Do you really understand Money and Banking System

tradingknowledge

... or are you too stupid to figure out according to top banker below :)

From bankhonesty.com/jfk.shtml
http://www.bankhonesty.com/jfk.shtml

A top banker said "If the American people ever copy a brochure exposing this secret and the masses of Americans learn the truth, they would hang the bankers for what we did to them - and they would vote to follow the US Constitution. "

Then he laughed and said, the American people are too stupid to figure out what we have done to them.

---------
Related quotes:

PELATIAH WEBSTER
"Paper money polluted the equity of our laws, turned them into engines of oppression, corrupted the justice of our public administration, destroyed the fortunes of thousands who had confidence in it, enervated the trade, husbandry, and manufactures of our country, and went far to destroy the morality of our people."

PRESIDENT WOODROW WILSON
"A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the Nation and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the world--no longer a government of free opinion, no longer a government of conviction, and vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress, of small groups of dominant men." Just before President Woodrow Wilson died, he is reported to have stated to friends that he had been "deceived" and that "I have betrayed my Country". referring to the Federal Reserve Act, passed during his Presidency.

POPE PIUS XI
"In the first place, then, it is patent that in our days, not wealth alone is accumulated, but immense power and despotic economic domination are concentrated in the hands of the few, who for the most part are not the owners but only the trustees and directors of invested funds, which they administer at their own good pleasure. This domination is most powerfully exercised by those who, because they hold and control money, also govern credit and determine its allotment, for that reason supplying so to speak, the life blood of the entire economic body, and grasping in their hands, as it were, the very soul of production, so that no one can breathe against their will."

ROTHSCHILDS BROS. OF LONDON
"Those few who can understand the system (check book money and credit) will either be so interested in its profits, or so dependent on it favors, that there will be little opposition from that class, while on the other hand, the great body of people mentally incapable of comprehending the tremendous advantage that capital derives from the system, will bear it burdens without complaint, and perhaps without even suspecting that the system is inimical to their interests."

It's a shame that the Manual is so expensive, as I'm sure that it would make an interesting read. Any ideas how we can profit directly from this knowledge ?

rog1111

tradingknowledge, had a look at that website. Fascinating read not sure how true it all is but definitely makes you think. Sounds like a lot of conspiracy theories dreamt up by a person holding a grudge. But I have observed that capitalist countries seem to be geared up for making the ordinary person in debt. Everything priced so high, so much debt.. it does seem like an excellent way to keep the ordinary citizen down.

Being taxed to death, having to get loans out for everything because everything is priced so high. Several of the loans I had are rediculous. After paying loads out per month for my mortgage I found out recently that I had only actually paid off several thousands! When I enquired about clearing a debt I was shocked to find out that, what with 'penalties' for early payment!?! I had actually only paid off a few hundred quid. The banks and the governments certainly do seem to be milking us all. Modern society isn't interested in producing free, independent, fulfilled human beings.. its interested only in making us a slave to the system to feed off us.

I think most structures in a capitalist country is there to shackle us, and I think it is true for the financial markets too. We are waved a few carrots to keep us deluded into thinking this is normal and we are free, but its all a con. The markets are geared to make us lose, but it 'allows' some to win if they can figure it out. You've got to give the shackled slaves some 'proof; that they are really free and if they fail its their fault otherwise there would be revolution and the powers that be can't have that. If we were all to raise up we could take over! However, if history is anything to go by the people would merely create another tyrant to replace the old one. Maybe most people like to feel cozy and willingly delude themselves.

If everyone started to make a lot of money in the financial markets you can bet your bottom dollar that it would be closed down! Infact, in several companies trading IS illegal. Can't have people not working and being in debt can we?

Its always refreshing to look on society, life in general, and ask yourself: Is this the only way? Who is benefiting from this.. is it us or is it them?

