Doomy's back and he's about to butthurt the AUD/USD

Long £20 a point from 8795, stop at 8745.. was this the bottom of the AUD downtriend? :clover:

Morning Doomberg

You posted this 6 days ago

First point - this was a good call

Repeat this was a good call

As of now you would have made now approx 90 pips with a RR of nearly 2.

Unfortunately - because it was against the main trend etc - you got cr*p from all and sundry.

To make it worse you then increased the lot size -not by just double but in the end over eight fold

I would say that was very very risky - especially the way you did it etc

Now you have been stopped out and its a shame and I feel sorry for you - because

Your original call was - good - and dont forget that

And more importantly - all the other traders playing safe - ie with the trend and and following all the analysts etc etc

They were wrong :)

Regards

F

You'll get 'em next time, champ. Maybe you're due some good luck.

My dad used to trade the Dow with deal4free at £200 per point.
Regularly made (and lost) 30k per day! He must be about at mad as you!

Yeah i'm ok guys, my brain felt slightly numb just after so i just lay on my couch with my eyes closed for a few hours... i had an idea the surge was going to happen but i just got too greedy and moved my stops very tight thinking 8800 would be strong but of course before the surge happened the sharks came in to bum us all to death. Anyway before anyone feels too sorry for me it was money i could afford to lose, yeah it still hurts but it's not a problem.

And Forexmospherian RE my initial call, thanks for pointing that out, yeah i'm usually right with my calls but 2 things happen, i get greedy and move my stops, or i'm just too soon... this one was a little but of both, but thanks for the support as everyone else was saying it was going down etc.

But anyway, putting the negatives aside, what a rush :clap:

Im glad you got you got stopped out mate, because something much worse might have happened. You might have not got stopped out and gone on to take your 8k, and come away thinking youd done something right!
Seriously, your having sleepless nights at 40 yet you manage accumulate 175, but its all ok because youve wound your stops up!!:eek:
If you seriously want to make some money trading get yourself to a mind shop, and get to the bottom of whats behind this "I goto fade the weekly, with 4x too much size, with knatscock stops, and tell everybody about it!" behavior.
Its bollox!

hatersgonnahate2-9.jpg

My night wasn't sleepless at £40 a pip for any other reason than i keep waking up in anticipation to check my iPhone that was next to my pillow. And later on in the trade when i was up to £175pp had i not been stopped a minute before the surge and i did bag the 8k, i'd of withdrew it instantly and put it towards other investments that i know are sure things. And about " 4x too much size, with knatscock stops, and tell everybody about it!" I'm an entertainer, and even if you didn't... i hope some others enjoyed the thread.

Last edited:
Morning Doomberg

Unfortunately - because it was against the main trend etc - you got cr*p from all and sundry.

To make it worse you then increased the lot size -not by just double but in the end over eight fold

Now you have been stopped out and its a shame and I feel sorry for you - because

And more importantly - all the other traders playing safe - ie with the trend and and following all the analysts etc etc

Regards

F

No mention of you encouraging him to trade a stagnant tight range ahead of
a news release with low volume?

If we are talking wrong:

Called a long, price then falls 25 points straight away.
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...es-about-butthurt-aud-usd-12.html#post2262394

Upside bias (ignoring previous failed attempts at resistance levels),
20 mins later it falls a max of 50 points.
Never more than 15 points onside of your long level.
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...hes-about-butthurt-aud-usd-5.html#post2261658

I mentioned that resistance here:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...hes-about-butthurt-aud-usd-5.html#post2261650

And called the end of the move:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...hes-about-butthurt-aud-usd-5.html#post2261726

Simple fact is you should not have been encouraging him to trade
a sh1tty range ahead of release when it was obviously ranging pre-release.

If it wasn't for this thread, I can't help but wonder if he would have still
been at that size, at that time, pre-release.
Somehow I doubt it...

Being right or wrong is worthless if you are trading at the wrong time of day
with no risk control.

No mention of you encouraging him to trade a stagnant tight range ahead of
a news release with low volume?

If we are talking wrong:

Called a long, price then falls 25 points straight away.
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...es-about-butthurt-aud-usd-12.html#post2262394

Upside bias (ignoring previous failed attempts at resistance levels),
20 mins later it falls a max of 50 points.
Never more than 15 points onside of your long level.
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...hes-about-butthurt-aud-usd-5.html#post2261658

I mentioned that resistance here:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...hes-about-butthurt-aud-usd-5.html#post2261650

And called the end of the move:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...hes-about-butthurt-aud-usd-5.html#post2261726

Simple fact is you should not have been encouraging him to trade
a sh1tty range ahead of release when it was obviously ranging pre-release.

If it wasn't for this thread, I can't help but wonder if he would have still
been at that size, at that time, pre-release.
Somehow I doubt it...

Being right or wrong is worthless if you are trading at the wrong time of day
with no risk control.

Would agree with you - being right or wrong is of no use - at all - if you don't gain from it - by making money in this case.

Unfortunately Dooms did not make money out of what he did - but if he had stuck to his original forecast he made 6 days ago - he would have been very happy this morning.

Instead all the goal posts change - which I think he did himself - ie - increased his stake sizes and played around with his stops - but did not stay with them and set them in stone

With regards to no volumes etc prior to the news - I would agree hardly encouraging to take new orders on larger stakes - but the AU movements did keep to normal TA rules and it was certainly possible to short term intraday trade quite easily

I appreciate Doomberg is not a short term trader and so he needed to stick with his own method

For me - I actually scalp bought above 8802 - as it was a scalp buy with 98 being the stop.

I then commented under 8114 was a scalp sell - with other trades possible in between

Finally and most importantly - I said at approx 11.00am last night -

Old YESTERDAY, 10:55PM #86
Forexmospherian

4,199 Posts
Joined Oct 2013
Coming up to 11.00 pm and update as not waiting up for the 12.30am Inflation data news

It should stay under 8810 now - so can you let it bounce and sell it like mad ;-)

I suppose its all going to be set up for the news - as perfect excuse.

If it is going to be a sell off after news - i thought they would try higher first.

Similar if he market is trying to get bears in prior to news - could that be the opposite set up - for good data to then bounce it up over 8840+

That to me would be gambling time - trading that news prior to the release

To keep all guessing - price should stay above 8780 now and just range up to 8800 - to tease all and sundry

Anyway - its all history now and i did not make money out of the main rise - and i was fast asleep in bed - dreaming of Lola :)

Regards

F

Would agree with you - being right or wrong is of no use - at all - if you don't gain from it - by making money in this case.

Unfortunately Dooms did not make money out of what he did - but if he had stuck to his original forecast he made 6 days ago - he would have been very happy this morning.

Instead all the goal posts change - which I think he did himself - ie - increased his stake sizes and played around with his stops - but did not stay with them and set them in stone

With regards to no volumes etc prior to the news - I would agree hardly encouraging to take new orders on larger stakes - but the AU movements did keep to normal TA rules and it was certainly possible to short term intraday trade quite easily

I appreciate Doomberg is not a short term trader and so he needed to stick with his own method

For me - I actually scalp bought above 8802 - as it was a scalp buy with 98 being the stop.

I then commented under 8114 was a scalp sell - with other trades possible in between

Finally and most importantly - I said at approx 11.00am last night -

Old YESTERDAY, 10:55PM #86
Forexmospherian

4,199 Posts
Joined Oct 2013
Coming up to 11.00 pm and update as not waiting up for the 12.30am Inflation data news

It should stay under 8810 now - so can you let it bounce and sell it like mad ;-)

I suppose its all going to be set up for the news - as perfect excuse.

If it is going to be a sell off after news - i thought they would try higher first.

Similar if he market is trying to get bears in prior to news - could that be the opposite set up - for good data to then bounce it up over 8840+

That to me would be gambling time - trading that news prior to the release

To keep all guessing - price should stay above 8780 now and just range up to 8800 - to tease all and sundry

Anyway - its all history now and i did not make money out of the main rise - and i was fast asleep in bed - dreaming of Lola :)

Regards

F

Yeah not everything you said was wrong.
To be fair you did mention a few times about not trading pre-release,
then later on changed that.

I'm not having a pop for the sake of it.
I don't think you are a vendor in waiting or anything.

The point I am highlighting is the dangers of not emphasising the risks
well enough and commentating based on your own trade style,
which doom clearly was not initially using.

Thats all I'm saying.
Bear in mind the dangers of people listening to what you say.
TBH that is why I rarely comment on price related stuff, for this
very reason.

I only ever do so to urge caution when the risk looks excessive.

I used to post on a few UK stock forums a good few years ago now,
I stopped this type of posting when I became aware that some people
were taking it as more than just another worthless opinion.

Hopefully you can see where I am coming from.
For me at least, that is the root cause of posts like this.
I've read too many horror stories of people doing dumb stuff like
going all in or with too high a risk, based on what someone on a forum said...

Yeah not everything you said was wrong.
To be fair you did mention a few times about not trading pre-release,
then later on changed that.

I'm not having a pop for the sake of it.
I don't think you are a vendor in waiting or anything.

The point I am highlighting is the dangers of not emphasising the risks
well enough and commentating based on your own trade style,
which doom clearly was not initially using.

Thats all I'm saying.
Bear in mind the dangers of people listening to what you say.
TBH that is why I rarely comment on price related stuff, for this
very reason.

I only ever do so to urge caution when the risk looks excessive.

I used to post on a few UK stock forums a good few years ago now,
I stopped this type of posting when I became aware that some people
were taking it as more than just another worthless opinion.

Hopefully you can see where I am coming from.
For me at least, that is the root cause of posts like this.
I've read too many horror stories of people doing dumb stuff like
going all in or with too high a risk, based on what someone on a forum said...

Hi LV

Yes you correct - and I can see where you are coming from as some newbie traders who think - yes he's got it correct a couple of times etc - I will load up my stake to as much as possible on his next call and then ................ wtf - he got it wrong and I have just lost half my account

I am going to emphasise that again in my daily thread - as I just hope nobody does that following me - and also about the 2% max stake size - along with the fact - that even if a trader calls 10 or 20 calls correct in a row - the next 1 or even 3 could be totally wrong

I know you can trade extremely well etc and so will always take note from other experienced traders - I might not agree with everyone - but I am the first to hold my hands up if I think - you should not do that .

Have a good day - and now looking forward to Dooms next AU plan

Regards

F

Hi LV

Yes you correct - and I can see where you are coming from as some newbie traders who think - yes he's got it correct a couple of times etc - I will load up my stake to as much as possible on his next call and then ................ wtf - he got it wrong and I have just lost half my account

I am going to emphasise that again in my daily thread - as I just hope nobody does that following me - and also about the 2% max stake size - along with the fact - that even if a trader calls 10 or 20 calls correct in a row - the next 1 or even 3 could be totally wrong

I know you can trade extremely well etc and so will always take note from other experienced traders - I might not agree with everyone - but I am the first to hold my hands up if I think - you should not do that .

Have a good day - and now looking forward to Dooms next AU plan

Regards

F

Fair enough, can't argue with that :)

hatersgonnahate2-9.jpg

My night wasn't sleepless at £40 a pip for any other reason than i keep waking up in anticipation to check my iPhone that was next to my pillow. And later on in the trade when i was up to £175pp had i not been stopped a minute before the surge and i did bag the 8k, i'd of withdrew it instantly and put it towards other investments that i know are sure things. And about " 4x too much size, with knatscock stops, and tell everybody about it!" I'm an entertainer, and even if you didn't... i hope some others enjoyed the thread.
Im not hating Doom, im trying to help. You remind me of me about 8 years ago so i can personally relate to a lot of what you post.
If the losses mean nothing to you, ok.
Doing it for thrills and likes (perhaps a bit of sympathy) on T2W, ok.
If youre actually trying to make money doing this then what you doin is 'tough going'. imo

Morning Doomberg

Regards

F

How was his call correct? He was looking for 1000 pips. The most he could have possibly made was 90 pips. Just because he COULD have made a few pips compared to his target doesn't make his call correct. Also, I've traded the trend for the past 500 pips or so (small trades at a time). If you're saying that I'm one of the ones that was wrong becasue I pointed out the trend with a chart and explanation then I'd much rather be MY wrong than HIS right. You are looking at the small picture while Doomy was looking at a big payday.

Again, I'm not concerned about his incorrect call. Every trader gets it wrong many times. It's what he did after the initial entry that killed him.

Peter

ADDED: Doomy, I'm not hating either. I am just trying to be helpful. :)

Last edited:
Long £20 a point from 8795, stop at 8745.. was this the bottom of the AUD downtriend? :clover:

Hi Peter

This is the part which was correct in my mind ( in bold)

At that point he had not said his target etc - and he had not talked about doubling or eight folding his stake size ;-)

He did also question - ie this the bottom of the AU downtrend with a question mark - and the jury is out on that one - although for the last 6 days he has been correct again

With regards to the ones being wrong - i am talking general - ie 80% + of all traders would be saying - no don't buy - only sell - even when he was just at £20 per pip

The fact that Dooms then gave a 1000 pip target and went up to £150 per pip total was not discussed in his first post - and if it had have been I would have totally agreed with you - a different ball game - and then he would not be correct at all

Have a good day

Regards

F

Can i just clarify Pete that when i say my stop is 20p and my target is 1000,

This is always just humour, i'm not dumb... anyway i thought you were my fwiend -.-