Dow Intraday charts 10/May - 14/May

One Eyed Shark

257 13
Nice to see a few posts on this thread again and nice to see some decent moves on the Dow too.

Have been trading the EUR and Russell for the last couple of months, have found the Dow a little too rangebound and unpredictable, though hopefully looks like normal service may have been resumed.

20 point stops !!!!..... I run with 8 points on the YM and even then I feel a bit faint if that gets hit :cheesy:

Hopefully today was just a case of catching breath for some nice trades tommorrow.

ChartMan

Legendary member
5,580 46
Inv H&S to contend with now. I thought 64 might break and be away, but no such luck...

Attachments

• dow 13-05-04 10.gif
    dow 13-05-04 10.gif
    26.9 KB · Views: 194

ChartMan

Legendary member
5,580 46
Tricky start... but a couple of possible long entries...The Inv H&S or the following pullback to 9983 hor support,and then a nice breakout. Not what one would call a triangle, but broke out as if it was, and met the target of T1. The surprise ( caught me) was the short ND top around 064. That should have rung alarm bells but I heard nothing, but as 60 went ,it became painfully obvious that a reversal was required..... At least the PD out at RSI O/S was a much easier out.....

Attachments

• dow 13-05-04 1.gif
    dow 13-05-04 1.gif
    25.5 KB · Views: 213

melsmail

24 0
Hi All
Is that a H/S on the 5 min chart 10025 breaks 10105 target. Been caught out before with these would value second opinion Cheers Mel

tradesmart

Experienced member
1,286 22
Damned fine couple of days for H&S (normal and inverse) and fibonnaci enthusiasts and maybe flag spotters have reason to get excited as well……. ;)

Those with Dow comp entries around 10160 may have reason for quiet optimism….(or have I mentioned it 2hrs too soon…..?!...... :confused: )

Attachments

• 14-05-04.gif
    14-05-04.gif
    13.7 KB · Views: 159

melsmail

24 0
Was just going to say not to sure about this then it pops up. I have a habit of closing to soon but with it being Friday I dont think I would want to hold over a week end. Still I dont think like the Americans. Going to hold on with trailing stop.

ChartMan

Legendary member
5,580 46
Yep, 2 hrs too soon.... Still dribbling around trying to resolve the Inv. H&S. Reasonable channel with room to get to 100...

Attachments

• dow 14-05-04 10.gif
    dow 14-05-04 10.gif
    36.5 KB · Views: 151

ChartMan

Legendary member
5,580 46
Another day of plays on 32 and 64, but not an easy day.....

Attachments

• dow 14-05-04 1.gif
    dow 14-05-04 1.gif
    69.4 KB · Views: 176

melsmail

24 0
As my school report used to say "can do better" .I was a bit slow spotting the N/D that ended 19.14 ish cost me a few points. Still hope to get them back Monday. The bias by the S/B boys takes its toll to, as well as them working on the futures. Any ideas how this can be offset. H

Last edited:

neil

Legendary member
5,167 748
Can do better...

melsmail said:
As my school report used to say "can do better" .I was a bit slow spotting the N/D that ended 19.14 ish cost me a few points. Still hope to get them back Monday. The bias by the S/B boys takes its toll to, as well as them working on the futures. Any ideas how this can be offset. H

Trade YM direct via the likes of IB

ChartMan

Legendary member
5,580 46
The only way is to take a gamble on your entry. Go long as the price is still going down.... but then if it goes down another 10 or 20 points, you're no better off. Stick to safe entries and make use of targets and ND tops etc. to maximise your trades.You either live with it, or switch to direct access as Neil says.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock