Who do you respect most in the money world ?

Pat494

Legendary member
I suppose one should give credit where credit is due but refine it down to which actual people have a lifestyle and ideas similar to one's own and who one could use as a template for one's own endeavours. Success and wealth are the important features. Helping others by discussing their own methods to achieve success is also a valuable part of the whole.

So who is your favourite person and why ?

People like Warren Buffett or Steve Jobs must be at the top.
Maybe past characters like Nelson Rockefeller who gave 10% of his earnings to his local church to redistribute. Or Andrew Carnegie the poor Scots lad who made a fortune in the USA and went on to donate whole public libraries around the world.
Perhaps someone who has a similar personality as yourself or what you would like to be. Maybe a rich heavyweight like Trump who dives into politics and stirs them up, in his flamboyant style.

Last edited:
Maybe he ought to buy a bio company that is working on rejuvenating old age !!

I respect each and every trader who prioritize discipline, self control and trying their best to make it.

The phenominal rise of Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon must take pole position currently. World's richest man and recently donated $12 billion to good causes. Perhaps one of them would be to equip a ship to scoop up the garbage floating around in the world's oceans.

A great pity Bloomberg made such a mess of his campaign to be President.
He has already done a lot for the planet though unlike some super rich.

I've only got one... two by association.

"Charlie & I" (Buffet & Munger)

This is not even really about the vast fortune Buffet has amassed over a long track record, but rather his attitude and temperament. What a nice guy! The money doesn't seem to have changed his personality at all.

And by association, Munger. If he's liked by Warren, then he's liked by me. I love looking at their shareholder meetings. The two of them are adorable! haha
Charlie doesn't talk much, but when he does, it's my kind of language.

It's sad to think that these two wont be around much longer. What a sad day that will be.

I suppose one should give credit where credit is due but refine it down to which actual people have a lifestyle and ideas similar to one's own and who one could use as a template for one's own endeavours. Success and wealth are the important features. Helping others by discussing their own methods to achieve success is also a valuable part of the whole.

So who is your favourite person and why ?
For me, I’d have to say William J. O’neil of Market Wizards and Investor’s Business Daily fame.

I met him in the late 80’s when I was taking an investment course that he and David Ryan (also of Market Wizards) were teaching. When it was time to go to the dining room for lunch break, William O’neil luckily chose my table to sit at so I got to engage him in personal conversation for around a half hour or so.

One of the things I like most about him is that he practices what he preaches. He firmly believes that traders should remain humble and not allow the markets or success to give you an ego. That in my opinion is a difficult thing for traders to accomplish.

Charlie Munger, the brains behind Warren Buffet must be right up there too.
" Easy money corrupts "
" He quotes Rudyard Kipling " Don't lose your head when those all around are losing theirs. "

The respect could be earned from the philanthropy the rich do. But the fact that they have money automatically qualifies them as honourable in our present society as many people have vested interest which can be served by being in their company or sticking to them.

Does it not matter just how they made all their money ?
Trump inherited it from his dad who inherited it from his dad who had a brothel on the gold fields.
He behaves like it too.

The respect could be earned from the philanthropy the rich do. But the fact that they have money automatically qualifies them as honourable in our present society as many people have vested interest which can be served by being in their company or sticking to them.
Agree with you.

I think its a very simple question.
In this money world i most respect money.
Because without money nobody help you. Money is the biggest power in the world.

If you don't believe, then you can follow world condition.
Not present condition follow some day before conditions.

What about banks?

They create the money (technically its printed somewhere else, but I'm point stands) :)

You are respecting the carrot.
Why not the person holding the stick?

It's very fortunate that there are still some people who are driven by some things other than money.

What about banks?

They create the money (technically its printed somewhere else, but I'm point stands) :)

You are respecting the carrot.
Why not the person holding the stick?
Nowler,

By any chance do you have an opinion on the gold standard? Would you be in favor of it if there was talk of going back on it in Britain?