Acer laptop issue

Good to hear foredog, unfortunately not for me. Booted and can move the mouse but click on start and nothing... Can't ctrl, alt + del or anything still....

Hmm... looks like in your case the hard drive may be corrupt though. Have you tried with some kind of other boot disk? I usually put an Ubuntu bootable CD in the drive to test things out. If everything works fine, than the issue might still be software related. It that crashes too, I think you most likely have a serious hardware failure.

Hmm... looks like in your case the hard drive may be corrupt though. Have you tried with some kind of other boot disk? I usually put an Ubuntu bootable CD in the drive to test things out. If everything works fine, than the issue might still be software related. It that crashes too, I think you most likely have a serious hardware failure.

Just trying to reboot to factory settings again nnow via their ctrl, alt + F10 which didn't work last time but is looking more promising this time round. Find out in half hour!

Incidentally, I had an old IBM that wasn't working properly and removed the battery and kept the AC plugged in and that worked too. Strange though!

Hmmmm, 3 times now I have attempted to restore to factory settings only for it to stop every time at 11%

Make that 6!

Last edited:
Hmmmm, 3 times now I have attempted to restore to factory settings only for it to stop every time at 11%

Make that 6!

In my experience all things point towards hard drive malfunction then...

As for the IBM, glad to be of assistance :)