CMC Markets - Next Generation Platform

Hi Guys

I have just taken a quick screen shot of our next gen platform so that people who have not had the chance to look at the demo, can see how different we are the other providers. The platform is customizable and we are adding many new function in the coming weeks, the charts need extra work, but as you guys know this is coming soon.

Hope you like it

Regards

Craig

Attachments

• Next Gen image 1.jpg
    Next Gen image 1.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 2,337
Hi Guys

I have just taken a quick screen shot of our next gen platform so that people who have not had the chance to look at the demo, can see how different we are the other providers. The platform is customizable and we are adding many new function in the coming weeks, the charts need extra work, but as you guys know this is coming soon.

Hope you like it

Regards

Craig

Attachments

• Next Gen image 2.jpg
    Next Gen image 2.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 1,118
Dont forget to add more options to time periods like 30 min

and the style of the bars, like point and figure, TLB, renko,kagi (same as in the market maker)

Hi Guys

Hope you like it

Regards

Craig

Hi

You will be glad to know that we are adding substantially more tools on the charts including many advanced functions not seen anywhere else. We are looking to create a marketing leading charting package, this is just the beginning.

Regards

Craig

Thanks Craig.

Will look forward to seeing them in the future.

Some feedback:

Like the performace and volatility indicator on the charts.

The platform itself except the charts does seem an improvement on the previous one

Can't seem to find the s&p futures on their.

The pop out feature will be missed as I did find that it made things easier to manage

Thought we got 1 point spread on the ftse with the old platform or have I got this wrong?

Also think you need to reduce the spread on the dow bearing in mind I can get 1 point all the time during market hours with cityindex

Will consider migrating if the chart features improve to a the levels of marketmaker but at the moment they are not fit for my purpose.

Regards

Tim

Last edited:
Thanks Craig.

Will look forward to seeing them in the future.

Some feedback:

Like the performace and volatility indicator on the charts.

The platform itself except the charts does seem an improvement on the previous one

Can't seem to find the s&p futures on their.

The pop out feature will be missed as I did find that it made things easier to manage

Thought we got 1 point spread on the ftse with the old platform or have I got this wrong?

Also think you need to reduce the spread on the dow bearing in mind I can get 1 point all the time during market hours with cityindex

Will consider migrating if the chart features improve to a the levels of marketmaker but at the moment they are not fit for my purpose.

Regards

Tim

Thanks for the feedback

We don't offer futures or forward contracts on the next gen platform, everything is now a cash price. By offering one price for each product we hope to make SB easier for client to get to grips with rather than offering 4-5 different contacts for each instrument.

I too like the pop out functions, I will talk to the developers about this feature

We were 2 points on the UK100 but have now dropped to 1.3, we are one of the few providers to offer fractions of pips on spreads, it also allows us to go even tighter in the future

If you compare the City Index Dow price to almost any other provider you might notice their price could be quite far out from the futures market (which most SB firms use as a bench mark) Offering 1 point on the Dow is almost counter productive if you are 3-4 pips away from the bench mark, (if i have this wrong please comment appropriately)

I don't think even CMC gets 1 point spreads from the exchange and as we activily hedge our client positions its unlikely we could go to 1 point

Thanks for the feedback, the charts will come soon

Regards

Craig

Dont forget to add more options to time periods like 30 min

and the style of the bars, like point and figure, TLB, renko,kagi (same as in the market maker)

We are looking to add 30mins and 4hrs shortly, other charting types like P&F, renko would come later

Regards

Craig

Heikin-Ashi candles, please, and placing orders by clicking on chart.

Trading from charts is something we are looking into now, you can currently set stops and take profits directly from the charts already

Speak soon

Craig

Thanks for the feedback

We don't offer futures or forward contracts on the next gen platform, everything is now a cash price. By offering one price for each product we hope to make SB easier for client to get to grips with rather than offering 4-5 different contacts for each instrument.

I too like the pop out functions, I will talk to the developers about this feature

We were 2 points on the UK100 but have now dropped to 1.3, we are one of the few providers to offer fractions of pips on spreads, it also allows us to go even tighter in the future

If you compare the City Index Dow price to almost any other provider you might notice their price could be quite far out from the futures market (which most SB firms use as a bench mark) Offering 1 point on the Dow is almost counter productive if you are 3-4 pips away from the bench mark, (if i have this wrong please comment appropriately)

I don't think even CMC gets 1 point spreads from the exchange and as we activily hedge our client positions its unlikely we could go to 1 point

Regards

Craig

If they're all cash prices that means you clients have to pay financing charges every day, doesn't it?

Still not convinced by your arguments about spreads. Surely CMC gets 0.5pt spread on Euro index futures and 1pt on YM, same as everyone else? Plenty of SBs provide fixed 1pt on FTSE/DAX/EU and 2pt on Dow. Starting about six months ago, Fins C.Index also give fixed 1pt on Dow, and they would have stopped by now if it cost them money. All the SB cash quotes vary slightly because of slightly different fair value calculations, but they all move in step with the future.

If they're all cash prices that means you clients have to pay financing charges every day, doesn't it?

Still not convinced by your arguments about spreads. Surely CMC gets 0.5pt spread on Euro index futures and 1pt on YM, same as everyone else? Plenty of SBs provide fixed 1pt on FTSE/DAX/EU and 2pt on Dow. Starting about six months ago, Fins C.Index also give fixed 1pt on Dow, and they would have stopped by now if it cost them money. All the SB cash quotes vary slightly because of slightly different fair value calculations, but they all move in step with the future.

Hi

Well if you look at an other firm offering zero point spreads on popular instruments right now, you have to wonder how they can offer that? How long until other bargain providers then have to go the same way to compete? But having tight spreads, fast execution and great customer service is paramount in our industry, and if your making money trading, your going to be regardless who you trade with.

The good news is for you guys, the fiercer the competition, the better spreads your going to get, but which providers are working in partnership with their clients?

This is just the beginning for CMC, we will see how the SB community reacts

As always, thanks for the constructive feedback

Regards

Craig

I Refer to my earlier Question Craig:

Any News ? :sleep:

I'm afraid its unlikely we will be offering a direct financial incentive to use the platform, we're hoping the platform, pricing, technology, execution and service will convince clients to start using us :)

Worth a try though

Regards

Craig

Thanks for the feedback

Regards

Craig

To be honest I find city to be very close to where it should be and if they were to be to far out because the price you see allows you to trade short or long they would leave themselves open too abitradge.

Anyway probably best to move on from this issue as you have made your point and so have I.

And to be fair your platform is a lot more stable than citys when things get wild :D

Like you I find it hard to understand how a company can make money with 0 or even 1 point spread on the dow unless they are not hedging.If I was running your company which of course I am not :D I would say that 2 points is probably fair as this is what the market leader offers.

You also make a very good point if you make money trading you will probably make money with whoever you tarde with(unless you are doing very low point scalps all day) and if you do feel you are being treated unfairly by the sb's you can always open a real futures account.

I think many blame the sb's when the real reason they lose money is poor trading discipline and money management,the sb's are an easy target in this respect.

Have a good weekend

Tim

Still seems baffling why those who already have a CMC account need to open another to use the new platform. Spreads wider than competition, bad previous reputation and no 'free money' incentives all mean that few will be tempted.

Still seems baffling why those who already have a CMC account need to open another to use the new platform. Spreads wider than competition, bad previous reputation and no 'free money' incentives all mean that few will be tempted.

I can understand where you are coming from, I myself have made a lot of 'free money' from these deals over the years and have not gone on to trade with my own. At the end of the day we all want free money, but unfortunately it now comes down to being a good trader.

You've probably noticed a lot less of the deals recently, that's because they simply don't work

CMC is after long term relationships with our clients, the boom and bust days are over

Have a good weekend, and all the best in regards to your trading

Regards

Craig