LTG Goldrock complaint thread deleted for 5th time

Status
Not open for further replies.
so the thread disapeared in the early hours of this morning? i've found a page 31, last posting by FCOH-2 "Today, 2:05am"

I've just has a brief look at the LTG website.

Leaving aside the inherent absurdity of the concept of such a company, there are major red flags all over that site. The performance page alone should be enough to put anyone off.

If not, I urge you to have a look at the video on the home page. It made my skin crawl.

i too have been taking a glance at their web offerings. i see they been voted 2011 "Best Global FX Education Provider..." by world finance.

a fine accolade to win indeed, but who did their discerning and knowledgable readership vote for best in this category 2012, none other than t2w's fave chaps...

knowledge to action (y)

A company that has won "awards" - another reason (as if one were needed) to run a mile.

are there no trusted awards?

i would have thought the t2w awards were a good guide to what the membership liked and of course voted for.

on the evidence of the world finance awards, i'd say the t2w awards were better in regards to member knowledge.

i'm a little concerned as to world finance's readership make up. there have been only two awards in that particular catagory, 2011 was the first of such.

All of this chatter really misses the point. If you are all so concerned about vendors and scammers and wotnot, then you are quite at liberty to go off and start your own websites. Instead, you chose to litter up this site.

I can assure you, it does become tiresome and tedious sorting out everyones disputes.

are there no trusted awards?

I don't think so. The only exception I would make are decorations for bravery. These have great meaning and are a huge honour awarded for remarkable conduct, but other than those I can't think of any that a reasonable person would even wipe their crack with.

The honours system in the UK is so debased and corrupted that simply a nomination for one makes me suspect the nominee to such an extent that I suspend my belief in innocence until proven guilt. I will forever regard such a person as a dishonest scumbag until it can be proven that they are not such a thing.

Industry awards are a complete joke - I care little if Asda wins the Asda award for best Asda (this example only just crosses the line into parody). I remember Norwich Union winning industry awards for service - nuff said.

The very concept of awards for things like film, television and sport (unless for the last it is something like a laurel wreath made from real leaves) makes me sick. I find things like the British Television Awards utterly revolting.

So no, with one exception I view awards with utter contempt. Most of them are thoroughly dishonest in one way or another and are likely to put me off the recipient.

Last edited:
All of this chatter really misses the point. If you are all so concerned about vendors and scammers and wotnot, then you are quite at liberty to go off and start your own websites. Instead, you chose to litter up this site.

I can assure you, it does become tiresome and tedious sorting out everyones disputes.

If it wasnt for people talking about scammers and vendors what would be left? Joe Ross and a few clowns looking for the best EA or managed forex account.

What about bums on seats, laddie? :)

You had 100+ punters on the Slapploppy thread the other day - when was the last time that happened? Disputes are good for business - any lawyer will tell you that.

In any case, punters come here looking for opinions, knowledge and expertise, and reasonable criticism of providers is legitimate and appropriate.

Actually, in the case of most system and training vendors, urinating on them in public before imprisoning them for fraud is also legitimate and appropriate, as I sure you would privately acknowledge.

If it wasnt for people talking about scammers and vendors what would be left? Joe Ross and a few clowns looking for the best EA or managed forex account.

In fairness, there have been more fairly serious trading discussions recently, some of them reasonably good I think.

Although I don't know why I keep making this point - nobody seems to agree with me.

well the vendors and scammers being the clowns posting/advertising here in the 1st instance. i think it would be a bit silly to post on another site in regard to these clowns/spammers/scammers resident here.

as such i've found it's much more fun this side of the fence :p :D

All of this chatter really misses the point. If you are all so concerned about vendors and scammers and wotnot, then you are quite at liberty to go off and start your own websites. Instead, you chose to litter up this site...

That wouldnt really help would it ?

I take the point that on many occasions, the motive for the critisism is just the pursuit of teh lulz, but its not always the case. t2w really does need to be held to account sometimes.

t2w has a bit of a problem because they claim that they want to operate the site in the best interests of the members (and some reading this might even believe that's true, and that they do). Sometimes, even t2w has to admit that the critisism is a genuine attempt to help and educate others, and is "in the interests of its members". For heavens sake, even t2w has even written its own guidelines to spotting less than honest vendors etc.

If everyone went off and started their own site you'd be left to operate without any constraints and limits, plus there's a reasonable chance someone might create serious competition :LOL:

In fairness, there have been more fairly serious trading discussions recently, some of them reasonably good I think.

Although I don't know why I keep making this point - nobody seems to agree with me.

Maybe I was distracted by Baghdady and that other clown that's now selling training on smoothies and raw food instead of a managed forex account.

So did we actually discover why the thread was deleted? Did a big boy do it and run away? Did the dog eat it? Did a black dog run out in front of it causing it to crash?

So did we actually discover why the thread was deleted? Did a big boy do it and run away? Did the dog eat it? Did a black dog run out in front of it causing it to crash?

Did it fall into the lifeboat?

Status
Not open for further replies.