CMC Markets - Next Generation Platform

I've noticed the absence of fixed income products from you next gen platform? I'm guessing that this is in keeping with your 'cash' only product listing policy?

I've noticed the absence of fixed income products from you next gen platform? I'm guessing that this is in keeping with your 'cash' only product listing policy?

It's the new 'Giving the Customer Less' policy.

STOP LOSS

Been playing with the Demo and noticed a problem with Stop Loss.

Example:
Price 1.300 it rises 75 pips so I want to move STOP to protect entry BUT you can't move the stop above your entry.

Manual Price Entry

On the Web platform you open ticket and want to enter profit target price. If you enter 1.3 and stop to look at the price to check the digits disappear, you have to enter price fast and all in one. On the iPhone app you can enter half the price 1.3 stop to check price and the digits stay then you can carry on entering 1.3090 all stays stable.

Settings Tab

One thing I do like you can set up Stop Loss, Take Profit as default settings so each trade you can just hit BUY/SELL with your defaults in place. Not a lot of platforms have this but would like to see the Take Profit not just in % but also be able to choose how many pips as default.

Settings Tab is only accessible on the iPhone App on not on the Web Platform ?

Seems the iPhone application is far more stable and has more features than the Web version, bit backward thinking.

STOP LOSS

Been playing with the Demo and noticed a problem with Stop Loss.

Example:
Price 1.300 it rises 75 pips so I want to move STOP to protect entry BUT you can't move the stop above your entry.

Manual Price Entry

On the Web platform you open ticket and want to enter profit target price. If you enter 1.3 and stop to look at the price to check the digits disappear, you have to enter price fast and all in one. On the iPhone app you can enter half the price 1.3 stop to check price and the digits stay then you can carry on entering 1.3090 all stays stable.

Settings Tab

One thing I do like you can set up Stop Loss, Take Profit as default settings so each trade you can just hit BUY/SELL with your defaults in place. Not a lot of platforms have this but would like to see the Take Profit not just in % but also be able to choose how many pips as default.

Settings Tab is only accessible on the iPhone App on not on the Web Platform ?

Seems the iPhone application is far more stable and has more features than the Web version, bit backward thinking.

re, the stop problem, can't you just delete the original and then add a new one?

re, the stop problem, can't you just delete the original and then add a new one?

NO

whether you SELL or BUY you can't move stop above your entry even if have no stop loss entered.

If you enter stop above your entry it changes to your entry price.

NO

whether you SELL or BUY you can't move stop above your entry even if have no stop loss entered.

If you enter stop above your entry it changes to your entry price.

Hi - relatively new to spreadbetting, but, have just tried this and I can do this for a position that has moved about my entry point. But a new position that is a losing position I can't do that - but, isn't that by design? if i wanted to put a limit order above my entry point, i could do that and that seems to work. Again, just a novice so excuse the post.

Hi - relatively new to spreadbetting, but, have just tried this and I can do this for a position that has moved about my entry point. But a new position that is a losing position I can't do that - but, isn't that by design? if i wanted to put a limit order above my entry point, i could do that and that seems to work. Again, just a novice so excuse the post.

Hi and Welcome to the world of Spreadbetting :clap:

A good way to save money is to be able to protect entries.

An old saying is " Once in GREEN never in RED"

Although this is not always possible my aim is to try and protect entries by moving my stops once a trade goes positive. On all platforms you can do this but not on the new CMC platform.

Try it :eek:

Put in a trade wait for it to go positive then move stop in front of entry...... it will not go beyond entry.

I have informed CMC. :sneaky:

Hi and Welcome to the world of Spreadbetting :clap:

A good way to save money is to be able to protect entries.

An old saying is " Once in GREEN never in RED"

Although this is not always possible my aim is to try and protect entries by moving my stops once a trade goes positive. On all platforms you can do this but not on the new CMC platform.

Try it :eek:

Put in a trade wait for it to go positive then move stop in front of entry...... it will not go beyond entry.

I have informed CMC. :sneaky:

If thats the case thats just madness and imo likely to reduce the chances of people making a profit.

Having played with the platform for a while I can't get on with it the charts are almost an afterthought and have seen no improvement yet.

Its a bit like a big virtual slot machine,all flashing lights but not giving you what serious traders need to trade.

Infact I prefer the platform city index have much more functunal and they also have pop outs with the charts which although more basic that the old cmc they are better than the new cmc charts.

Much lower spreads on the dow and ftse and a better platform at city index (and others) why would you trade at cmc?

Thanks just tried moving my stop loss above my entry point( finally got a position in the right direction) and I was able to amend it. I just clicked on the stop loss limit and moved it above my entry point. I also did the same thing from the charts - clicked on the triangle and then moved the red bar (the stop) above the triangle (my entry point). Both worked. I am on their demo platform, so not sure which one you're using.
Would be better if there was a trailing stop loss feature - for me as a beginner I think the CMC platform has been pretty functional and no issues so far. The iPhone app is also very cool. The ig and citi index versions seem less functional but I will give them a try. But right now I am finding CMC's platform very easy to use and I am actually making money!

Last edited:
I've been a CMC client for some time. Over the last few years they have drastically cut back on the number of instruments available on MarketMaker. The new platform appears to be the destination that this direction has been heading toward.

While 'simplification' may have benefits for day traders and/or newcomers, it's a vast step backwards for everyone else. For me it's no good. I can't bet on futures contracts, meaning backwardation can't be taken advantage of, but more importantly, it's a lot more expensive to run a longer term bet. The cost of carriage on the 'simplified' bet is far more than the future.

So, far fewer instruments to bet on, no futures = find another firm (for me at least).

I've just come across this thread after playing around on the new platform.

I am surprised that a lot of the things craig mentioned have still not changed!

no 30 min on the chart, but really handy they have 5seconds!!
can't put sell limit orders below the market
I can't reduce the size of the chart beyond certain amount, admittedly i'm on a laptop but still.
still lack of technicals on charts
no fixed income?
Saving different layouts

Got a few other issues but thats all can think of at the moment, will log others as and when I remember.

Craig mentioned the system would get an upgrade in a couple of weeks?!? that was back in early september.

Baffles me that they would launch a half finished system, really hope they get it fully sorted before they take down marketmaker otherwise I like i imagine a lot of others will have to go elsewhere.

Craig mentioned the system would get an upgrade in a couple of weeks?!? that was back in early september.

Baffles me that they would launch a half finished system, really hope they get it fully sorted before they take down marketmaker otherwise I like i imagine a lot of others will have to go elsewhere.

Baffles me to ?

Adverts on Cabs in London for a Platform which really is just a beta version. I like the fact CMC is London based and was nearly tempted to trade live but so many factors make that not possible.

Craig ! Where are the updates on here and on the platform ?

I think unless cmc improve things quickly they will lose a lot of markrt share.

As other platfrorms get better they launch a platform with some of the most basic charts I have ever seen on a sb platform.

You can now get much better charts with much lower spreads elsewhere,well better charts nearly everywhere to be honest!

I appreciate some of the points Craig made but having played with the platform for a while I find after a very short time it feels heavy to use and the lack of pop outs is a basic mistake too imo.

I mean come on surely quality charts are the number 1 thing traders need to trade.

I am starting to wonder if this is deliberate.

It certainly appears is not a priority to them.

Because we have added extra decimal points on to many of our most popular instruments, to offer greater price transparency, you can actually set limit orders fractions of a pip away, if you wish.

I am interested , can you explain how different you would be compared with ProSpreads, i mean main thing do you offer DMA, or are your dealers still quoting the prices.?

I am interested , can you explain how different you would be compared with ProSpreads, i mean main thing do you offer DMA, or are your dealers still quoting the prices.?

No SBs are really DMA, I believe, so hopefully 'no requotes' CMC should be like Prospreads, except with narrower spreads.

No SBs are really DMA, I believe, so hopefully 'no requotes' CMC should be like Prospreads, except with narrower spreads.

Ross

i have run my old TT against the prospreads platform and it mirrors the same prices, if they are not DMA then i would be amazed as the fill's and fast execution if second to none. It's ok saying about the spreads that some sbetters offer may look better, but as i have said before it's maybe not getting into the trade it's the getting out that really matters, this is where the other guy's dont honour there spread( they know your position so make the market accordingly) , thats why they are far much better than all the rest, also i like seeing my orders actually changing the volumes of the underlying market, you dont see that anywhere else, that's why i beleive they are DMA.