Daily Indices Analysis

Effkay

Hi everyone,

For those familiar with my work, this is just a new thread since the old one got a bit long!

For those not familiar with the stuff. The analysis is taken from my site everyday, and provides analysis on the S&P500, Nasdaq 100 and FTSE 100

Here's the analysis for tomorrow:

Commentary for 14/11/2005

The S&P500 hit my target of 1235 on Friday, and is still in a certain uptrend. The target now is therefore 1246. The trend will only change if we break below 1201.

The Nasdaq 100 created a doji right at the top of it's current range on Friday, and it seems that this may signal a reversal in the coming sessions. The trend however is still up and until we break through the 1600 level, this will remain the case.

The FTSE 100 closed higher by over 40 points on Friday, but still has not managed to break above 5482, and therefore this is now the critical level for the next few sessions. The trend will only change if we break 5359.

Thanks

Old Thread is here

Commentary for 16/11/2005

The S&P500 made a higher high in this session, but then fell ending the session lower by almost 5 points. The trend still seems to be up, although we may see a correction in the coming days as a reversal pattern has been made. The trend however will not change until we break 1215.

The Nasdaq 100 also ended the session lower, and may therefore correct over the next few sessions as I have been suggesting in my previous commentaries. The index needs to break above 1660 to renew the uptrend, and only a break below 1620 will change the trend.

The FTSE 100 caught me by surprise and corrected by over 30 points, and almost caused a trend change. The trend is still however up with a target of 5500, and a break of 5423 needed to change the trend.

Thanks

Effkay said:
Commentary for 16/11/2005

The S&P500 made a higher high in this session, but then fell ending the session lower by almost 5 points. The trend still seems to be up, although we may see a correction in the coming days as a reversal pattern has been made. The trend however will not change until we break 1215.

The Nasdaq 100 also ended the session lower, and may therefore correct over the next few sessions as I have been suggesting in my previous commentaries. The index needs to break above 1660 to renew the uptrend, and only a break below 1620 will change the trend.

The FTSE 100 caught me by surprise and corrected by over 30 points, and almost caused a trend change. The trend is still however up with a target of 5500, and a break of 5423 needed to change the trend.

Thanks

Are you able to give a daily prediction on where the ftse 100 will be in relation to the previous day. Whether it will be higher or lower. Would be so gr8 for us spreadbetters!!

Thankyou.

Yes, but normally if you forward me your postal address I can just send you cheques periodically to save you the trouble of spreadbetting!

Effkay said:
Yes, but normally if you forward me your postal address I can just send you cheques periodically to save you the trouble of spreadbetting!

Is this offer open to all takers .. . . .. . . :D :D :D :D

Anyone at all! I just need you to send me an initial payment (to cover admin costs of course!) of £1000. :)

Commentary for 18/11/2005

The S&P500 ended the quiet trading period and ended the session higher by over 11 points. The trend is certainly now up, and the target is now 1280, and until we break 1226 it will remain so.

The Nasdaq 100 also rallied in this session, and the uptrend is now secure. The target is 1710, and until we break through the 1638 level the trend will remain upward.

The FTSE 100 ended the session higher by exactly 30 points, and as such is throwing any thoughts of a downtrend into doubt. I am now going to wait for a break through either the 5486 or the 5391 level before calling the trend. There is however a seasonal and pattern bias indicating an upside break, but this should be waited for.

Commentary for 21/11/2005

The S&P500 ended the session over 4 points higher on Friday, and looks set to resume the uptrend. The only problem is that we saw a gap higher on Friday with a subsequent downward trading session, which may call for a correction in the coming few sessions. Nevertheless the trend is still up and the target 1280, and until we break 1226, this will remain the case.

The Nasdaq 100 traded similarly, ending the session over 3 points higher. The target here is 1710, and a break of 1638 is needed to reverse the trend.

The FTSE 100 broke to the upside as I had suggested in my previous commentary. The trend is now comfortably up and the target is now 5550. The trend will not change unless we break the 5391 level.

Thanks

Commentary for 22/11/2005

The S&P500 broke higher in this session and made a new 4 year high! The trend is most certainly up and 1280 is the target here. The trend will only change with a break of 1226.

