CQG

denham

14 0
Cqg

anyone out there using CQG? i have been using them for two years now and the service is excellent but pricey. i have tried alternatives, like eSignal but they don't seem to handle the rolling of contracts between delivery months.

anyone recommend an alternative that doesn't hit the p&l quite so hard?

BBB

Experienced member
1,071 3
As a side point, does CQG run ok with DSL or do you need a leased line to benefit from the full functionality?

I understand they do a cut down $250pcm version too.

denham

14 0
i use there web based version through a broadband connection and touch wood have had very few problems.

i will enquire as to their cut down version - but they never mentioned that to me. funny that?!?!?

BBB

Experienced member
1,071 3
...eeer, that is their cut down version (I think) Maybe I got the costs wrong, or the costs are for multi licencing.

Tried to look at their site but it seems to be down

BKuerbs

17 0
Re: Cqg

denham said:
anyone out there using CQG? i have been using them for two years now and the service is excellent but pricey. i have tried alternatives, like eSignal but they don't seem to handle the rolling of contracts between delivery months.

anyone recommend an alternative that doesn't hit the p&l quite so hard?

I'm using CQG on a DSL connection. Works fine. CQG generates a lot of overload, something like 50MB traffic every day. For a short time I used it with an ISDN connection, seemed to be ok too.

I'm looking for an alternative too and I'm looking at eSignal. I had used them 1 or 2 years ago, but then their Eurex feed was less than reliable. Looks like this has improved.

@denham:

what do you not like about the rolling of contracts? I do not follow that many contracts, hence I would not mind doing it manually. Yes, CQG does a fine job on doing it automatically, but as said, all this comes at a price.

Besides eSignal, I know only of FutureSource, Tenfore and Realtick. I tested FutureSource a long time back, seems like they are lacking some features I currently use, like Market Profiles and Volume Tick Charts.

In the ET board someone mentioned myTrack (+ Sierrachart). Unfortunately the myTrack site is not very helpful, can't find out what exchanges they offer. Does anyone know?

Many Thanks

Bernd Kuerbs

TWI

2,531 252
Only problem I ever had with CQG was the price. Great system, I still use it. I am sure there are better value products out there however.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock