MrSpreadBetting System

Status
Not open for further replies.
May I remind members that this thread is for system testers only as stated earlier in this thread. Please refer to post 17 Any comments on mrspreadbetting system that are unrelated to the testers should be posted to the main thread here

Further "reviews" from members will be deleted or moved to the main thread. 1st post reviews will most certainly be deleted without further warning!

Thanks

As we have been asked to keep the feedback on this thread exclusive to the 3 who were officially selected to review the Mr SpreadBetting Strategy, for those of you interested I will be posting the update to my initial review after following the strategy for the last 2 weeks on the following thread here as requested by Lightning McQueen.

I find a posting where someone declares they're going to set up a journal (November 2008) to give an honest unbiased assessment on this manual/system. I spend the best part of an hour trawling through 15 pages of the journal only to find out he hasn't even started yet - that's why I was pissed off. OK there are personal reasons so I suppose an apology is in order; so now I've cooled down, here it is - "sorry".

I dont seem to have the luxury of time some of you have so I'm off to buy myself a copy and walk the walk.

Good luck to you all.

Lightning McQueen please forgive me for that which I am about to do. Liberati, I hear what you are saying and I say this in as kind a manner as I can. This community was set up to help a lot of folk who are different ranges of experience especially quasi-beginners such as myself. Now folk like Trader Dante have contributed so much to this community and I find it disrespectful and plain darn pointless to be raving about his inability to fulfil things as he intially planned to. Relax, he took time to try help us and give an objective view, things popped up and for matters which have already been stated he is unable to fulfil things as initially desired. Breathe and enjoy the book.

Lightning McQueen please forgive me for that which I am about to do. Liberati, I hear what you are saying and I say this in as kind a manner as I can. This community was set up to help a lot of folk who are different ranges of experience especially quasi-beginners such as myself. Now folk like Trader Dante have contributed so much to this community and I find it disrespectful and plain darn pointless to be raving about his inability to fulfil things as he intially planned to. Relax, he took time to try help us and give an objective view, things popped up and for matters which have already been stated he is unable to fulfil things as initially desired. Breathe and enjoy the book.

And if you want to see just how much Trader Dante has contributed, have a look at one of his threads Making Money Trading, in my opinion one of the best threads on this forum. If you haven't already looked at this thread I would highly recommend it .... there is plenty to learn on here.

Cheers
MM

Thanks Phenyo. The other thing to bear in mind is that testing the system won't really prove a lot as an edge needs to work over time.

I might trade it for three weeks and be flat or slightly down and put everyone off buying it or I might make an absolute killing down to market conditions or chance (statistical variability) and get everyone to buy it when the next month it dramatically fails. I didn't really consider this fully at the beginning as I am not a systems trader.

I think you guys would be much better off going over to MrSB's forum and reading or writing to the people that trade it day in and day out as they have been and will be trading it longer than I would anyway.

Besides that, I do believe that most systems work as long as you can cut your losers quickly and ride your winners - I think is true even on trading off a coin toss. This system and in particular the stocks it picks, gives you the ability to do that so I would have no hesitation to recommend it to people that are looking for a structure.

For the money you get:

- A good introduction to the markets and how they move
- A solid idea of how to approach this business
- An idea of what characteristics you need to suceed
- A system that at best case makes you money, at worst case, gives you a solid structure on which to build on
- Ideas of price action setups for day and swing trading that will compliment the system or again, give you ideas to incorporate into your trading
- A solid emphasis on risk management which really underpins successful trading

Thank you for the feedback Trader Dante. Yes thanks for that reference Mince I worked through that one some time back and it proved to be an exellent education, I need to re-read it.

Thank you for the feedback Trader Dante. Yes thanks for that reference Mince I worked through that one some time back and it proved to be an exellent education, I need to re-read it.

Congrats, it must have taken you some time to get through it. All the best with the trading.

I love the system, placed first proper trades on Tesco and easy jet to day , using the proper rules the easy jet share went side ways, and tesco went down which i wanted, the system gives you a proven effective system to start trading, from scratch, its worth the money and future developments to make the system better, so all in all its worth the money and great forum, of support which will be even, more supportive to becoming effective traders.

Quesion

I've been following the MrSpreadBetting System thread with interest as have many by what I can see as I (and I assume with everyone on here) want to become a successful trader.

I have read many books, articles and threads (for example trader-dante's how to make money trading) to learn what I can about trading (I have about 2 1/2 years experience). I have purchased 2 systems from others which has also been useful in developing my experience. I have tried various trading methods but am yet to find a trading strategy that suits me (from a time available and funding perspective) and is consistently profitable. This thread has got plenty of interest from others due to the fact it could help the likes of me become consistently profitable. I'm not saying it will but those that have applied the methods appear to be getting some success.

So, I'd like to thank MrSB for offering the system for review and those who have reviewed (including Mincemeat) have provided us with a good insight of what is on offer if you buy this system. I think you have all done a fantastic job considering when you offer up your (free) time etc on here you do open yourself up for so criticism from others which is sad. Especially when it appears you are only trying to help the less experienced traders (like myself).

Anyway, the reason for my post was that I wanted to ask a question to trader_dante and trader333 (as experienced traders) (Aston and mincemeat I don't mean to insult you if you fit into this category as I'm not sure of your trading experience and if you feel you can answer the question feel free).

Trader_Dante and Trader333, based on your experience of your journey from being a novice to and experienced trader, if you had had this system available to you when you first started out:
1. Would it have help you understand trading better and given you the foundations to become who you are today (as traders)?
2. Would it have helped you in the short term (of your trading career)? I.e.. Being consistently profitable
3. Would it have helped you in the medium to long term (of you trading career)? i.e. becoming the trading guru's you are today as well as consistently profitable (I'm sure someone can be consistently profitable for long periods without becoming a guru (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong))

The reason for the third question one was that maybe if this system had of been available you may have become a different type of trader, or perceived you would have become a different type of trader.

Hope this makes sense.

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Glen

if you had had this system available to you when you first started out:
1. Would it have help you understand trading better and given you the foundations to become who you are today (as traders)?

Yes it would have helped me to have an improved understanding of trading. It is difficult to say if it would have given me the foundations as to who I am today as that has been a journey that I could not have foreseen and has had many influences on it.

2. Would it have helped you in the short term (of your trading career)? I.e.. Being consistently profitable

I believe it would so long as you have the discipline to do it.

3. Would it have helped you in the medium to long term (of you trading career)? i.e. becoming the trading guru's you are today as well as consistently profitable (I'm sure someone can be consistently profitable for long periods without becoming a guru (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong))

Yes but only as one of many other studies in trading that I have undertaken and that is quite large. A such it is only a small part of the total but a good place to start in my view.

Paul

Paul,

Thanks for your reply/thoughts.

Glen

Thanks for asking these questions Glen. I have recently started on this journey and am trying to pre-read and research as well as I can so that I don't end up making expensive avoidable mistakes. So your intelligent questions and Paul's insightful answers have been of great help. :)

Equally, I would like to take this opportunity to thank trader_dante, aston, mincemeat and others who contribute and share their experiences.

Cheerio!!

Just bought Davie's system off Amazon, I'll have a stab at doing a wide ranging and full review once used for a month. Will probably start March 1st; if the past week or so are anything to go by it wouldn't get my full attention if I simply dived in over the next week but we'll see.

Will either use through the month singularly, or use along-side my normal trading 'style', or lack of it :D

Keep you posted.

Just bought Davie's system off Amazon, I'll have a stab at doing a wide ranging and full review once used for a month. Will probably start March 1st; if the past week or so are anything to go by it wouldn't get my full attention if I simply dived in over the next week but we'll see.

