• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

[DARWIN] TTD by Captain Currency

Tuesday went a bit like this:

No new trades opened, structure was there on a few pairs but just a tad unfortunate that price didn't pullback enough to trigger our pending orders, close calls.

TTD is currently at +1.37% for the month.

Wednesday went a bit like this:

I did fancy getting long Eur.Chf this afternoon but I've probably become too picky with setups recently. Call it over optimisation, creating too many improvements to the point that the "improvements" begin to ruin the strategies ability to perform. Going forward I think it should be more a case of; see setup, take setup.

#OverOptimisation

TTD will end the month at +1.37%.

March Stats for Darwin TTD

Trades: 10
Win rate: 50%
Avg win: +17.92 pips / +0.69%
Avg loss: -10.12 pips / -0.38%
Avg trade: 1h 14m
Return: +1.37%
Max DD: -0.72%

I'd be happy enough with how March turned out, it was the first month where TTD solely traded pullbacks, all other previous type of setups; mean-revision, momentum etc where ignored.

Capital was protected, risk was managed, drawdown was mellow and winners showed up. A refreshing month where returns edged up.

Return / Risk

The amount of pullback trades this month (10) is about what I expected, at the start of the month I would have estimated 15 trades. Market conditions didn't bother us too much, 60% of positions where taken counter the daily trend and where positive on average.

Going forward I'll stick to the plan of just trading pullbacks, if the Darwin was averaging +1.37% most months it would be fit for purpose (y)

Max. Positive / Negative excursion per trade.

PS TTD will be on ice for most / all of April, I've a few personal bits and bobs to do.

I'd be happy enough with how March turned out, it was the first month where TTD solely traded pullbacks, all other previous type of setups; mean-revision, momentum etc where ignored.
I also have a similar kind of experience with pullback trade. I just want to add few points about the pullback trade
1. Pullbacks Trade with the trend, so no catching of a falling knife.
2. Pullbacks also avoid over-trading as the trend is only 20% of trading days (4-5 trading days only per month)
3. Pullbacks Entry setup is easy to spot on the chart even without any indicator.

April Stats for Darwin TTD

Trades: 8
Win rate: 12.5%
Avg win: +15.75 pips / +0.68%
Avg loss: -3.76 pips / -0.19%
Avg trade: 44m
Return: -0.52%
Max DD: -1.16%

A very inactive month, I only got a chance to study the charts towards the back end of the month. Lot's of personal obligations (burdens) over the past few weeks for me so trading has had to take a back seat. A quick heads-ups, over these summer months I'll be "part-time" so updates will be sporadic.

It took me a few trades (small losses) to get back into the swing of things but the trade below was one of the good ones once I got comfortable. A 10 pip stop-loss and a 17 pip take-profit, entry is circled below;

Trade 1

The Darwin is stable and enough setups are showing up even during different phases. Risk stability is under control and RvR is positive too. Loss Aversion (La) is green and scoring a healthy 7.8 out of 10.

I'm optimistic and I can't see me making any more changes to the Darwin. Discretionary day trading seeking short-term moves; pullbacks with a 10 pip SL and a +17 pip TP is how we'll roll 👍

Max. Positive / Negative excursion per trade.

Friday went a bit like this:

Trade 1
Eur.Usd -10 pips / -0.40%

Trade 2
Eur.Chf -10 pips / -0.38%

An irked type of day where the SL get's pinched only then to see price move in our direction. #NFP

t2w.png

TTD is currently at -0.75% for the month.

Trade 1
Nzd.Usd -10 pips / -0.37%

Trade 2
Usd.Cad -10 pips / -0.39%

Trade 3
Aud.Chf +17 pips / +0.67%

Trade 3 I dropped the ball (miscalculated) an earlier entry resulting in me passing on a good setup, need to go back to counting on my fingers 🖐

Setup below worked out, entry was decent and the TP at +17 pips was reached heading into the late afternoon.

Trade 3

TTD is currently at -1.22% for the month.

A heads-up for the watchers of TTD and the Darwinex devotees,

Darwin TTD will close down in the coming days. However on May 21st I'll be opening a new trading account and may potentially launch a new Darwin in the future for copytrading. The purpose of the new account will be to trade short-term patterns / pullbacks. It seems only right that this current strategy should have it's own new trading account, free from past strategies and drawdowns.

I'm going nowhere and I'll do my best to keep you up-to-date with trading progress here on the community forum.

t2.png

Just trading my own account at the moment (not Darwin TTD) and fancied journaling a trade or two - maybe I should be posting this in the journals section.

Anyhows ... glad to be trading the Loonie again and nice to bag this winner. A short-term trade with a 10 pip SL and a +17 pip TP. I think on the new account, risk per trade (depending on the pair) is between 2 - 3% therefore this win will be worth about 4% and would be about equal to VaR 20% in Darwinex terms. Maybe my use of leverage is on the high side, I'll have to ponder it a bit more, feedback from the vets welcome 📉

If I do decide to create a Darwin from this trading account I think I'll wait until it has a d/score of 60 🥵 no rush ehh ...

chart 1

A heads-up for the watchers of TTD and the Darwinex devotees,

Darwin TTD will close down in the coming days. However on May 21st I'll be opening a new trading account and may potentially launch a new Darwin in the future for copytrading. The purpose of the new account will be to trade short-term patterns / pullbacks. It seems only right that this current strategy should have it's own new trading account, free from past strategies and drawdowns.

I'm going nowhere and I'll do my best to keep you up-to-date with trading progress here on the community forum.

View attachment 300339

Maybe it would be advisable to keep TTD going, even if you start another account. It seems a waste to throw away your existing hard won D-Score by starting from scratch. Anything over 12 D-periods old will be ignored, so the stats. should keep improving. Also the RS will be all over the place for a long time on a new Darwin. The age of a Darwin is far more significant than it used to be in the D-score, so even if you don't trade it a lot, the D-score will keep advancing.
Just my 2 cents, best of luck with whichever path you choose.

The age of a Darwin is far more significant than it used to be in the D-score, so even if you don't trade it a lot, the D-score will keep advancing.
Unfortunatelly you are wrong :) look to LSC and NFO , same strategy.
New Dscore has been designed to penalyze DD not to prize long trackrecords.

Last edited: