• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

[DARWIN] UYZ by skforex

FXforfun

Messing around with some Darwins I like to follow it caught my attention that UYZ that to me is one of the best Darwins - 8 years track record, >150% profit, >1.000.000€ of capital coming from investors. The trader has invested only 7K of his own money on his Darwin! How's that possible?
>https://www.darwinex.com/darwin/UYZ

Let's see. If the trader behind UYZ is living off trading - it has to because I've read his website - he is winning on average 20% a year (actually not so much) and has investment from Darwinex and external investors. It means that he's getting no more than 1.400 € per year comming from his own money !??
Also, this trader has another Darwin very interesting; SKN. On this Darwin he has no more than 2.000 €.

Come on! Can't he raise capital to invest on his own Darwins? Didn't he save along these 8 years of spectacular good track record to grow his trading account.?

There's something fishy on that.

It brings me to think that any undercapitalized Darwin wouldn't worth to be invested.The trader behind either doesn't fully believe on what he's doing (he doesn't go all in with his own Darwin), either he is just playing . Any case I wouldn't trust my money on someone who's not taking it seriously the business, unless I'd like to gamble. Just try luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
AFAIK Darwinex is a good broker for trading conditions but not the best one.
Trading conditions depend on the trading style.
If you're only trading intraday, trade execution is the most important point. They use LMAX and SAXO and can't be better than any other ECN brokers using LMAX or SAXO. Trading fees are usually similar with all brokers using these markets.
If you're holding positions overnight, SWAP can have a much higher impact on your performance than fees.

UYZ is mostly intraday so I dont' think swaps are the issue here.
If you look to underlying strategy he was trading high risk until July 2018
>https://www.darwinex.com/account/UYZ.23
Than he reduced his leverage by a factor of 10.
>https://community.darwinex.com/t/blog-implementation-of-esma-leverage/4274
ESMA max leverage introduced just then, I don't think it is a coincidence. :)
So I conclude that skforex makes pips on Darwinex but makes money on another non-ESMA broker.
Trading with 8k is perfectly fine for Darwinia and for the vast majority of investors.

Messing around with some Darwins I like to follow it caught my attention that UYZ that to me is one of the best Darwins - 8 years track record, >150% profit, >1.000.000€ of capital coming from investors. The trader has invested only 7K of his own money on his Darwin! How's that possible?

Let's see. If the trader behind UYZ is living off trading - it has to because I've read his website - he is winning on average 20% a year (actually not so much) and has investment from Darwinex and external investors. It means that he's getting no more than 1.400 € per year comming from his own money !??
Also, this trader has another Darwin very interesting; SKN. On this Darwin he has no more than 2.000 €.

Come on! Can't he raise capital to invest on his own Darwins? Didn't he save along these 8 years of spectacular good track record to grow his trading account.?

There's something fishy on that.

It brings me to think that any undercapitalized Darwin wouldn't worth to be invested.The trader behind either doesn't fully believe on what he's doing (he doesn't go all in with his own Darwin), either he is just playing . Any case I wouldn't trust my money on someone who's not taking it seriously the business, unless I'd like to gamble. Just try luck.
For full time traders who only have trading profits as their source of income. Darwinex is rather uninteresting.
The raised Capital is too small to make a difference, currently. Other than that it doesn't work as a "hedge" for the times the strategy is in drawdown.
It might be the case however that he is Trading larger amounts at different brokers (spreading capital is a smart move) and just regards Darwinex as a no effort side income.

you can find another "undercapitalized" trader speaking about Darwinex and other brokers.
Ok, my bad. I opened a new post regarding the undercapitalization and took UYZ as an example because it's quite flagrant. Didn't know it was already discussed on another place.

It might be the case however that he is Trading larger amounts at different brokers (spreading capital is a smart move) and just regards Darwinex as a no effort side income.
Actually, that's the only reasonable explanation. However, despite I think UYZ is one of the best Darwins I wouldn't follow his steps. It's weird seeing 1.000.000 € invested on a Darwin whose trader just puts 7.000€

Darwinex shows account size only up to 10k.
I dont' think ther is a big difference between 7k and 11k
Other darwins like ERQ and ZVQ have more than 10k but a very low var so we have to assume that these accounts are only providing signals for the darwins.

UYZ has an impressive trackrecord but there is a feature that is unnoticed and tells a lot about the seriousness of skforex:
Capacity management.
He set a very conservative limit of 1.100.000 and a max divergence of -0.3%.

This means he understands very well how Darwinex works and has a strong respect for his existing investors.

In the description of UYZ there is a link that shows skforex is investing 80k in his own darwin.
Right. :unsure:.
So now I understand less. What's the point to put my own capital on an investor mode and pay 15% management fee to Darwinex instead of invest my own capital in my own strategy and save 15% commission? (was 15% the cut for Darwinex?) Maybe he trusts his strategy but hates his own money management? or... can't find a logical explanation.

Don't take me wrong, I really do admire this Darwin! But it is too blurry for my taste

I agree it is not so convenient today with "Pivot" conditions.
I think his investment started with old conditions when Darwinex wasn't keeping a significant slice of the cake.
Back in 2017 I was investing a significant amount of money in my darwins, when they introduced the equity multipliers in Darwinia I moved the money from the investor account to the trading accounts.
Now after equity moultipliers and Pivot is much more convinient to trade the capital than buying the darwin.

What's the point to put my own capital on an investor mode and pay 15% management fee to Darwinex instead of invest my own capital in my own strategy and save 15% commission? (was 15% the cut for Darwinex?)
Here you are making a bit of confusion... :)
As investor you pay 20% and as provider 15% goes back to you, 5% goes to Darwinex.

SYO is doing the same. His explanation was he's trading only with the equity that allows him to control the VaR and the risk manager effect. The investable product is the Darwin, so he's investing more in the Darwin thant the underlying strategy.

UYZ decreased his trading activity. What could be the reason?
2021 hasn't been a good year for UYZ, but he finished in the green zone. 8% profit. No serious drawdawn. No doubt one of the most solids Darwins yet.

However, UYZ is trading less and less: 6 trades on the last month. Maybe he is on vacation (things of discretionary traders).

And again, I still don't understand what's the point to invest on yourself through your Darwin instead through your strategy.
Not only you are paying a fee to the broker - that's a minor issue - but also you don't control your Risk, meaning that the Darwin tends to win less than the strategy. Look again to UYZ. Darwin wins 171% in total. The strategy wins 657% in total. Why anyone - specially UYZ looking at his numbers - would deviate funds out of the strategy?

SYO is doing the same. His explanation was he's trading only with the equity that allows him to control the VaR and the risk manager effect.
I don't understand. Could you ellaborate please?