The Nasdaq 100 traded higher without making any new highs. This index is also in an uptrend with a target at 1710, a break of 1638 will change the trend.

The FTSE 100 ended the session almost flat and created a doji pattern for the session. This indicates indecision which needs to be resolved in the coming sessions. The trend however is still up and the target is 5550, a break below 5391 will change the trend.

Thanks

Effkay said:
Commentary for 22/11/2005

The S&P500 broke higher in this session and made a new 4 year high! The trend is most certainly up and 1280 is the target here. The trend will only change with a break of 1226.

The Nasdaq 100 traded higher without making any new highs. This index is also in an uptrend with a target at 1710, a break of 1638 will change the trend.

The FTSE 100 ended the session almost flat and created a doji pattern for the session. This indicates indecision which needs to be resolved in the coming sessions. The trend however is still up and the target is 5550, a break below 5391 will change the trend.

Thanks

I agree with your FTSE comments.

The market has been estranged of late.

Normally, and like a trusted lap dog, it would follow the DOW. But now it appears to be manipulated by the large institutional buyers. Which is fine if you can predict their buying decision.

And I have to be honest, its caught me out several times over the previous months.

What I have observed, for what its worth, is a time delay of two days in regards to other markets. If the American markets rise/ fall the FTSE [in some cases, but not all] ponders before reacting.

I hope my personal observation is short term as its proving difficult to predict the market with any degree of certainty.

Keep posting.

Yours

UK

Hi UK I agree the market has been difficult of late. Although individual stocks have been easier than the market as a whole. I think it is a case of stay long until the end of the year to be honest, although I will still only do what the chart tells me!

Commentary for 25/11/2005

The US markets were closed in this session.

The S&P500 is still in an uptrend with a target of 1280, the trend will only change with a break of 1226.

The Nasdaq 100 has a target of 1710, and only a break of 1638 will change the trend.

The FTSE 100 corrected slightly in this session, ending lower by over 20 points. The market did however bounce almost exactly at the 5500 level, showing that this is a good support level. The target still remains at 5550 and only a break below 5391 will change this.

Thanks

Commentary for 05/12/2005
The S&P500 ended the session marginally higher on Friday, and is still in an uptrend with 1280 as a target. The trend will only change if we break through 1249.

The Nasdaq 100 is also in an uptrend but stopped just shy of my 1710 target. The trend will only change if we break below 1671.

The FTSE 100 showed continued strength of Friday and broke through 5500, the target now is once again 5555 with the index being in an uptrend. The trend will only change if we break through 5423.

Commentary for 06/12/2005

The S&P500 ended the session lower by just under 3 points. The trend is still up and there is very little else to say at this point. The trend will only change if we break 1249 and until then the target is 1280.

The Nasdaq 100 also fell in this session, but is also in an uptrend with 1710 as the target. The trend will only change if we break 1671.

The FTSE 100 ended lower by over 17 points. The target however remains at 5555 and until we break 5423, it will remain so.

Thanks

Commentary for 13/12/2005
The S&P500 rose slightly in this session, ending higher by just over 1 point. I suspect that the next few sessions will be crucial as we should see a rally in this market, if however we fall below 1250 the trend will change to down. The target for the moment is 1280.

The Nasdaq 100 also ended marginally higher in this session. The index is technically in a downtrend, although I am now doubtful of this. The index needs to break above 1700 convincingly before further analysis can be done.

The FTSE 100 clung on to 5500 level into the close in this session. The trend is up and the next few sessions are crucial as we should see the index rally. The trend will however change if we break through 5492.

Commentary for 11/01/2006

The S&P500 ended the session almost unchanged, and may be forming a hanging man pattern at the top of its range here. This will need to be confirmed in the coming session, until then the target remains at 1300 with a break of 1245 needed to change the trend.

The Nasdaq 100 ended positive and still has 1775 as the target. A break below 1707 here will change the trend.

The FTSE 100 has created a topping pattern here and a break below 5680 will change the trend here. The next few sessions will be crucial.

Thanks