DAX - January

The S&P moves up 10 pts after we close and the best that the dax can do is a 20 pt range in the first two hours today..........???

DaxTrader said:
terrible innit

more life out of the bonds and currencies than indexes

Yep and I think that is something that traders will drift towards, more and more. No brokers notes to worry about, no profit warnings to shaft you. Nice movement in currencies which has long gone in indices. Get some data on the DAX for 1.5 - 3 years ago and look at the swings, it was tradeable.

I still see FTSE rising from here, not sure yet on DAX. Not much slippage to come I dont think. FTSE is clearer to me than the DAX right now, but I guess if FTSE plods slowly upwards then DAX will be there as well.

Didnt see the DAX rise coming but had FTSE as a strong buy late yesterday. Longed at 4422 for +22 this mroning, so maybe no real surprise that DAX moved up as well, though I have to say it was not a buy or sell for me at the close last night. Stuck in no mans land on my trading signal.

new month coming up
and I am involved elsewhere
as Lockstock has gone walkabout (?) would anyone else care to start a thread for February ?

Qaza , how about you ?
you seem a regular trader ?

If we get more moves like today - yes I will !

Am looking at Euro Futures on CME as an insurance policy against Dax volatility staying low.

Has been as low as 18%, now 20.5%

fingers crossed

good luck

Any Ideas on todays rather slow start to the week.

I've only managed on small trade so far, mind you it is ECB week I suppose

Bonsai,

new month coming up
and I am involved elsewhere
as Lockstock has gone walkabout (?) would anyone else care to start a thread for February

Still lurking matey,

Would do Feb, or is that March??

but taking a well earned rest in the Costa del Luz region. :cool:

Last edited:
Been out today and just looked at the intraday graph and see no movement in the market from 10-11.30 today.

The DAX website does not explain why.

Was this a data problem or was the market closed for this period today?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

The Dax has been like that all week really, there is the US unemployment figures out at 1.30pm and G7 meeting is today I think, which may or may not affect the markets, we'll have to wait and see