DAX - January

gawd !
I have been in and out twice since I last posted and still it wont break.

trading range looks more like ftse and ftse looks more like the dax !!

now we are back to where we were an hour ago !

made some but only coppers really compared to ftse.

I guess even dax has its bad days ?

hmmm, this narrower range means there should be a decent move on monday/tuesday, coiled spring and all that.

I'm leaving it alone, down 5 ticks on the day, have a good w/e

DAX is a pain just now, 4 trades today for 27 points, 1 loss of 4 points. Just didnt want to move, seems glued in place.

See what next week brings. Went short 4155 when DOW was tanking and still it hardly budged.

Last edited:
Thanks. Half of it was taken in the move down in the morning. There were two small gaps which I thought would fill and they did.

Not sure what to make of it right now, possibly a bit more slippage to come but at the moment I cant see a big move down. FTSE & DAX look like they will slow the falls on Monday and possibly bounce (more FTSE than DAX). ECB still rumbling on about a possible rate cut could help it back up if € weakens short term, if not and it shows strength again it may stop DAX in its tracks.

Kevin.

So slow to get going. +4 on Fridays short then it takes a dive :rolleyes:

FTSE to me looks like it doesnt have far to fall before it bottoms, no 8.30 bounce today so all eyes on the 9.00 - 9.30 action. I suspect it wouldnt take much to get DAX back up again.

:LOL:

don't say that, you might spoil the fun.

I seem to have been waiting ages for it to break 131

Yesterday was an inside day and narrow range, wonder whether this is a shakeout of the longer term longs below the 42 area.

looks like it has gone a bit dead down here, needs more volume.

my guess is that we might be up through todays highs again soon

DT

I'm finding the dax very tough at the moment.............last week was a real grind, there's just no follow thru to anything.

How did you find last week ?

Qaza

Also finding it very tough, not as volatile as usual.

Just trying not to lose too much, last week I was slightly up on week, haven't started too well this week :-(

Have found it more and more tricky since mid October. Have a look at Dax volatility here, it's dropping fast. It's a question of sticking it out until volatility returns.
All the volatility was in the equity markets, then it moved to bonds and now currencies and commodities, it will return to indexes, but when is anyones guess.

http://de.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=^VDAX&d=c&k=c1&a=v&p=s&t=2y&l=on&z=l&q=b

Last edited:
know what you mean, quite a while since I've logged more that 10 ticks in one trade.

really doesn't want to go lower for the moment, divergence on the bigger charts on the last new highs.

in the mean time zzzzzzzzzz

well I guess everybody is waiting to see if the Dow has finally topped out or not.

certainly struggled at 10650 and not so hot so far today.

"normal transmission will be resumed as soon as possible"

lol