Will either use through the month singularly, or use along-side my normal trading 'style', or lack of it :D

Keep you posted.

Bought off E-Bay not Amazon. Been one of those weeks...:confused:

Hi everyone. Ive reading this with interest - are there any more reviews or trading reports/profitability experiences to come? Also, looked it up on amazon - its selling for £88 now isnt it?

Hi everyone. Ive reading this with interest - are there any more reviews or trading reports/profitability experiences to come? Also, looked it up on amazon - its selling for £88 now isnt it?

Yes it is indeed selling for £88; this is because after Monday it will apparently not be available on Amazon any more. Word around the camp fire is that Mr Spreadbetting is bringing out an improved manual covering most if not all markets. I do not know much about it but it appears that the new system/ manual will be available on Monday.

I am yet to review the manual I have no idea about it however I think if you look at earlier posts in this this thread you will begin to gather an idea for what its about. I do not know what the rules on this forum are pertaining to posting external links. Thus so as to avoid any problems, I will say google mr spreadbetting and check some of the resources which surface there.

My advice is read some of the threads here and decide if its for you, its definitely no silver bullet but may help in giving those starting out some form of basis/ framework. Be aware that what may work for some may not work for others. You and I may both be brilliant athletes yet you may prefer Reebok spikes where as I prefer Nike spikes.

There is a hell of a lot very sound advice here too for those of us starting up and I would read about a little before making any costly purchases of any kind.

I am yet to review the manual I have no idea about it however I think if you look at earlier posts in this this thread you will begin to gather an idea for what its about. I do not know what the rules on this forum are pertaining to posting external links. Thus so as to avoid any problems, I will say google mr spreadbetting and check some of the resources which surface there.

My advice is read some of the threads here and decide if its for you, its definitely no silver bullet but may help in giving those starting out some form of basis/ framework. Be aware that what may work for some may not work for others. You and I may both be brilliant athletes yet you may prefer Reebok spikes where as I prefer Nike spikes.

There is a hell of a lot very sound advice here too for those of us starting up and I would read about a little before making any costly purchases of any kind.

Hi,

Well as stated on the other thread about 'me' I will be bringing out a new course on Monday that comes with all of the extras like nightly videos(everyday) of the days set ups and my analysis of open trades, aswell as weekly video reviews on the major indexes and forex market.
Plus I will be launching my LIVE trading room very soon where people can join in and watch me trade the forex market live!
Also included with the new course is 100% full support via email, webinars, & my forum. And also a weekly newsletter with the weeks trading reoprt and what we may see in the coming week. So I can't stress this enough, that with the new course its more than just a manual and 3 CD's its all of these extra things that will also provide ongoing training/support, in order to help you become a better trader.

My techniques are for spread betting and forex trading only.

I may also provide a copy to one of the respected members of this forum to review it on T2W. I hold nothing back, and I have nothing to hide.

If one of the respected members wishes to do this then please contact me or make a post.

Davie

Hi,

Well as stated on the other thread about 'me' I will be bringing out a new course on Monday that comes with all of the extras like nightly videos(everyday) of the days set ups and my analysis of open trades, aswell as weekly video reviews on the major indexes and forex market.
Plus I will be launching my LIVE trading room very soon where people can join in and watch me trade the forex market live!
Also included with the new course is 100% full support via email, webinars, & my forum. And also a weekly newsletter with the weeks trading reoprt and what we may see in the coming week. So I can't stress this enough, that with the new course its more than just a manual and 3 CD's its all of these extra things that will also provide ongoing training/support, in order to help you become a better trader.

My techniques are for spread betting and forex trading only.

I may also provide a copy to one of the respected members of this forum to review it on T2W. I hold nothing back, and I have nothing to hide.

If one of the respected members wishes to do this then please contact me or make a post.

Davie
Davie
If you would like me to review your course I will gladly do so.
LII

Status
Not open for further replies.