Interesting article in the torygraph today about competition in UK banking. He does however say that "the gap between what banks pay and what they earn by lending has hardly changed
in five years"
Most people assume the banks earn their margin on this difference but under the system of fractional reserve banking the banks only have ?10% or so in reserve and therefore keep a substantial amount more of the sum paid to them in interest.

pkfryer said:
tradingknowledge, had a look at that website. Fascinating read not sure how true it all is but definitely makes you think. Sounds like a lot of conspiracy theories dreamt up by a person holding a grudge. But I have observed that capitalist countries seem to be geared up for making the ordinary person in debt. Everything priced so high, so much debt.. it does seem like an excellent way to keep the ordinary citizen down.

Being taxed to death, having to get loans out for everything because everything is priced so high. Several of the loans I had are rediculous. After paying loads out per month for my mortgage I found out recently that I had only actually paid off several thousands! When I enquired about clearing a debt I was shocked to find out that, what with 'penalties' for early payment!?! I had actually only paid off a few hundred quid. The banks and the governments certainly do seem to be milking us all. Modern society isn't interested in producing free, independent, fulfilled human beings.. its interested only in making us a slave to the system to feed off us.

I think most structures in a capitalist country is there to shackle us, and I think it is true for the financial markets too. We are waved a few carrots to keep us deluded into thinking this is normal and we are free, but its all a con. The markets are geared to make us lose, but it 'allows' some to win if they can figure it out. You've got to give the shackled slaves some 'proof; that they are really free and if they fail its their fault otherwise there would be revolution and the powers that be can't have that. If we were all to raise up we could take over! However, if history is anything to go by the people would merely create another tyrant to replace the old one. Maybe most people like to feel cozy and willingly delude themselves.

If everyone started to make a lot of money in the financial markets you can bet your bottom dollar that it would be closed down! Infact, in several companies trading IS illegal. Can't have people not working and being in debt can we?

Its always refreshing to look on society, life in general, and ask yourself: Is this the only way? Who is benefiting from this.. is it us or is it them?
I have only just seen this, PK.

You must be the only member out of two who has this view.

I keep on telling 'em, but they either do not grab it or do not want to. Amazing innit ?

Even if one has to resort to use of the vernacular is it not a worthwhile sacrifice just to see if the message lands ? You know what I mean, PK......

freestyle said:
Interesting article in the torygraph today about competition in UK banking. He does however say that "the gap between what banks pay and what they earn by lending has hardly changed
in five years"
Most people assume the banks earn their margin on this difference but under the system of fractional reserve banking the banks only have ?10% or so in reserve and therefore keep a substantial amount more of the sum paid to them in interest.
Listen, I am not letting the wife see this. They are already frightened enough as it is, thank you very much, without her being further stirred by this. I have to restrain her from storming into the bank and complaining loudly every time they promote high interest savings on the TV.

It is a pity that it is almost impossible to cut banks out of the equation, as the system is designed to ensure that everyone must have a bank account in order to pay their bills and consume. A mattress bulging with cash is a possible, if very inconvenient option, but of course the value of the money erodes and the chance of losing it through theft is increased. Most people also need to borrow large sums of money to secure their home and at the moment the only way to do this is to beg it from the banks. They of course borrow our savings and then lend them back to us at a higher rate.

However I saw an interesting new idea in the Sunday Times about a new facility which allows individuals to lend to or borrow from other individuals, thus removing the middle man. A potential lender can choose a level of risk depending on prospective borrowers credit ratings and then the money is spread across a number of borrowers to further minimise the risk of default. The idea is of course that both parties enjoy a better rate of interest than offered by the high street sharks, while the website owner enjoys a small commission for proividing the infrastructure. It's a little like eBay and I'd like to see it succeed, though I dare say the government will be lobbied heavily by vested interests and they will find some way of ensuring its failure.

That is why I agree with what PK says up there.

But I think to follow his reasoning in the second last paragraph he asks {QUOTE} "Can't have people not working and being in debt, can we ?" UNQUOTE.

Is this a typo or does he mean "Can't have people working and not being in debt, can we ?"

or alternatively,

"Can't have people not working, and not being in debt, can we ?"

