Deletion of threads!

Thanks guys!

I think my tone no ruder than many other posters including some of the more arrogant. I will take a self imposed ban.

Suggest people look at www.valueforum.com if they want an alternative to this community!

I have followed this thread from start to finish. I have found it highly entertaining and a thoroughly good read.

I have read through all the discussions both for and against requests from members for information regarding deleted posts and temporary/permanent bannings.

I have read through all the discussions both for and against the moderators defence of their actions and why it would not be possible to give this information on the boards.

I now have only one thing to say to Sharky and Chartman,

Thanks for the last few posts lads! :cheesy:

demag said:
I have followed this thread from start to finish. I have found it highly entertaining and a thoroughly good read.

I have read through all the discussions both for and against requests from members for information regarding deleted posts and temporary/permanent bannings.

I have read through all the discussions both for and against the moderators defence of their actions and why it would not be possible to give this information on the boards.

I now have only one thing to say to Sharky and Chartman,

Thanks for the last few posts lads! :cheesy:

Cheesy indeed! You havent even read the posts because they were deleted! Go read 1984 (this is not rude, this is advice!)

I have and this is its conclusion:-

"He gazed up at the enormous face. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark moustache. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother."

Perhaps you should re read it jimbo.

Rognvald said:

"He gazed up at the enormous face. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark moustache. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother."

Have too !!

Rognvald said:

My memory is that the hero had been reduced by advanced brainwashing methods to a state where he could no longer tell three fingers from two. At that point, when he was plainly unsuited to continue trading, he was released from custody and permitted a free daily ration of gin.

growltiger said:
My memory is that the hero had been reduced by advanced brainwashing methods to a state where he could no longer tell three fingers from two. At that point, when he was plainly unsuited to continue trading, he was released from custody and permitted a free daily ration of gin.

Indeed, my recollection is the same,

My point is that the Judges act as Big Bro and his cohorts, the markets are largely free of this, the markets survive because of this, and pen pushers should enjoy pushing pens!

Enjoy the week!

Quite right. Judges are appointed to judge and they do. No one escapes the ropes that society ties round them.

My point was mistaken by you both - I knew that Winston Smith had been coerced into submission - my point is that ultimately everyone is. We all accept big brother because there is no alternative. We all live out 1984 on a daily basis

"He felt as though he were wandering in the forests of the sea bottom, lost in a monstrous world where he himself was the monster. He was alone. The past was dead, the future was unimaginable. What certainty had he that a single human creature now living was on his side? And what way of knowing that the dominion of the Party would not endure for ever? Like an answer, the three slogans on the white face of the Ministry of Truth came back to him:
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
He took a twenty-five cent piece out of his pocket. There, too, in tiny clear lettering, the same slogans were inscribed, and on the other face of the coin the head of Big Brother. Even from the coin the eyes pursued you. On coins, on stamps, on the covers of books, on banners, on posters, and on the wrappings of a cigarette Packet -- everywhere. Always the eyes watching you and the voice enveloping you. Asleep or awake, working or eating, indoors or out of doors, in the bath or in bed -- no escape. Nothing was your own except the few cubic centimetres inside your skull.

Living out 1984 on a daily basis

Only those who are still troubled by "memory" traces within the skull will have difficulty with phenomena like the disappearance of posts or threads. Pragmatic citizens nowadays cultivate the sense that if you cannot retrieve it, it was never there. The web of memory within your skull will in time made whole by the moderators. Don't worry about it.

All I intended to say was posts 99 and 100 gave short and to the point reasoning for the moderators action. Everybody was therefore aware of the Judges decision.

So although the moderators argued against giving this information, they did in fact post it.

I seem to remember somewhere back towards the beginning of this thread a moderator posted a reply to the effect that they didn't have time to post this information.

Surely there aren't that many of us getting banned are there?!

So now we are all in possession of the facts and I for one think this shows the moderators in a much better light and I think it was the honourable thing to do.

********!

No wonder this board is despised amongst the rest of the community. If you could only see yourselves. Pretentious, arrogant and so full of your self importance, it's unbelievable.

dbt

Disagree for the following reasons

You'd be right if people were creating reliable 100% plus annual systems. But I have yet to see such things. If they are creating systems returning merely 25%-35% etc, they will not be rich overnite, it would take years so I see plenty of justification for selling a working system under those parameters. All around you, everyday, a system of one form or another is being sold.

As an example, www.vtoreport.com shows a 5 day RSI system which shows doing well since 1997.

CityTrader said:
What I am actually curious about, is if anyone has actually made money, on an annual basis relying on a system???? Once again for those who haven't read my thoughts on this previously, if these systems worked, they wouldn't be sold!! think about it.. you have a system guaranteed to make money. you have 3 choices...
1) Trade with your own money and make $10mil a year
2) Sell it to Goldman Sachs, or Morgan Stanley, or UBS, etc, etc, for $10mil plus a back end percentage of profits made.
3) sell it to mug punters on the Internet for $99.95 a pop ( or whatever they charge)

Think about it punters, your Utopia does NOT exist. If it didn, the markets wouldn't - and please dont ask me to explain why they wouldn't... just think about it...

I don't think they all could

Any/All systems require patience, persistence, fortitude and so on. Simple as that sounds, it rules out 3/4 of most people.

pkfryer said:
Quite right growltiger.. exactly what I want to.

CityTrader I agree with you on some points.. if everyone new of and used a system that got guaranteed results then the markets would collapse (which perhaps they will one day as computers get more powerful and AI advances...). But it is still possible to have systems that work, or at least rules for interpreting and acting on indicators.

Indicators merely cut the wheat from the chaff, a system is merely a set of rules to interpret patterns and indicators, an automatic system is merely the programming of these rules. System trading is trading, but enforcing yourself to system entry exit. I believe it is maybe only 25% efficient but as a novice, intermediate the enforced discipline is necessary for fledgling initial profits before the abilities and skills are gained to be a discretionary trader.

Anyway... this is off topic! The main thrust of this thread is the deletion of threads and whether it is wrong or not to delete threads, posts and ban people without given explanations for actions!