Dow Intraday charts 01/12 05/12

nice spot Q - just as well I'm still short !

gotta go - am leaving stop in place and a take profit at 9820.

cm can i have some advise please on how to distinguish a botton with volume on es. what i can see sometimes is that there is a spike of sellers, i am not sure where to do the divergence as before the spike there may be varying amounts of volume

CMC all working here. Be careful could rebound back to 9900 or fall further to 9800

Three peak PD bottom at around 9850 - covered my short from 9890 and now long (and now see it really tank...?! :eek: )

Just come back to my screen - things not looking so good. Agree with Q stop set at 9840 and fingers crossed...

Yes, 9840ish has been support before, and might be tested yet..!

seems a tad reluctant to take off from the 9850 range....... :confused:

Last edited:
Well done Mom - a 'long' now beckons imho!

(but don't take this as 'investment' advice :cheesy: )

Looks as if it could be forming a saucer - If it wasn't Friday I might even add some at this point ... (still bullish for 10k)

Quercus

You are from New Zealand? It must be early in the morning. Your lucky you get to trade on a Saturday.

Yeah right - been up at 3.30am every day from Tues and watched the screen till at least 9.30 each day! You guys have got it great - nice lie in and trade till it's time for a pint of amber nectar, which by the way is dreadful down here!
Tick now looking good having just touched 800.
Q

Q - Out of curiosity do you physically enter stops while your watching the market or keep 'mental' stop and cut loose when its reached?

Mental - and I've just gone MENTAL and stopped myself out at 9845 - good luck to all and have a good w/e. That's me done for the week.
Cheers
Q

Cheers, still hoping for a bounce - put my stop at 9835 and off to the pub. Good luck all...