Pope's Indicator Trading Tool

vicktor

I just discovered due to my (awful) experience a new powerful market indicator. In 1978 a new Pope was elected, and a mass of people arrived in Rome to celebrate the event. Shortly after, in October of the same year, the DJ IA plunged 500 points in one day and I lost a bundle. But then on another try and up to January 2000 I was making a mint of money, doing very well, but in January, the Pope had his Jubilee, and about 2 million people madea mad crash into Rome and shorty after in March 2000, the market started to crash and I again lost a bundle. Again, now, due to the death of the Pope, now about 4 million arrived in Rome, and well, even with other technical indicators, it looks like this secular bear market has had it again. I don't know if the jinx, or hex is due to the Pope, or the fact that a mass of people head to Rome!! . I mean no offense to the Pope, but this is getting ridiculous. Take heed, this could be a new powerful indicator. I figure, the crash should happen in the next 9 days or so, when again, a mass-mess of people will arrive to celebrate the elections of a new Pope. Beware!! ...

Last edited:
commanderco said:
VICKTOR
3 signals in 26 years ... you sure that you are not over trading!!!

LOL..
Hmm, Well, you might have good advice there.. But, I'm a bit superstitious, so beware of the next 9 days when they elect a new Pope and another mass of people come in again to Rome....

I think I'm going to cash..instead of crash... :>))

Bigbusiness said:
Looks like it has happened again :)

To All..this is what I wrote on April 9, ...

>>Hmm, Well, you might have good advice there.. But, I'm a bit superstitious, so beware of the next 9 days when they elect a new Pope and another mass of people come in again to Rome....
I think I'm going to cash..instead of crash... :>))<<<<

You see it happend...coincidence...??? Maybe, who knows!

BTW I'm in cash...Floating Rate fund really..!! I think I'll stay there at least during the summer months..

Joules MM1 said:
I just Poped in to see how your indicator was going. Heavens above, it works. Ive spoken to a few papal recently and they agree that this kind of coincidence is uncanny. You must find it a real cross to bear to have this knowledge. There's a divining line between heaven and hell and maybe you could re-write the Da Vinci code. I am a man of the cloth myself. Pierre Cardin is my fave.

Well done.

Well, get this stuff, talk about being superstitious.!! I live in Rome, and they havea lottery in Italy, it' based on trying to select one, or two, or three, or four or five numbers (balls). It has 90 numbers in the wheel. There are 7 cities that manage the lottery. Ffor instance if you guess say two numbers out of five numbers from the Venice wheel, or Naples wheel etc, then you win a nice sum of money. Well, as you know the Pope lived in Rome. So, some people will dream of numbers or try to guess what numbers to play by the dreams book, or what happened to them during the day, etc. The number 58 represents the Pope and the number 81 represents praying. Well, the numbers that came out from the ROME wheel this past week was 58-81. I never play those lotteries, but a lot here do. Maybe that too is coincidence, I mean, the Pope being number 58, there was a lot of praying and that represents the number 81 and of course it all took place in Rome. Go figure I guess!! .. Anyway, market wise, I'm now in floating rate funds, I think I'll cool it for at least after the summer months. Besides I'm pretty much a failure in investing even though I've tried for over 40 years. That March 2000, started it all, since then it's been murder all the way for me. Even my long term funds killed me. IOW, I can't make a dime and I tried all kinds of methods..nothing works for me. Maybe after the Pope is elected the market might have a chance bullish wise, who knows..

Ahhhh so thats where the money went from the DJ IA, to pay for all the winning lottery ticket holders. Looks like the usual magnets inside the balls didnt do their job on this occasion !!! :cheesy:

Amazing this thread has only 200 or so views, and meanwhile the "where is the dow going in 2005" thread has 50,000 hehehe (i know the dow thread has been going on longer, before anyone points that out) So ! have we been guided here by yours truely to witness such important information ?

Well done indeed viktor.

Downhill!!! I'm afraid so..

Maybe I'll go to Las Vegas and try the crap tables.. :>)

Is this the commencement of the big bust ? Lots of things lining up... I hope not, I need law & order to be able to spend my money peacefully !

Perrington said:
Ahhhh so thats where the money went from the DJ IA, to pay for all the winning lottery ticket holders. Looks like the usual magnets inside the balls didn't do their job on this occasion !!! :cheesy:

Amazing this thread has only 200 or so views, and meanwhile the "where is the dow going in 2005" thread has 50,000 hehehe (i know the dow thread has been going on longer, before anyone points that out) So ! have we been guided here by yours truely to witness such important information ?

Well done indeed viktor.
--------------------------
Well, you might be familiar with the Italian lottery? For many years they went on with a silly trick right in front of a TV audience. They would wheel the balls in a basket, and inside the balls as they were selected and opened was a number (1 to 90). The balls are actually pretty heavy since they are made of metal. They would have a child, blindfolded, to reach in the basket and select the five balls for each city where the lottery took place. Using a child makes it look innocent. Except that the child in each city (these guys sure know how to organize), the child was actually a member of the families running the lottery. Also, they would tell the child to try to select the balls that had a rough surface and/or the ones that were somewhat warm to the touch. (or not warm, which ever the case may be). Yes, they would actually heat the balls up before the lottery. Since they were metal, it would hold the heat. So, the family members would knew to make a wheeled lottery where say 10 numbers were favorites, so by chance, the child would at least manage to select two balls or more that were either warm (or cold) to the touch or rough surface or/and smooth to the touch...

Millions in all the years were ripped off. Now they still do the same, a child selects the balls, but well, I don't knew what trick their now using, but rest assured, they doing something. :>)))

Years before TV, they would announce it all on radio, but in some of the cities, they would first select the balls, then certain people in the organization would get a telephone call at a bar where the lottery is played, the would quickly play the lottery, since the results and announcements to the public were delayed by a number of minutes. The amazing thing is that the people didn't catch on for many years..

Now something similar is being done with the stock market, hey, don't they call that "Insiders too"?? :>))

Perrington said:
Is this the commencement of the big bust ? Lots of things lining up... I hope not, I need law & order to be able to spend my money peacefully !

A very long time ago, I used to do the manual hand charting, all kinds of Technical analysis stuff, the typical patterns, etc. Well, while experimenting, I suddenly came across something that seemed to work, but based on long term results. I still keep track of it with the computer days of course. Take any chart and any stock, but above all, the stock MUST have earnings, no matter how small the earnings.. Do not do this with stocks that show no earnings. Look at the chart going back say 2 or more years so you can see highs and lows. Look at the last "PREVIOUS" high of the stock. For instance, let's say " previous" high was 50, then take 1/2 of 1/2 of it. IOW, 25% of the previous high. more or less, and that would show you an "AREA" of "ABOUT" 12.5 (in this case). Even if you threw darts and did not study the fundamentals of the stock except for the fact that it has to have earnings, that would be the stock to buy, no matter if the over all market was high or low, bull or bearish. It doesn't matter, just buy the stock at about the 25% area and hang on. Of course you don't want to buy just one stock since this is to be a part of a portfolio, so you should invest in about 5 or more of these stocks that qualify for that 25% theory. If you built a portfolio of them very shortly there will be an almost rise in th portfolio. OK, if you don't believe this or are pretty skeptical, then get your chart book out, and go over all kinds of charts and see the previous high, that is about 25% of it and see where the AREA of the stock stops declining. I'll bet you will get 75% or more that will stop in the area of 25%. This is no bible of course, but then in using trend and technical analysis, if you see that the stock earnings have gone negative, then sell that stock, but keep the ones that have at least a tiny amount or greater amount of earnings. See if that works for you. I would like to hear from your experiments.

Dow 500 pt drop

Hi Vicktor

An interesting post.

I havent checked the facts or finer details on what you have said about the past pope details , market info or other posts on this thread other than to see when the Dow dropped 500 pts in a day.

In 1978 the range of the Dow for the whole year was only about 170 points.
it ranged between about 907 and 742.

I can only see it fell about 500 points in a day on 28th oct 1997..

Can you confirm if this was the date that you referred to in relation to the last Pope.

Pete

vicktor said:
I just discovered due to my (awful) experience a new powerful market indicator. In 1978 a new Pope was elected, and a mass of people arrived in Rome to celebrate the event. Shortly after, in October of the same year, the DJ IA plunged 500 points in one day and I lost a bundle. But then on another try and up to January 2000 I was making a mint of money, doing very well, but in January, the Pope had his Jubilee, and about 2 million people madea mad crash into Rome and shorty after in March 2000, the market started to crash and I again lost a bundle. Again, now, due to the death of the Pope, now about 4 million arrived in Rome, and well, even with other technical indicators, it looks like this secular bear market has had it again. I don't know if the jinx, or hex is due to the Pope, or the fact that a mass of people head to Rome!! . I mean no offense to the Pope, but this is getting ridiculous. Take heed, this could be a new powerful indicator. I figure, the crash should happen in the next 9 days or so, when again, a mass-mess of people will arrive to celebrate the elections of a new Pope. Beware!! ...

Peter said:
Hi Vicktor

An interesting post.

I havent checked the facts or finer details on what you have said about the past pope details , market info or other posts on this thread other than to see when the Dow dropped 500 pts in a day.

In 1978 the range of the Dow for the whole year was only about 170 points.
it ranged between about 907 and 742.

I can only see it fell about 500 points in a day on 28th oct 1997..

Can you confirm if this was the date that you referred to in relation to the last Pope.

Pete
---------------------------
Pete,Your absolutely right and I was dead wrong, it wasn't 1978 but in October 19, 1987, 18 years ago and it had nothing to do with any of the Popes movements. :>). They called that one Black Monday. On the Tuesday, I reported in that morning to work, and I was told, of the 500 points drop. I was in Saudi at the time, I went to the office where they control our funds, but it was too late to do much good, the damage was done. It wasn't until 1989 that it was really classified and a full recovery.

Again, the market crashed October 27(28?) October, 1997, dropped 350 points triggered the circuit breaker to stop trading, reopened later, and then dropped another 200 points to end the day at 550 down. That 350 points trigger was implemented because of the 1987 crash.

Then again in April 2000, the NASDAQ and Dow dropped 500 and 471 respectively. They called that one Black Tuesday. I was heavy in on March 2000, Fidelity funds, again, the fast drop caused me a loss. Thanks for the correction and reminder..

The experience comes first, the lessons later.

The new pope is 78, so we might not have so long to wait for the next time this indicator is in action.

I tremble every time the Vatican comes out to do something. Recommend reading.

The Vatican Exposed.
ISBN: 1591020654
Publisher: Prometheus Books

vicktor said:
I tremble every time the Vatican comes out to do something. Recommend reading.

The Vatican Exposed.
ISBN: 1591020654
Publisher: Prometheus Books

Fer instance?