Help me choose my laptop- relaibility, screen size, spec.

catt

I've been using a pc with twin 17" monitors to trade equities via dma with iDealing. I want to try Tradestation for US equities. I swing over days and I'd like to trade from various places, so a laptop would seem the way to go.

After researching the market I've homed in on a few brands that seem to rate highly in reliability, namely HP, Dell, Lenovo, Toshiba and Samsung.

I'd like to know if any of these brands are more reliable. They all carry an upgradable 1 year warranty.

I'd also like some advice about screen size. I'm considering 17" with standard size keyboard or else 15.6" for portability. If I went for the smaller size is it worth going for a HD screen?

The spec I'd like is Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5GHz, 2-4GB RAM, 7200RPM HD. Maybe a separate graphics card as well but I'm not sure why. I'd like a keyboard with standard layout and a screen with good clarity.

I've short-listed Lenovo G550, Idealpad U550, Thinkpad SL500, Dell Vostro 1720, Toshiba Satellite Pro L550-19T, L550-13M, P300-276 which all approximate to what I want.

Has anyone got any of these or similar and can offer any advice? Thanks!

I've been using a pc with twin 17" monitors to trade equities via dma with iDealing. I want to try Tradestation for US equities. I swing over days and I'd like to trade from various places, so a laptop would seem the way to go.

After researching the market I've homed in on a few brands that seem to rate highly in reliability, namely HP, Dell, Lenovo, Toshiba and Samsung.

I'd like to know if any of these brands are more reliable. They all carry an upgradable 1 year warranty.

I'd also like some advice about screen size. I'm considering 17" with standard size keyboard or else 15.6" for portability. If I went for the smaller size is it worth going for a HD screen?

The spec I'd like is Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5GHz, 2-4GB RAM, 7200RPM HD. Maybe a separate graphics card as well but I'm not sure why. I'd like a keyboard with standard layout and a screen with good clarity.

I've short-listed Lenovo G550, Idealpad U550, Thinkpad SL500, Dell Vostro 1720, Toshiba Satellite Pro L550-19T, L550-13M, P300-276 which all approximate to what I want.

Has anyone got any of these or similar and can offer any advice? Thanks!

www.gscreencorp.com

enjoy

Wow Cabb!

......but it's not yet available....only a proto type I think....

Whichever laptop you go for, I can recommend getting a Logitech VX Nano wireless mouse.
A really neat piece of work, and excellent value at around £35-40.

If you are anything like me, those laptop touchpads will drive you nuts.

I am partial to Dells myself - you can customize them pretty easily, and if you get the proper warranty, they will ship out parts and send someone to fix it the next day. I find that hard to beat...