Who do you respect most in the money world ?

Pat494

Legendary member
14,215 1,469
I suppose one should give credit where credit is due but refine it down to which actual people have a lifestyle and ideas similar to one's own and who one could use as a template for one's own endeavours. Success and wealth are the important features. Helping others by discussing their own methods to achieve success is also a valuable part of the whole.

So who is your favourite person and why ?

Pat494

Legendary member
14,215 1,469
People like Warren Buffett or Steve Jobs must be at the top.
Maybe past characters like Nelson Rockefeller who gave 10% of his earnings to his local church to redistribute. Or Andrew Carnegie the poor Scots lad who made a fortune in the USA and went on to donate whole public libraries around the world.
Perhaps someone who has a similar personality as yourself or what you would like to be. Maybe a rich heavyweight like Trump who dives into politics and stirs them up, in his flamboyant style.

Last edited:

Pat494

Legendary member
14,215 1,469
Maybe he ought to buy a bio company that is working on rejuvenating old age !!

Pat494

Legendary member
14,215 1,469
The phenominal rise of Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon must take pole position currently. World's richest man and recently donated $12 billion to good causes. Perhaps one of them would be to equip a ship to scoop up the garbage floating around in the world's oceans.

Sharim

39 4
I want to warn you right away that this is not about politics, but about the man of business, so that there would be no unnecessary noise. But I am definitely attracted to Donald Trump. I think this man succeeds in everything he has to do with the same thing, he's a great strategist. He is not afraid of difficulties or ambiguous situations, he behaves strictly enough with his partners and so-called enemies, while always keeping calm and behaving as relaxed as possible. I don't think it's always easy for him, I don't think he's as impudent as I think he is, it's more of an image or a role, but he copes with it just miraculously. I think that despite this man's age, there's still a lot to be done. And he definitely has a few more trumps that he can surprise each of us, sorry about the pun...

Pat494

Legendary member
14,215 1,469
A great pity Bloomberg made such a mess of his campaign to be President.
He has already done a lot for the planet though unlike some super rich.

Dujin333

12 1
I can't say that I am attracted to specific individuals or that I have an idol, but rather that I like the way people act in certain situations. For example, I like it when a businessman does not agree to the terms that are offered to him in order to reduce his importance and influence, but continues to keep what is beneficial for him. Here you can even draw an analogy with trading, when we give up and let go, and in a couple of hours it turns out that we just had to be stronger and wait for a certain instability. I think that I am inspired by people who are constantly looking for something new and interesting, I am always impressed by some original developments and experiments that prove that our possibilities are almost limitless. I think we can do whatever we want, the main thing is to believe in ourselves and our strength.

Adoralmeena

49 3
Well, it is definitely Robert Kiyosaki, because his legendary book just turned my idea of business and what you can do if you just treat finance not as a consumer but as a businessman and constantly make money work for you. By the way, I read this book several times and every time I found something new in it for me. And this is while the book is written in accessible language and allows everyone to plunge into the world of investment and competent business. I think I can recommend this book to everyone, regardless of whether you are going to trade professionally or have any other plans for life. It will allow you to understand at the end of your life that everything was not in vain, and you were able to provide a comfortable existence for yourself and your loved ones. Oh, and by the way, the name is rich dad, poor dad. And I think everyone's gonna love it.

Nowler

Experienced member
1,027 89
I've only got one... two by association.

"Charlie & I" (Buffet & Munger)

This is not even really about the vast fortune Buffet has amassed over a long track record, but rather his attitude and temperament. What a nice guy! The money doesn't seem to have changed his personality at all.

And by association, Munger. If he's liked by Warren, then he's liked by me. I love looking at their shareholder meetings. The two of them are adorable! haha
Charlie doesn't talk much, but when he does, it's my kind of language.

It's sad to think that these two wont be around much longer. What a sad day that will be.

J Livermore

71 19
I suppose one should give credit where credit is due but refine it down to which actual people have a lifestyle and ideas similar to one's own and who one could use as a template for one's own endeavours. Success and wealth are the important features. Helping others by discussing their own methods to achieve success is also a valuable part of the whole.

So who is your favourite person and why ?
For me, I’d have to say William J. O’neil of Market Wizards and Investor’s Business Daily fame.

I met him in the late 80’s when I was taking an investment course that he and David Ryan (also of Market Wizards) were teaching. When it was time to go to the dining room for lunch break, William O’neil luckily chose my table to sit at so I got to engage him in personal conversation for around a half hour or so.

One of the things I like most about him is that he practices what he preaches. He firmly believes that traders should remain humble and not allow the markets or success to give you an ego. That in my opinion is a difficult thing for traders to accomplish.

Reactions: Nowler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock