'll be taking it very seriously........ ;)

Regards

Lend us a fiver, then.... pity it didn't make 100. :( Puts thoughts of channel failure in my mind.

Yes CM, it looks like the smart money is on the short side just now - every time it's 'up' the sellers pile in and drive it down........

Bearish but friendly if you're on the right side......... :)

Attachments

• bear-friend.jpg
    bear-friend.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 219
Just holding onto support into the close, but I'm not convinced the low will hold. Two channels of thought ( no pun intended). One - resistance failed to touch, so flag theory says it will fail. Two - triangle formation will give us a 150 point move on the break. There's a 70 point window to tell us which way it will go......Could end up a nice opportunity which ever way it goes.

Attachments

• dow 21-05-04 10.gif
    dow 21-05-04 10.gif
    33.2 KB · Views: 215
Interesting open.... Always risky jumping on an open PD. Take a closer look today , that provided a good opportunity a short while later. The PD should have got you aware of the possibility of a turn, even though it was short on time ( 20 mins). It was a bull flag too, which broke, broke the 100mA, pulled back to the 100MA, AND 9964 - perfect long entry, just 11 points off the bottom. The exit wasn't too hard either, giving an ND top, along with a fail to break 32. IF you missed that, and rode the 20 point pullback, your second chance came as the top rolled over at 30. Your LAST chance out. ( three strikes and you lose!)
At this point, 10010 was support. As that failed,under the 100MA, and pulled back, it should have signalled a short...... Riding the bear flag was easy, with 10 point swings, and that should have given you T1. The double bottom at 9941and double divergence should have signalled a cover. Why hold till the second bounce? Well, T1 was met in a single move, showing strength. The move could easily have continued to 9917 ( pullback to 57, minus 40), so well worth the risk in waiting. Also, from such a steep drop, it's unlikely thet the move will fly back up.... except when it's news driven.....

Attachments

• dow 21-05-04 1.gif
    dow 21-05-04 1.gif
    24.8 KB · Views: 230
Looks like it's trying to form some sort of base, but at the mo. it's stuck in a range of c. 200 pts
9900 to 10,100

We could have another leg down or up to 10,370- imho .Some of the indicators suggest an upward thrust- so we'll have to wait & see which way it breaks.

Attachments

• US_30.gif
    US_30.gif
    32.3 KB · Views: 224
  • US_30_1.gif
    US_30_1.gif
    19.2 KB · Views: 242
It is said that the ftse likes to close its gaps does the dow like to do the same?

I am particularly referring to the opening gaps

Regards

bracke