Laptop screen size 10´

Depth Trade

Experienced member
I am thinking about buying an ultra portable, lightweight laptop (Acer-One) and want to know what is the smallest screen size I can go with. I am using Oanda platform and know the order tickets can not be reduced, so I am wanting some feed back from people using Oanda on 8, 10, 12, inch screen sizes.
Any other relevent information welcomed.

You need to look at the number of pixels in the screen rather than the physical size of it.

If you take a screenshot of your current Oanda layout then measure the size of the order tickets in the screenshot this will tell you how many pixels they will take up.

You can try temporarily reduce your current screen resolutions to see how it works on a decreased size...

You need to look at the number of pixels in the screen rather than the physical size of it.

If you take a screenshot of your current Oanda layout then measure the size of the order tickets in the screenshot this will tell you how many pixels they will take up.

You can try temporarily reduce your current screen resolutions to see how it works on a decreased size...
Thanks

I have a samsung NC-10 (10 inch) and oanda is pretty good on it. Everything's clear and you get used to the size of the screen. I don't think i'd want to do less and if you haven't got a computer yet i'd recommend you check out the samsung.

I have a samsung NC-10 (10 inch) and oanda is pretty good on it. Everything's clear and you get used to the size of the screen. I don't think i'd want to do less and if you haven't got a computer yet i'd recommend you check out the samsung.
Thanks Masq, I`ll check it out. I had been thinking of an Acer only because there so cheap$.
I had changed the resolution to match pixel size as Arab mentioned and a 10¨ screen seemed to be OK, I see one can now decrease the size of the Order Ticket to reach the submit or cancel buttons easier.

I am about to order the Dell Mini 10.

It comes with 10.1" WSVGA Truelife Display or you can upgrade to 10.1” HD 16:9 Screen (1366 x 768).

I've got a Samsung NC10 and apart from the weird aspect its more than useful. Only thing is it doesnt have a built in 3g modem but i believe the acer does so I plug it into my mobile or blue tooth it.

As for screen usage, on the oanda setup i have a profile for laptop and i've switched off most of the rubbish such as the table at the top, the quotes on the left.
dont forget that you can setup your tickets as minimised with default sl/tps etc.

One solution is to "pop out" all the important windows and get good at Alt+tab.

I've got a Samsung NC10 and apart from the weird aspect its more than useful. Only thing is it doesnt have a built in 3g modem but i believe the acer does so I plug it into my mobile or blue tooth it.

As for screen usage, on the oanda setup i have a profile for laptop and i've switched off most of the rubbish such as the table at the top, the quotes on the left.
dont forget that you can setup your tickets as minimised with default sl/tps etc.

One solution is to "pop out" all the important windows and get good at Alt+tab.
Thanks Sven, good recommendation about the Default Tickets.