mini indices

reynard

30 0
As a relatively new trader, my curiosity has recently been aroused by the 'mini' indices.
I have been trying to get a bit of background on them.
The chicago mercantile exchange has a few interesting bits on the S&P500 and Nasdaq100, plus a few others.
In case any one else is interested heres a taster.
The intro reads:

e-mini NASDAQ-100
"The U.S. economy is being transformed by exciting technological changes and advancements in science and industry. Many of the leading companies involved in this process are a part of the NASDAQ-100 Index®. CME offers an E-mini version of the NASDAQ-100 futures at one-fifth the size of the original NASDAQ-100 futures, making these exciting contracts affordable for all investors."

"The E-mini S&P 500 futures and options on futures from Chicago Mercantile Exchange are small but powerful contracts for the individual investor. These contracts are based on the same leading S&P 500 index as the most actively traded stock index contract in the world S&P 500 futures but are a fraction of the size. The mini enables you to participate in and profit from the benchmark index tracked by pension and mutual funds around the country."

Site link:
www.cme.com/products/index/products_index_eministockindexfaq.cfm

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock