100k to 200m in 10 years

Sigh...

In one account alone, he reportedly made the amount the state listed as his total "ascertainable" profit.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,873372,00.html#ixzz19JY2WYbO

What on earth is so hard to understand about a perfectly good, simple and robust method with great risk / reward ratios making him great money.

Besides it really isn't about how much he made, it's about the method and r/r that are perfectly viable.

Unbelievable how deluded and in deep denial one can be.

That ONE account out of MANY already had the profits in it.

THAT's why the courts pulled back the state prosecutor obviously.

We can blame the supermarkets for the drink problem...far too cheep and whats worse, the social fabric of the community is being undermined when public houses are going out of business every day. The role of the pub was to promote responsible drinking across all ages...now it's just a bloody free for all. Cheep booze at home...I mean wtf is that all about !

CV - have you never been abroad ?

Booze is by no means cheap in the UK - supermarkets or otherwise. There's lots of countries where booze is cheaper yet the drinking problems don't exist.

You can't blame the supermarkets I'm afraid.

In Japan - in the Village I lived in, they had beer vending machines dotted in various places. These were not abused by minors, they did not cause people to drink to excess and they were not vandalized. Can you imagine this in the UK.

There is zero discipline in the UK and there is also zero self-discipline. The issues are cultural - the UK has been on a cultural decline for decades.

There is zero discipline in the UK and there is also zero self-discipline. The issues are cultural - the UK has been on a cultural decline for decades.[/QUOTE]

And it's not by accident !,...

When I lived in Tokyo I used to remember the trains being filled with drunks sleeping it off on their commute home, so it's not anything British I'd say.

Alcohol consumption in Japan: different culture, different rules

Dave Milne
Tokyo

When darkness falls and blinking neon brightens the often drab cities and towns of Japan, white-collar workers crowd into tiny bars — there are 15 000 in Tokyo alone — and unwind by sipping Suntory Gold whisky and water at $15 a shot. Tradesmen and labourers head for "standbars" and gulp down plastic cups of shochu, cheaper distilled spirits dispensed from vending machines. And although there is little absenteeism in Japan due to drinking, the country's doctors are worried — problem drinkers numbered 3 million at the last tally.

Japan's thirst has continued unabated long after the economic twilight fell on the Land of the Rising Sun. "There is no question that alcoholism is increasing in Japan," says Dr. Hiorakai Kono, former director of the National Institute of Alcoholism in Tokyo. "What astonishes us is the size of the problem."

Problem drinking cuts across all levels of society, according to the latest study by the Leisure Development Research Centre in Tokyo. Sixty percent of problem drinkers are salaried businessmen who claim that getting drunk with clients or coworkers is part of their job and a mark of company loyalty. To refuse a drink from the boss is a terrible insult that can damage a career. And although alcohol consumption is now decreasing in most industrialized countries, it has quadrupled in Japan since 1960.

Drinking is not a moral issue here, since there is no religious prohibition against alcohol consumption, and the temperance movement has never had an impact. And unlike many Westerners, the Japanese don't regard alcohol as a drug.

Traditionally, there has been an indulgent attitude toward those who drink too much — and for good reason. In a tightly knit society where concealing emotions and frustrations is a highly developed and necessary part of maintaining "consensus," getting drunk is a socially sanctioned safety valve. "Alcohol here plays the role of psychiatry in the West," says Charles Pomeroy, former president of the Foreign Correspondents Club of Japan and a Tokyo resident for 45 years. "I think the country would explode without
it."

http://www.cmaj.ca/cgi/content/full/167/4/388

drunk%20salaryman.jpg

2286401799_f018a6e875_m.jpg

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

It's definitely true that Japanese "salarymen" have to go drinking with their colleagues / clients several evenings / week, and that alcohol serves as a valve.

Lived in Helsinki some years too, and Scandinavians there and in Stockholm where we also partied quite a bit can drink like crazy too, we Germans like our beer and wine here, etc.

Alchohol, drugs, sexual deviancy, TV,..and many more, are all forms of escapism.
To the extent of any one of these avenues becoming extreme, is usually a measure of the discontent of a "given" culture/society,.... go figure

Tip: Look back over the last 100 yrs and make some comparisons, and remember, the system is going through some profound changes, by design. (ordo ab chao)

When you introduce daily, weekly, or monthly charts, your analysis then has to include your opinion of a host of macroeconomic variables as they affect every market. But when you are trading off a one-minute chart, those variables are not important. So by focusing on intraday momentum trading, you've effectively eliminated the need to forecast macroeconomic trends and have reduced your risk several fold by eliminating overnight risk. On the other end of the coin, you've also eliminated your upside as most day traders won't be able to turn "100k to 200m in 10 years".

Thus, I find it easier to trade off lower time frames than higher ones.

I'm afraid I don't agree, you can use these macroeconomic and fundamental things to your advantage as a very good leading indicator if you read them right. For example, if you do some research into Stock fundamentals, know their business, and buy at the right time, you can catch really big moves over 1-3 month timscales.

Well known supermarket offer 3 cases various beers 275ml bottles. 15 per case. Total price £18 quid equivalent to 21.8 pints.

Nah not cheep is it !.....same amount in the pub would set you back £65-£75

Last edited:
How the f*ck did we get here?

Raising the price of alcohol isn't going to do anything until it gets to £10 a pint or something ludicrous.

And what pubs do you go to CV? bottled beer for under £2?

Gotta be quick, kids want to go sightseeing in London (for the 100th time) they forget me and their Mum lived here for 15 years..actually they probably just want to shop in All Saints etc..

Part time>full time successful aint gonna happen, sorry to kill the dream but there ya go. Prove me wrong? So what, good for you if you make it happen. Critical point you say (as many do) that they've been *learning* trading for a few years, and have now just developed a positive expectancy. So that'll be another 3-4 before they've got enough cash to go full time self employed then, by which time they could be fookin dead..IMHO this industry either grabs your interest or doesn't, you either want to make it or you don't, there are no half measures; you're either full time/fully commited or nowhere.

You could actually make a living off ten grand now, 100 quid a day and you could live, beats average wage (just)..so why arent you and many others? They want all their ducks lined up in a row before making the commitment and that's what separates them from the doers.

I like you Clarence - always have, always will. But tbh you don't half talk some. :whistling

cba wtf ;)

Given the thread title, that is a very good question.

Sup Hosniffer!

How's the scam coming along? Hooked any suckers yet?

Just think, this could have been your last Christmas scraping by - the vendor bucks will be rolling in soon.

Be kind though - there's a lot of needy sharks on this site, and only so much fresh noob meat to go around.

Flipside C0ckhandle (y)!

Sup Hosniffer!

How's the scam coming along? Hooked any suckers yet?

Just think, this could have been your last Christmas scraping by - the vendor bucks will be rolling in soon.

Be kind though - there's a lot of needy sharks on this site, and only so much fresh noob meat to go around.

Flipside C0ckhandle (y)!

No marketing. No customers. No teaching income. Haven't even signed up those who have asked unsolicited. Yet! :)

Just a steady progress of my trading. Nice steady returns each month. 53 completed trades. 3 showed small loss (3.3%, 0.2%, 1.7%), one large loss (30.3%). Month on month account returns (7.4%, 7.7%, 11.3%, 11.2%). December will beat all previous results if things don't change from today to end of month.

All posted real-time in my journal thread. If that's your definition of a scam, I'd hate to see a real one.

Over to you, my friend.

No marketing. No customers. No teaching income. Haven't even signed up those who have asked unsolicited. Yet! :)

Just a steady progress of my trading. Nice steady returns each month. 53 completed trades. 3 showed small loss (3.3%, 0.2%, 1.7%), one large loss (30.3%). Month on month account returns (7.4%, 7.7%, 11.3%, 11.2%). December will beat all previous results if things don't change from today to end of month.

All posted real-time in my journal thread. If that's your definition of a scam, I'd hate to see a real one.

Over to you, my friend.

All posted "real" time in your journal? And December the best month? I'm impressed , really I am.

:LOL::LOL:

Don't forget , this is a scammer's paradise. I mean, this is the number one destination for scumbag vendors who would stab their own grannies for 10 bucks. So you've got to get a move on, otherwise there'll be a new deadbeat so-called trader along soon who'll take all the victims who should rightly be yours.

Open up shop and get eating - the water's warm and it's full of juicy noobs who are just desperate to p1ss some money away.

Last edited by a moderator:

Why not anyway? It's what you're here for - the only way you can actually make money out of something vaguely related to trading.

All posted "real" time in your journal? And December the best month?

:LOL::LOL:

Since I post my trades at the end of the day and the trade may last up to 60 days, I fail to understand your sarcasm regarding my characterization of "real time." Perhaps I lack your sense of humor.

Don't forget , this is a scammer's paradise. I mean, this is the number one destination for scumbag vendors who would stab their own grannies for 10 bucks. So you've got to get a move on, otherwise there'll be a new deadbeat so-called trader along soon who'll take all the victims who should rightly be yours.

Open up shop and get eating - the water's warm and it's full of juicy noobs who are just desperate to p1ss some money away.

Since teaching "competently" is my goal, not just collecting fees, I will not begin until I am satisfied that I can be proud of the syllabus, training materials and all elements of my strategy. I am also likely to teach it live locally as a prototyping exercise and film part of it for promotional purposes.

I currently make more at trading credit spreads than all sources of income from my retirement put together. So, in that sense, I make my living trading credit spreads. And the teaching fees are not critical to my standard of living. In fact, my wife and I are likely to donate much of it to charity. It remains a thought rather than a commitment until we see the results. We already donate a significant percentage of the earnings from the account I track in the journal to charity.

Why are you always picking on me.:LOL:

Why not anyway? It's what you're here for - the only way you can actually make money out of something vaguely related to trading.

Doesn't it bother you that my journal makes your statement highly suspect? You know what "highly suspect" is a euphemism for, don't you?

Since I post my trades at the end of the day and the trade may last up to 60 days, I fail to understand your sarcasm regarding my characterization of "real time." Perhaps I lack your sense of humor.

Since teaching "competently" is my goal, not just collecting fees, I will not begin until I am satisfied that I can be proud of the syllabus, training materials and all elements of my strategy. I am also likely to teach it live locally as a prototyping exercise and film part of it for promotional purposes.

I currently make more at trading credit spreads than all sources of income from my retirement put together. So, in that sense, I make my living trading credit spreads. And the teaching fees are not critical to my standard of living. In fact, my wife and I are likely to donate much of it to charity. It remains a thought rather than a commitment until we see the results. We already donate a significant percentage of the earnings from the account I track in the journal to charity.

Why are you always picking on me.:LOL:

Priceless :LOL:. You're doing all this for charidee!

I don't know about your Iron Condors, but you definitely have a Brass Neck and Balls of Steel :LOL:.

I haven't read your journal, but you post "live" trades at the end of the day? Rather than live?

Doesn't it bother you that my journal makes your statement highly suspect? You know what "highly suspect" is a euphemism for, don't you?

Your journal doesn't make my comment comment highly suspect.

I'm not sure what "highly suspect" is a euphemism for - is it "vendor"? :LOL: :cheesy::clap: