Dow 2006

Hang Seng & Nikkei both very bullish during the night session. Everything is on track for the FTSE to open strong resulting in a nice little rally of the Dow to 12500. If traders are holding onto economic fundamentals as the factor to turn the trend in this market after absorbing the recent PPI, CPI data, not to mention crude with its longstanding $60+ value, OPEC production cuts and the disappearance of M3 data from the imperial vortex itself, then you must be short of a textbook solution or two! Is it remotely possible we could still be in a bull market!?

HSI about to correct a longterm uptrend

what else ?

Attachments

• Hsi.gif
    Hsi.gif
    6.7 KB · Views: 205
Atilla said:
save housing and the retarded economy?

I keep hearing Uncle Ben is hawkish on inflation. Actions speak louder than words, and so the $ continues it's decline.

I'm saving my funds for early next year we are going to have some significant correction. I haven't got the bulls to go long in this markets...

Yes - judging by the decline in the dollar yday, even with the PPI fig (should be signalling higher rates).. the MARKET obviously thinks the slowdown in economy will be a more important factor and that rates will fall..hence the rally in the equity markets - same ole story - liquidity.

still the same position for me looking for profit target later today/early tomorrow then take time off into new year non of this late santa rally stuff

catracho said:
Yes - judging by the decline in the dollar yday, even with the PPI fig (should be signalling higher rates).. the MARKET obviously thinks the slowdown in economy will be a more important factor and that rates will fall..hence the rally in the equity markets - same ole story - liquidity.

Yes true but wasn't this the view last month? To me the PPI confirm the view on inflation including the core rate are still rising despite housing slow down. The US is avoiding...

1. BoP defecit - interest rate rises
2. Budget defecit - tax rises

Markets are stimulated like never before. Acquisitions and Mergers don't produce anything. They have to account for BIG FAT PRODUCTIVITY gains to knock inflation on the head - Not to mention hyped up traders bonuses too.

But hey let's blame the Chineese instead it's politically easier and makes us look gooood, yeah baby. We'll just sweep Iraq under the white house carpets whilst we have little bit of office to run.

If Uncle Ben does nothing but hope, then people will gradually dump the dollar switch assets and US will lose credibility. Markets will pay one way or another - sooner or later.

I'm bidding my time and money waiting for that opportune moment... :cheesy:

Hi,
to all the Bears and Bulls on this Index ( DOW ) .
I only trade it on my own Indicator ( Tech / Analysis only ) so I do not listen to the noise, I just trust my Indicator and use good money management and never use more than 50% of my available capital with regards Margin and Stop Loss combined.
At present I have a target of 12,606 futures price for the DOW based on my Indicator.
This is my current analysis for the next 21 trading days so I do not think we will see the target before Christmas , but who knows, only the Market will decide on how fast it wants to move.

Please remember this is not trading advice to anyone , and I am not trying to Ramp the View on the Dow or to upset the Bears.
Have a very Happy Christmas to all traders on this thread .
My Best Regards

closed my dow long yesterday evening, flat at the moment, will trade only if I see a clear setup, I would sell an emotional high spike with a tight stop loss, otherwise I plan to do a lot of DIY between Christmas and New Year.

Looking at the Dow stocks many are rampant ........ and even old soldiers like ...GE and Microsoft are joining the party........ Don't know what this means but stocks are more important than Dow trading wise from here on in..........

If Msft blows $30 we could be on the way to $36 next year.........poss $40(+33%)
Yep that's 600-1000 luvly points!
If it stumbles first then downside looks shallow.

mark twain uk said:
closed my dow long yesterday evening, flat at the moment, will trade only if I see a clear setup, I would sell an emotional high spike with a tight stop loss, otherwise I plan to do a lot of DIY between Christmas and New Year.

The DOW is at the peak of it's long term trend and short term trends as displayed by the Standard Err Channels ( where 95% of all price movement should lie)...

Considering the long term trend is one from 2003 this is a well established trend.

The second trend is from around July August so you can decide it's significance.

I can't help feeling people will sell and go off to have a nice xmas holiday. However, I thought this about thanks giving day and that sell off never materialised.

To go long on the DOW now in my view is :devilish:

Enjoy what you do...

Attachments

• US30-20Dec.jpg
    US30-20Dec.jpg
    354.9 KB · Views: 223
Its another new trading day today bringing with it new trading opportunties whether that be buying the dips or selling the tops. Bullish move to 12500 expected today.

Silvertip said:
Its another new trading day today bringing with it new trading opportunties whether that be buying the dips or selling the tops. Bullish move to 12500 expected today.

Yep, fully expectin 12,500...the big Q is....what next....a good day in store (esp with important figs looming Thurs/Fri)

Bullish buy signal based on momentum indicator with a trailing stop of 10 pips hit at 12483, only 16 points gained but better than nothing I suppose. Dow ends the day having accumulated another 9 points and creeping closer to 12500 and still sitting just below all time high and no sign of weakness to suggest a change of strategy. Quite a slow day today with few trading opportunities to write home about. With limited volatility there aint a great deal you can achieve intra day.

Last edited:
Quiet Asian session during last night following on from UK/US yesterday. Daily data today includes GDP, Personal Consumption and Initial Jobless Claims all out at 13.30. I anticipate this data may provide some much needed volatility after yesterdays rather dour affair.

not as many points as anticipated from my trade still looking to close early doors around the 500 mark will do me then take some time off from trading

No big suprises with latest economic release.

GDP Expected 2.2% Actual 2.0%

Initial Jobless Claims Expected 315k Actual 315k.

Silvertip said:
No big suprises with latest economic release.

GDP Expected 2.2% Actual 2.0%

Initial Jobless Claims Expected 315k Actual 315k.

Yep, same old bad news with no good news.

Looking at the hourly & daily charts I see a divergence with the MACD & RSI & Price movement.

I was expecting the S&P to touch 1450 too but I'm not sure it's going to make it past 1430 which it seems to be struggling with.

I can't see much upside but a lot of downside.

The end is nigh... :!: