• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

[DARWIN] TTD by Captain Currency

Wednesday went a bit like this:

Trade 1
Eur.Jpy -10 pips / 0.33%

Trade 2
Usd.Jpy +17 pips / +0.66%

Trade 3
Usd.Chf -10 pips / -0.48%

Trade 1, some volatile price movement around 1 pm GMT wacked the SL on the pullback trade below. A pity because I did fancy getting long into the daily uptrend.

SL 10 | TP 50.

Trade 1

Trade 2 picking our spot and going anti the daily uptrend on this retracement trade. Entry circled below was as good as you'll ever get it, no doubt a bit of luck played a part ☘️

SL 10 | TP 17.

Trade 2

Trade 3 in simple terms price is either coming or going, coming back into a previous area or going forward to another area. I probably got caught-out on this trade, price came back into an area, turned and was now going up to another area - this meant the retracement setup below wasn't on for the taking.

SL 10 | TP 17.

Trade 3

Max. Positive / Negative excursion per trade.

TTD is currently at +0.46% for the month.

Friday went a bit like this:

No new trades opened.

Four trades this week, exactly the same amount as last week on this new diet of pullbacks 💪

Still room for more improvements, this week the Darwin had 1 win and 3 losses for a nett loss of -13 pips / -0.54%.

TTD is currently at +0.06% for the month.

Tuesday went a bit like this:

Trade 1
Nzd.Jpy +17 pips / +0.51%

Trade 1 I've noticed a good few pairs are starting to come off their highs, offering counter-trend setups for those brave souls. The setup below had me hemming and hawing, I was going to pass on the offer. One of those pullback trades where (during certain market conditions) you'd reckon price would travel lower post-entry allowing you to push the SL to BE (which I did).

The doubt for me was, would the trade hit the TP or would it just run shy and then go back up to the pullback area. In the end the trade was taken and the TP was hit. Soon after the break of the low price did return back up to the PB area, glad to see I was getting a decent read on the pair and employing the correct tactics ;)

Trade 1

TTD is currently at +0.57% for the month.

Hey cap.....

How’s it going ?

Didn’t realise you were on Darwinex these days .....are you still using the 3 ducks ?

N

Thursday went a bit like this:

Trade 1
Eur.Gbp +17 pips / +0.79%

Trade 1 what I like to call an absorption pullback, price movement can get soaked-up (in due course) when it forms in certain structure - normally counter the higher timeframe trend / sentiment.

The entry (circled) was decent, so too was the exit based on what happened price after the TP was reached. Not the type of PB you can outstay your welcome with, no smashing the ball out of the boundary rope here 🏏

From my studies price will either want to come or go; come back into a previous area or go forward to another area. I felt I had a good read on this pair and didn't expect price to go too far forward beyond our take-profit. Post-exit you'll spot that price came back into the PB area and flattened out / movement soaked-up for the remainder of the session.

Trade management; the trade below started off with a 10 pip SL and a 17 pip TP. The SL was pushed-up once we got motoring and ended up close enough to BE. The TP was reached for +17.

Trade 1

TTD is currently at +1.37% for the month.

No new trades opened, I did fancy getting long on a few pairs but the structure wasn't good enough.

We've completed week number 3 in the pursuit of pullbacks, this week TTD had 2 winning trades which will do nicely.

Overall the past few weeks have been running smoothly, narrowing the focus has improved the results (gain & drawdown) and this could be a respectable strategy in the future, we'll hold back on 1st place in Darwinia for now 🏆

This week the Darwin had 2 wins (0 losses) for a nett gain of +34 pips / +1.30% on 1x leverage, drawdown was kept very low at just -0.03%.

Loss Aversion gained again this week and the current score is 7.7 out of 10. Open Strategy is 7.3 out of 10, I like to keep an eye on this one seen as TTD trades short term moves (with a tight SL) and accuracy (entry) is important. For non-veterans the higher the OS score, the better the trader’s decisions to enter the trade are.

Wednesday went a bit like this:

No new trades opened, PA is a bit iffy this week and the knock on effect is structure can't get an opportunity to form. Happy enough to wait until a decent looking setup comes along 🌻

No new trades opened, I did fancy getting short on the Usd.Cad downtrend, entry (pending order) was just missed but in the end the trade would have probably came back to BE.

We've now completed week number 4 and almost come to the end of the month which has run very smoothly so far. I'll do a full end-of-month report next Thursday, should make for some interesting reading and stats studying.

TTD didn't enter any new positions this week which is fine, I'm glad to report we're maturing and not getting suckered in and handing back profits. A lot of work has been put into the Darwin's defence recently to identify setups that should be ignored. We got a good read and ignored a few setups this week and avoided some losses.

There was also 2 - 3 really nice structural setups this week that just came up shy of the entry, these trades would have worked out well, +2:1 RvR. There was also a couple of days this week where PA was a bit too funky for my liking and we're weren't tempted to tango with the market 💃 no setups appeared anyway ...

So far this month we're running at about a 50% win rate with a risk versus reward ratio of almost 2:1.

TTD didn't enter any new positions this week which is fine, I'm glad to report we're maturing and not getting suckered in and handing back profits. A lot of work has been put into the Darwin's defence recently to identify setups that should be ignored. We got a good read and ignored a few setups this week and avoided some losses.
Excellent, well done, it can be very difficult to stand aside (even when it is the best thing to do). Appreciate your reports here as it takes time and effort that does not help with your bottom line!

Monday went a bit like this:

No new trades opened, a few pairs drifting sideways recently (easier to spot on h4), maybe it's to do with it been EOM / EOQ1.