CQG

denham

Cqg

anyone out there using CQG? i have been using them for two years now and the service is excellent but pricey. i have tried alternatives, like eSignal but they don't seem to handle the rolling of contracts between delivery months.

anyone recommend an alternative that doesn't hit the p&l quite so hard?

As a side point, does CQG run ok with DSL or do you need a leased line to benefit from the full functionality?

I understand they do a cut down $250pcm version too.

i use there web based version through a broadband connection and touch wood have had very few problems.

i will enquire as to their cut down version - but they never mentioned that to me. funny that?!?!?

...eeer, that is their cut down version (I think) Maybe I got the costs wrong, or the costs are for multi licencing.

Tried to look at their site but it seems to be down

Re: Cqg

denham said:
anyone out there using CQG? i have been using them for two years now and the service is excellent but pricey. i have tried alternatives, like eSignal but they don't seem to handle the rolling of contracts between delivery months.

anyone recommend an alternative that doesn't hit the p&l quite so hard?

I'm using CQG on a DSL connection. Works fine. CQG generates a lot of overload, something like 50MB traffic every day. For a short time I used it with an ISDN connection, seemed to be ok too.

I'm looking for an alternative too and I'm looking at eSignal. I had used them 1 or 2 years ago, but then their Eurex feed was less than reliable. Looks like this has improved.

@denham:

what do you not like about the rolling of contracts? I do not follow that many contracts, hence I would not mind doing it manually. Yes, CQG does a fine job on doing it automatically, but as said, all this comes at a price.

Besides eSignal, I know only of FutureSource, Tenfore and Realtick. I tested FutureSource a long time back, seems like they are lacking some features I currently use, like Market Profiles and Volume Tick Charts.

In the ET board someone mentioned myTrack (+ Sierrachart). Unfortunately the myTrack site is not very helpful, can't find out what exchanges they offer. Does anyone know?

Many Thanks

Bernd Kuerbs

Only problem I ever had with CQG was the price. Great system, I still use it. I am sure there are better value products out there however.