Kind Regards.

frugi said:
However I saw an interesting new idea in the Sunday Times about a new facility which allows individuals to lend to or borrow from other individuals, thus removing the middle man. A potential lender can choose a level of risk depending on prospective borrowers credit ratings and then the money is spread across a number of borrowers to further minimise the risk of default.
Sounds similar to 'credit unions.' Someone still has to be paid to process the transactions, but those costs have gone way down because of computers, and most of these organizations are non-profits, sponsored (started and guaranteed) by a large local employer, gov. agency, or university. It used to be that only people associated with the sponsor could join and benefit, but our laws here in the US must have changed, because I was able to join one recently and I have no connection with the sponsor.
JO

frugi said:
I saw an interesting new idea in the Sunday Times about a new facility which allows individuals to lend to or borrow from other individuals, thus removing the middle man.
Funnily enough (for a country so overrun with banks) that's exactly what they often do in the Bahamas. The practice of arranging a "private mortgage" there is very widespread indeed.

frugi said:
but of course the value of the money erodes and the chance of losing it through theft is increased.
The value erodes because the government chooses to devalue the currency. There is a wonderful little book called "whatever happened to penny candy?" that explains how this takes place. You can get it at amazon.

Most people also need to borrow large sums of money to secure their home and at the moment the only way to do this is to beg it from the banks.
I bought and sold several homes, with their attendant mortgages, before I realized that this is not true. One can do without a mortgage, if one is willing to live below their means, rent a while, and then purchase or build a little cottage in an area with a low cost of living. If you look about patiently, there is usually an owner who wants to get out and is willing to finance part of the transaction themselves, just to be rid of the place they no longer want or need.

Most people just aren't willing to consider anything different than what the Jone's are doing. They want a show place, nice cars and clothes, and they are willing to be in debt to make it happen. It seems a sad story.
JO

This desire for a show place, nice cars and clothes and so on and a willinglness to be in debt for is a sugar coating for the bitterest of pills people are apt to administer themselves. It does not make their lives better, if anything it seems to make things worse. From an aspiring trader's point of view, particularly, it presents a huge obstacle to success, a huge problem. As this problem is not frequently discussed it remains unrecognised.

The problem is as follows:~

People are prone to placing themselves on treadmills to acquire what they percieve to be material wealth, but in large measure what they acquire is substantial debt to support and underpin what they acquire.

Much of what they acquire it seems is done so without regard to the cost. By the time they realise they are heavily committed to HP and Credit Cards and big mortgages it is too late to unravel the morass. Because credit is easy to obtain, and because everything is available it is a natural thing for people to take advantage of what they percieve as a system there to provide them with goodies. In many cases this baggage is very heavy, and what is worse, the carrier is so committed to carrying it that it cannot be let go of.

When confronted with an opportunity to clear all of this through what they percieve to be an unconventional route they are delighted. Anyone who is overburdened with committments would respond in the same way if they were able to tangibly percieve a way out. This in itself is a huge trap for the unwary, the impatient. The impatient are not made impatient by others, they succeed in rendering themselves impatient. This propensity tor the self renderment of impatience when aspiring to evolve as a trader can be disastrous. The need for the use of time to develop properly is disregarded in a stampede to acquire results immediately.

As if love of money on its own were not detrimental enough, this is another variable involving very deep rooted impatience that is detrimental to the evolvement of a trader. It results in many cases like the story of the tortoise and the hare. When the story does not have a happy ending, this is often a root cause that's responsible, but not discussed, and linked to unjustified expectation.

"People are prone to placing themselves on treadmills "..if you think of the process most people go through from infancy onwards it's hardly surprising that this is a common outcome...from the moment you are born there are hands in your wallet and the acceptable concept of so called civilised society prepares a well trodden path which if followed guarantees that those hands stay right there for the rest of your life ...the simple fact is 'this'(our organised society) is not all there for our individual benefit..it simply represents the fact that we like any animal group feed off each other and the rules are set to preserve the way that happens rather to allow you as an individual to prosper..personally in any interaction I ask who benefits and specifically what are the benefits arising..if I don't like the answer I walk..how does this relate to banking and money..LOL think about it ;)