• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

[DARWIN] TVS by LongVision - lpphbti

Darwin TVS currently at max DD. Both Nasdaq and S&P500 cross below sma-200 so there will be no new position open untill price close above sma-200.

But there are open position for both Nasdaq and S&P500 there is an stoploss near 4360 so position will be closed most likely on monday at stoploss or at pullback exit.

Historically for equity indices this DD most likely to be recover about 70% time but there are 30% chance this DD further extended. It is better to protect capital against any further volatility expansion then capital growth.

I was analysing this max DD of darwin TVS. Around at ATH I used the risk 2.5% for momentum strategy and 4% mean reversion strategy.

But then I change percentage risk to fixed lot based on accout equity now I think that was mistake because volatility increase more then 2.5X since November ATH. Mean reversion strategy risk increase from 4% to 10% due to this change.

So due to this mistake Darwin TVS loss additional -4% due to change of Lot size calculation. This also reflected on Rs which increased from 6% to 8.5%. Now I think it is better to calculate position sizing based on fixed risk in place of position sizing based on account equity.

From Market Correlation diagrams I noticed that the weight of long-only strategies on indexes is very high.
When darwin TVS was performing well I had added short strategy on indices but I stop these stratergy when I hit multiple stoploss. I think that was also mistake I was unable to capture this -15% downside move.
I am reworking on short strategy, It will take some time but I will deploy short strategy on indices with lower frequency then long strategy.

July'22 Result for Darwin TVS

Darwin TVS win DarwinIA allocation for the month of July'22

Return - +5.07%
Position - 12
Allocation - 135,000 €

Regards
LongVision

Darwin TVS completed 03 years of track-record.
DARWIN-TVS-OCT-22.png

Nov'22 Result for Darwin TVS

Darwin TVS win DarwinIA allocation for the month of Nov'22

Return - +7.63%
Position - 5
Allocation - 191,554.42€

Regards
LongVision

Last edited: