Dow 2006

Silvertip said:
Another shakeout underway today, all the weak longs will be closing here. My biggest concern at this time is if the thread is going to hit 360 pages right on the nose by 31st December? 27 pages to go with 13 days remaining, ya never know !

HI ST,

Are you therefore (maybe) implying that more shorts will be initialised? Lots more shorts!!!!!! :LOL:

cheers -Tricks

Silvertip said:
More buyers, leave it to the BIGDOW25 boys !

I have been trading for several years ST, but what on earth is BIGDOW25?

cheers mate - Tricks

P.S. I'm currently £20 pt short on the DOW futures and I'm serious! I've also been there many times before and got stung! You pay your money and you take your chance.

Last edited:
mark twain uk said:
I am only hoping for a pull back, but with my luck, I will not see it before I am cleaned out. It hurts when you see the consequences of your stupid actions.

It could have been worse, mark.....it could be my money you lost! :LOL: Ruthless, isn't it? :devilish: That's what you need to become! :cool:

darkwanderer said:
It could have been worse, mark.....it could be my money you lost! :LOL: Ruthless, isn't it? :devilish: That's what you need to become! :cool:

hehe...My brother trades the Dow at £80 per point and has never attempted to learn the first thing about trading. All trades are based on luck!! im not kidding.

DC2000
Its not just Mark that needs help. If the truth is known the true figure is over 80%! :rolleyes:
In the long run over 90% will bust account and some will bust 2 accounts!

Happy trading! :(

O69

dc2000 said:
looks like there's only mark that needs some help :eek:

I said earlier, that my losses resulting from the past couple of weeks short trading are starting to get chunky, but I don't need anyone's help!

I've traded mkts in one way or another for over 13 years....there have been highs & lows (from a profit/loss perspective)...this is a rough patch, that's all - simply a rough patch.

RE the way the big swinging dicks are spinning the news flow of late - well, you can dress a pig up in a frilly dress, but at the end of the day it's just a pig in a frilly dress!

Silvertip said:
PPI NOV 2.0

No significant market changes after latest US economic data release.

No but something's happening..........we could have a game on our hands as they say .........Hopefully... :D

Festive Calender:

No trading between 23-26th December.

Return date; Wednesday 27th December.

No trading 30th December-1st January.

Return date; Tuesday 2nd January.

Last edited:
now what was that old catch phrase

"Come on down the price is right" well almost

lol...would be nice to know what he's on about half the time. I was looking for more downside but if all the space talk is to do with 'lift-off' / rally? i better think about changing my ideas?

covering half for a small profit in case that's what DC is on about.

Amazing what a good night's sleep, a jog at 6:30 am and a flat position can do to clear the mind, I did a quick scalp on the long side, 40 pips from 1415 to 1419 spx cash, I am also long dow from 12,400 cash with a S/L at B/E, so that's me almost done for today.

Thank you for the messages of support, I was not looking for a shoulder to cry on, but posting my thoughts for the benefit of less experienced traders.

mark twain uk said:
Amazing what a good night's sleep, a jog at 6:30 am and a flat position can do to clear the mind, I did a quick scalp on the long side, 40 pips from 1415 to 1419 spx cash, I am also long dow from 12,400 cash with a S/L at B/E, so that's me almost done for today.

Thank you for the messages of support, I was not looking for a shoulder to cry on, but posting my thoughts for the benefit of less experienced traders.

Hi Mark,

It's always nice to read someone else's mind especially that of a fellow trader! Trading DOW is like riding on a rodeo bull. I have traded nothing but DOW for one whole year for full time and this is my reflection. Lately, I find better environment in Cable and individual NDQ stocks. It doesn't mean they are easier to trade but it suits my style, I am sincerely sharing my own experience. regards,..

You gotta admire the Dow....the related news flow today sucked (PPI, Housing Starts, Thai Bourse)....yet even after going up exponentially over the past few weeks, after such negative news, the dip buyers turn up & reverse another 40 odd point loss! Unbelievable.

Musn't grumble though...I did spank the FTSE & DAX today big time today.

Last edited: