Deleted threads

Yes as far as vendors are concerned nothing should be done to discourage the idiotic get rich quick newbies. Who else are they going to sell to? The Leopard?

:LOL: Oh, I forgot to mention the other deletions - those which are clear ads, promos or hooks - you don't see most of those before they are deleted since we're so quick off the mark ( I wish :LOL:) 'bout a dozen of those today.

:LOL: Oh, I forgot to mention the other deletions - those which are clear ads, promos or hooks - you don't see most of those before they are deleted since we're so quick off the mark ( I wish :LOL:) 'bout a dozen of those today.

What, more Australians? When will it ever end?

complete rubbish imo, until you provide examples. the new members who get stick are ones that either:

~ are lazy. These fit into two common types: 1. lazy with zero initiative: asking a question "what is a future?" which would be more easily asked & better answered using google; 2. looking for a heads up on an imminent punt/easy money - "which way is the FTSE going...up or down?". Both 1)s & 2)s neither have the capacity nor the desire to trade. (examples: Take your pick).
~ think they are dogs knackers after 2 days demo trading. (Aster1).
~ regurgitate nonsense frequently (Marooh).
~ are vendors (Take your pick).

Would a new member have posted on BMT forum a thread stating how rich they will be in 2 years from now having never traded before? Maybe theres a rule about new members posting crap over there, perhaps?

Any new member who has asked a question of late which is fairly reasonable (ie they have put some thought into it (and thats not subjective - eg its a genuine q & its obvious they have done some work etc etc), is dived on by every senior member around who wants to share their 'wisdom'....cos its so rare, and refreshing.

New members are in fact much more a curse imo - there are so many posting one sentence posts which have no relevance / something so inane / already stated previously....its a waste of time reading it, often they bump v old threads (only v occasionally is the old thread good). wouldn't surprise me if these members are t2w bots.

Of course these new members are potentially new customers for you.

Thank you for proving my point.

I only give grief to newbies that deserve it ......

If they are genuine (and not fishing) then to simply join and then post a thread like .....

Greetings all

I know nothing about Trading - Please tell me how to trade

or other inane and unresearched questions (read the beginners to T2W stuff perhaps first ?)

Sorry - but then they deserve it !
N

we need to get some rules around protecting genuine newbies (and isolating the cruddy new stuff) as we have lots of lurkers to scared to jump in

N

Depends on what they post I suppose. If you post that you made $3 million on your first day demo trading and now you're offering to mentor others you probably deserve a bit of stick.

If I have ever sent a genuine newbie on his way then I apologise....but theres not many ....and ive seen much worse flaming on other Forums ;)

N

I only give grief to newbies that deserve it ......

If they are genuine (and not fishing) then to simply join and then post a thread like .....

Greetings all

I know nothing about Trading - Please tell me how to trade

or other inane and unresearched questions (read the beginners to T2W stuff perhaps first ?)

Sorry - but then they deserve it !
N

Nope.

Who are you to jump on someone with zero knowledge and decide it is your right to abuse them?

This is a discussion forum, not a d!club swinging forum. If you don't like what a newbie writes point out the error in their ways or refrain from posting. A bit of good natured banter is fine. Talking down to people, being disrespectful is not necessary.

At least not until they have been around a while.

Fact is - you pick up a book on trading from Barnes & Noble & it might tell you all about MACD, Stochastics and MA crossovers.

Then you come here to ask how people use these things and get torn a new a$$hole.

We all had to start somewhere.

Just an observation but why it the vendor here is the only one defending clueless newbies who don't give a darn about putting in the time and effort but just want the holy grail?

If this were an employment forum and a newbie posted, "Hi guys. I just started a minimum wage job in and industry I know nothing about. I'll be CEO in 30 days", you don't think they get a bit of abuse?

Peter

peebee

thx for the examples - they deleted now :LOL:

The ones used as an example to point out someone's opinion get deleted immediately but the ones I hit the "Report Post" button take days. I knew I was doing something wrong.

Peter

Fact is - you pick up a book on trading from Barnes & Noble & it might tell you all about MACD, Stochastics and MA crossovers.

Then you come here to ask how people use these things and get torn a new a$$hole.

We all had to start somewhere.

That's a bit unfair. The only anti indicator brigade ridiculing people tends to be vendors with alternative tools that they are desperate to promote.

I for example tend to steer people asking indicator type questions to bbmacs threads where they will at least see an approach that makes sense, and considers how indicators can be used in a wider context.

Those getting torn a new a$$hole tend to be those with a clear agenda. Someone has to do it, and in the absence of any proactive policing by t2w staff and moderators, certain members of the community have been forced to take on this role.

Is it not possible to show why someone is talking rubbish without resorting to abuse?

Many of the "abusers" claim they are doing so to protect other newbies from being taken in. If that's the case those other newbies are far more likely to be convinced by a measured response rather than the one liner "this is utter crap and the op is an idiot" type thing.

That's a bit unfair. The only anti indicator brigade ridiculing people tends to be vendors with alternative tools that they are desperate to promote.

I for example tend to steer people asking indicator type questions to bbmacs threads where they will at least see an approach that makes sense, and considers how indicators can be used in a wider context.

Those getting torn a new a$$hole tend to be those with a clear agenda. Someone has to do it, and in the absence of any proactive policing by t2w staff and moderators, certain members of the community have been forced to take on this role.

Oi be quiet or i'll be forced to tear you one :LOL:

complete rubbish imo, until you provide examples. the new members who get stick are ones that either:

~ are lazy. These fit into two common types: 1. lazy with zero initiative: asking a question "what is a future?" which would be more easily asked & better answered using google; 2. looking for a heads up on an imminent punt/easy money - "which way is the FTSE going...up or down?". Both 1)s & 2)s neither have the capacity nor the desire to trade. (examples: Take your pick).
~ think they are dogs knackers after 2 days demo trading. (Aster1).
~ regurgitate nonsense frequently (Marooh).
~ are vendors (Take your pick).

Would a new member have posted on BMT forum a thread stating how rich they will be in 2 years from now having never traded before? Maybe theres a rule about new members posting crap over there, perhaps?

Any new member who has asked a question of late which is fairly reasonable (ie they have put some thought into it (and thats not subjective - eg its a genuine q & its obvious they have done some work etc etc), is dived on by every senior member around who wants to share their 'wisdom'....cos its so rare, and refreshing.

New members are in fact much more a curse imo - there are so many posting one sentence posts which have no relevance / something so inane / already stated previously....its a waste of time reading it, often they bump v old threads (only v occasionally is the old thread good). wouldn't surprise me if these members are t2w bots.

Of course these new members are potentially new customers for you.

I have used other forums when researching a subject I am not familiar with and sure enough, whenever I do a search in the forum I find the topic has been discussed ad nauseam and all of my questions have already been asked and answered at least 10 times over, and the 'veteran' members are clearly tired of it being discussed. Needless to say I don’t join the forum and post my question.

What annoys me about ‘newbies’ is they generally ask a question about trading that has already been answered at least 10 times over in this forum alone (let alone the entire internet) or they ask subjective questions like ‘what is the best instrument for a newbie to trade?’...what is worse is that there are people here who actually think there is an answer to that!:LOL:

The cynical side of me says the vast majority of people who visit this site just want somebody to tell them exactly what and when to buy and exactly what and when to sell. I would say less than 1% of 1% of guests/members actually wants to learn how to be self-reliant in trading.

:LOL:

I would have thought t2w needed all the posts it can get at the moment. Perhaps thats the reason the place is dead, everyone has been told to be quiet

:p

I don't suppose it has occurred to you that in these savage economic times, people simply don't have the money to fritter away on their gambling addictions :LOL:
Too busy living hand to mouth or giro to cheque casher to pawn broker whilst at the same time being soaked for every penny by govt and the bailouts etc etc.

Perhaps those in the industry would know if business volumes are down.

I don't suppose it has occurred to you that in these savage economic times, people simply don't have the money to fritter away on their gambling addictions :LOL:
Too busy living hand to mouth or giro to cheque casher to pawn broker whilst at the same time being soaked for every penny by govt and the bailouts etc etc.

Perhaps those in the industry would know if business volumes are down.

....and paying for an unemployed immigrant Bulgarian with six kids and giving him a council house. Locals have to sit on a waiting list hence a build up of intolerance of UK Govt.:(

(Source -Daily Express 14th Sept)