100k to 200m in 10 years

I'm not sure what "highly suspect" is a euphemism for - is it "vendor"? :LOL: :cheesy::clap:

I'm glad to see you can still hit the easy ones out of the park. It only gets harder from now on. I might cut you some slack and pitch you an easy one from time to time to not make this completely one sided. ;)

I'm glad to see you can still hit the easy ones out of the park. It only gets harder from now on. I might cut you some slack and pitch you an easy one from time to time to not make this completely one sided. ;)

That is pitiful - I can't think of a single exchange where you haven't been shown up as the buffoon you are. You normally get a beating and then stop replying.

I have had a happy thought - since you and your wife are "likely" :)lol:) to donate much of the profits from your suckers, sorry, that's chumps, er I mean victims, damn it, students (sorry about that), why not allow them to make a charitable donation instead of a payment to you? It's very easy to set up, and would give the ridiculous statement you made some credibility.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is possible.

Check out http://www.futurestrader71.com/2010/09/webinar-no-3-beyond-technicals-inside.html

He has a lot of free info on his site but some paid webinars. The money goes to charity & he gets credit.

I am currently working with the lawyers of my chosen charity to do something a little unusual. They are researching whether my idea will still be tax advantaged to me. Furthermore, they are concerned about my idea setting a precedent that they would be comfortable doing with me, but perhaps not with others.

Sorry to be so sketchy, but until it is a reality, I am not able to disclose more detail. I hope it works out because this idea will become part of my course for others that may want to use the process to make charitable gifts from their successes.

Last edited:
When I lived in Tokyo I used to remember the trains being filled with drunks sleeping it off on their commute home, so it's not anything British I'd say.

Alcohol consumption in Japan: different culture, different rules

Dave Milne
Tokyo

When darkness falls and blinking neon brightens the often drab cities and towns of Japan, white-collar workers crowd into tiny bars — there are 15 000 in Tokyo alone — and unwind by sipping Suntory Gold whisky and water at $15 a shot. Tradesmen and labourers head for "standbars" and gulp down plastic cups of shochu, cheaper distilled spirits dispensed from vending machines. And although there is little absenteeism in Japan due to drinking, the country's doctors are worried — problem drinkers numbered 3 million at the last tally.

Japan's thirst has continued unabated long after the economic twilight fell on the Land of the Rising Sun. "There is no question that alcoholism is increasing in Japan," says Dr. Hiorakai Kono, former director of the National Institute of Alcoholism in Tokyo. "What astonishes us is the size of the problem."

Problem drinking cuts across all levels of society, according to the latest study by the Leisure Development Research Centre in Tokyo. Sixty percent of problem drinkers are salaried businessmen who claim that getting drunk with clients or coworkers is part of their job and a mark of company loyalty. To refuse a drink from the boss is a terrible insult that can damage a career. And although alcohol consumption is now decreasing in most industrialized countries, it has quadrupled in Japan since 1960.

Drinking is not a moral issue here, since there is no religious prohibition against alcohol consumption, and the temperance movement has never had an impact. And unlike many Westerners, the Japanese don't regard alcohol as a drug.

Traditionally, there has been an indulgent attitude toward those who drink too much — and for good reason. In a tightly knit society where concealing emotions and frustrations is a highly developed and necessary part of maintaining "consensus," getting drunk is a socially sanctioned safety valve. "Alcohol here plays the role of psychiatry in the West," says Charles Pomeroy, former president of the Foreign Correspondents Club of Japan and a Tokyo resident for 45 years. "I think the country would explode without
it."

http://www.cmaj.ca/cgi/content/full/167/4/388

drunk%20salaryman.jpg

2286401799_f018a6e875_m.jpg

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

It's definitely true that Japanese "salarymen" have to go drinking with their colleagues / clients several evenings / week, and that alcohol serves as a valve.

Lived in Helsinki some years too, and Scandinavians there and in Stockholm where we also partied quite a bit can drink like crazy too, we Germans like our beer and wine here, etc.

Were you teaching English in Tokyo? I ask this because it appears you weren't working with Salarymen if you believe the majority go out drinking many times a week.

I worked at Fujitsu HQ and regulary went with my Japanese colleagues on trips to Bangkok/Manila.

Whilst it is true that Salarymen do end up asleep in the street - Kawasaki is a nightmare for it, the fact is Japanese salarymen go out drinking with their colleagues a few times a year. Most of the time, these guys are working from 8am-10pm, which is how they build up the stress they need to relieve on those crazy nights out.

Perhaps Japanese salesmen drink more but 99% of these guys are not drinking regularly, which is why they get into this state - they can't take their booze. Of course, they drink more when overseas in the Karaoke bars and they drink more when on business in Japan (and more Karaoke bars) and they love nothing better than curling up with a Thai/Filipina hooker at night but to call them regular drinkers is a stretch.

Also - when these guys do fall asleep in the street - they wake up in the morning, with their brief cases at their sides, their wallets in their pockets, no-one has urinated on them or beat the crap out of them.

This could not happen in the UK - if you fell asleep in the streets in London - you'd wake up needing to walk barefoot home.

Because I want it to go to my charity and I want the credit.

Very easy to do, as I'm sure you're aware. Even if it's not particularly well set up, the donor simply asks that the recipient charity sends you confirmation of the donation. Or you could check this yourself.

Seriously, I'd go back and edit out that charity thing. People are gullible, but for Christ's sake, there's no need to take the p1ss.

I am completely empathetic with your experience. Most of us have been similarly treated. Worse yet, some of us have even forked over significant funds only to be disappointed with the the product.

However, it does no one a service to lump all educators, trainers and coaches in the same group. It takes effort by the consumer in due diligence to sort out the good from the bad and some come to forums like this as part of that process.

It is also unfair to vendors who provide a good service at a fair price. Among their other contributions, they provide the funds that keep this service free for the rest of us.

Full disclosure: I am a potential vendor in development. It remains to be seen if I am able to live up to my high standards.

This is an excellent post - well said .

There are some excellent vendors around, who are competent, successful, and as honest as the day is long.

Davie Robertson, for example, a frequent vendor on this site. Who would say a word against him? He goes by many aliases, doubtless through modesty.

On Forex Factory, the outstanding vendor is of course Jacko, a man (or possibly a woman) of unimpeachable honour. I understand that he is a little hard to contact these days - perhaps he is working hard on improving the service he offers his subscribers and investors.

Of all vendors though, the finest must surely be Kishore M. If you haven't seen him, google him or look on youtube - you will p1ss yourself. Seriously, one of the greatest stand up acts of all time.

I am currently working with the lawyers of my chosen charity to do something a little unusual. They are researching whether my idea will still be tax advantaged to me. Furthermore, they are concerned about my idea setting a precedent that they would be comfortable doing with me, but perhaps not with others.

Sorry to be so sketchy, but until it is a reality, I am not able to disclose more detail. I hope it works out because this idea will become part of my course for others that may want to use the process to make charitable gifts from their successes.

Surely - if you have all of the proceeds of your training paid directly to a charity, you will not have to worry about taxes.

As for 'working with the lawyers of my chosen charity' - do you not think perhaps you overestimated how many people will actually buy your training ?

Surely - if you have all of the proceeds of your training paid directly to a charity, you will not have to worry about taxes.

As for 'working with the lawyers of my chosen charity' - do you not think perhaps you overestimated how many people will actually buy your training ?

Personally, of course not. If the concern is maximising benefit to the charity, are the rules the same as they are in the UK re the charity reclaiming tax on donations? If so, it would make sense for the donation to come from whoever had the higher income.

That said, this is all "somewhat theoretical".

Perhaps I did not make myself completely clear. The work with the lawyers has to do with my pending contributions from my trading. This is now and the amounts are sufficient to get the charity's attention so that they assigned their lawyer to this task.

The issue with respect to proceeds from training is prospective. I only brought it up to stir the pot about my motives for training. And the mechanism we set up for contributions from my trading will work when/if I begin teaching.

Just stick to lying. You aren't much good at it, but in this game you don't have to be.

Ah, you used the L-word. An apparent case of transference.

I don't mind sparing with you in an aggressive, but friendly fashion, even though you are mostly way over the top. But an accusation of lying requires proof. Bluff and bluster is quite insufficient.

I don't know about your culture, but in mine this is quite beyond acceptable behavior.

Were you teaching English in Tokyo? I ask this because it appears you weren't working with Salarymen if you believe the majority go out drinking many times a week.

Every thing you post is simply BS, invented or just downright nonsense, doesn't matter if it's trading, or Japan, or whatever.

You weren't even living in Tokyo so what on earth are you blabbing about.

Jesus Christ.

41ffua.gif

Alcohol consumption in Japan: different culture, different rules

Dave Milne
Tokyo

When darkness falls and blinking neon brightens the often drab cities and towns of Japan, white-collar workers crowd into tiny bars — there are 15 000 in Tokyo alone — and unwind by sipping Suntory Gold whisky and water at $15 a shot. Tradesmen and labourers head for "standbars" and gulp down plastic cups of shochu, cheaper distilled spirits dispensed from vending machines. And although there is little absenteeism in Japan due to drinking, the country's doctors are worried — problem drinkers numbered 3 million at the last tally.

Japan's thirst has continued unabated long after the economic twilight fell on the Land of the Rising Sun. "There is no question that alcoholism is increasing in Japan," says Dr. Hiorakai Kono, former director of the National Institute of Alcoholism in Tokyo. "What astonishes us is the size of the problem."

Problem drinking cuts across all levels of society, according to the latest study by the Leisure Development Research Centre in Tokyo. Sixty percent of problem drinkers are salaried businessmen who claim that getting drunk with clients or coworkers is part of their job and a mark of company loyalty. To refuse a drink from the boss is a terrible insult that can damage a career. And although alcohol consumption is now decreasing in most industrialized countries, it has quadrupled in Japan since 1960.

Drinking is not a moral issue here, since there is no religious prohibition against alcohol consumption, and the temperance movement has never had an impact. And unlike many Westerners, the Japanese don't regard alcohol as a drug.

Traditionally, there has been an indulgent attitude toward those who drink too much — and for good reason. In a tightly knit society where concealing emotions and frustrations is a highly developed and necessary part of maintaining "consensus," getting drunk is a socially sanctioned safety valve. "Alcohol here plays the role of psychiatry in the West," says Charles Pomeroy, former president of the Foreign Correspondents Club of Japan and a Tokyo resident for 45 years. "I think the country would explode without
it."

http://www.cmaj.ca/cgi/content/full/167/4/388

Actually BSD - I lived in Shinagawa for a while before moving to Yatsuo Village about 25k outside of Toyama prefecture.

You are a bubble boy aren't you? Stuck on your ventilator, you see little of the outside world and so live your life through internet articles and books.

That stuff on alcohol in Japan is way overblown and you know it.

3 showed small loss (3.3%, 0.2%, 1.7%), one large loss (30.3%).

Classic T2W LULZ

I dont think my combined drawdown for the last 6 years amounts to 30% !

Whats even funnier is that my monthly returns are approximately double Howards, just from trading Dr Zuppys coin tossing system :LOL:

This is an excellent post - well said C0ckhandle.

There are some excellent vendors around, who are competent, successful, and as honest as the day is long.

Davie Robertson, for example, a frequent vendor on this site. Who would say a word against him? He goes by many aliases, doubtless through modesty.

On Forex Factory, the outstanding vendor is of course Jacko, a man (or possibly a woman) of unimpeachable honour. I understand that he is a little hard to contact these days - perhaps he is working hard on improving the service he offers his subscribers and investors.

Of all vendors though, the finest must surely be Kishore M. If you haven't seen him, google him or look on youtube - you will p1ss yourself. Seriously, one of the greatest stand up acts of all time.

Good old Kishore is offering a 20 grand course for free.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrVdYMl0FaQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player