CMC Markets - Next Generation Platform

I think the platform may well appeal to new inexperienced customers but cant see any serious chartist being happy with that set up,market maker was much more geared to serious traders and that had slipped behind to the superb advanced charts offered by IG from it finance.

Never seen that sort of slippage on stops either.

When I traded regualarly with cmc yes I got loads of requotes but slippage on stops was unusual.

At the end of the day I guess most sb firms have their good and bad points and you just have to weigh them up and go with whats best for your needs.

I think the platform may well appeal to new inexperienced customers but cant see any serious chartist being happy with that set up,market maker was much more geared to serious traders and that had slipped behind to the superb advanced charts offered by IG from it finance.

Never seen that sort of slippage on stops either.

When I traded regualarly with cmc yes I got loads of requotes but slippage on stops was unusual.

At the end of the day I guess most sb firms have their good and bad points and you just have to weigh them up and go with whats best for your needs.
I honestly don't know what to say about the negative posts on this thread. Too much complaining and too little real facts for my taste. CMC have a slippage model they adopt, in return you are supposed not to get narrow spread, no re-quotes and no rejections. Apparently by some they give too much slippage (although others are saying the opposite), so I can't really tell what is the case. Sorry to say I am not able at this moment to trade live with CMC. As for for the site, well, it will get a upgrade quite soon. But honestly, I couldn't care less about the looks, if they only deliver what they claim. Charts and so forth I take care of myself, the execution is the main and overall thing for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly don't know what to say about the negative posts on this thread. Too much complaining and too little real facts for my taste. CMC have a slippage model they adopt, in return you are supposed not to get narrow spread, no re-quotes and no rejections. Apparently by some they give too much slippage (although others are saying the opposite), so I can't really tell what is the case. Sorry to say I am not able at this moment to trade live with CMC. As for for the site, well, it will get a upgrade quite soon. But honestly, I couldn't care less about the looks, if they only deliver what they claim. Charts and so forth I take care of myself, the execution is the main and overall thing for me.

Best thing to do is to open a live account (it takes 30 mins) and start trading, what's the hold up? When you start trading live then see the games begin. ;)

Best thing to do is to open a live account (it takes 30 mins) and start trading, what's the hold up? When you start trading live then see the games begin. ;)
Yes I agree, personal experience is always best. I would have done so long ago, if only I was allowed to. At the moment it is not open for foreigners.

Post for gle101

You didn't appreciate my honest critique of CMC's supposed next gen platform, and you didn't answer my question as to what you wanted from me, so here's one for you.

CMC's next gen platform is brilliant, I like the fact that I have to choose well in advance a Buy OR a Sell ticket - it stops me becoming confused as to what I want to do.

When I click on Buy or Sell there is often a very pretty little circle thing spinning around whilst I wait for the fill - very entertaining.

I love the surprise as to how much I have lost when my stop loss gets hit - wouldn't life be boring if one only lost what one expected to lose.

Hope that's better for you.

Re: Post for gle101

You didn't appreciate my honest critique of CMC's supposed next gen platform, and you didn't answer my question as to what you wanted from me, so here's one for you.

CMC's next gen platform is brilliant, I like the fact that I have to choose well in advance a Buy OR a Sell ticket - it stops me becoming confused as to what I want to do.

When I click on Buy or Sell there is often a very pretty little circle thing spinning around whilst I wait for the fill - very entertaining.

I love the surprise as to how much I have lost when my stop loss gets hit - wouldn't life be boring if one only lost what one expected to lose.

I can tell you have real experience with this platform from your post ;)

I can tell you have real experience with this platform from your post ;)

Yeah - hundreds of trades. The platform wasn't bad at the start, fills were quick and stops were in the most part getting hit on the money, all it needed was the few extra features that has been discussed...

It has since dramatically deteriorated to the point that a few extra features are not going to help - shame because I was a keen supporter of Peter and what I thought he was trying to do.

Sorry about that, but I just wanted more info from you about the whole picture of trading with CMC, how many trades and such. Please answer my post #155.:)

Yeah - hundreds of trades. The platform wasn't bad at the start, fills were quick and stops were in the most part getting hit on the money, all it needed was the few extra features that has been discussed...

It has since dramatically deteriorated to the point that a few extra features are not going to help - shame because I was a keen supporter of Peter and what I thought he was trying to do.
You have done hundreds of trades? And how many of these do you get slippage and in average how much?

Yes, very disappointing. As it looks like execution was fine until you made a certain amount of profit by trading in a way that cost CMC money, this seems to be an example of good old SB deviousness. Discrimination between clients goes against MiFID, I think.

Yes, very disappointing. As it looks like execution was fine until you made a certain amount of profit by trading in a way that cost CMC money, this seems to be an example of good old SB deviousness. Discrimination between clients goes against MiFID, I think.
If this is the case why is he still trading with them? If it is correct in what he is saying they have put in a delay. I would not been able to trade that way and would have been gone in a day or so. Yes you are correct, individual discrimination is not allowed according to the MiFID, also with MiFID II around the corner it will be tighten up even further. If they close the account though, they are not doing nothing wrong in my opinion.

I am still using CMC because I can still make money with them, I just hate being cheated and will definitely look to move, I will try City and if not happy with them I will reluctantly go back to IG - the reason I left IG was unacceptable stop slippage, but this was nothing compared to what I now experience at CMC.

I trade all day every day and have made hundreds of trades with CMC. I would estimate 80% of the time my stop gets slipped by a fraction of a point - today I've had 4 wins and one loss which was on a 13 stop and was slipped by 0.6 - is that acceptable - I don't think so on a platform that claims to be 'next generation'. 10% of the time I would estimate that my stops get slipped by over a point, yesterday 2.4 and 1.6. The remaining 10% get hit on the money.

Fills and closes are now very slow compared to how they were when I first opened an account with CMC - nothing has changed my end so I can only assume something has been changed their end.

I'm not a spread bet basher - I encouraged and supported Peter when the platform lived up to his claims - now it doesn't so I'm not going to say it does to please him or anyone else.

I doubt stop slippage is targeted at just those that are successful - I would imagine it is widespread and makes up for 0.7 spread.

If this is the case why is he still trading with them? If it is correct in what he is saying they have put in a delay. I would not been able to trade that way and would have been gone in a day or so. Yes you are correct, individual discrimination is not allowed according to the MiFID, also with MiFID II around the corner it will be tighten up even further. If they close the account though, they are not doing nothing wrong in my opinion.

So you will allowed to be a spreadbetter as long as you don't win regulary, and you're ok with accounts being closed? Jeeze, you're just the type they want.

I am still using CMC because I can still make money with them, I just hate being cheated and will definitely look to move, I will try City and if not happy with them I will reluctantly go back to IG - the reason I left IG was unacceptable stop slippage, but this was nothing compared to what I now experience at CMC.

I trade all day every day and have made hundreds of trades with CMC. I would estimate 80% of the time my stop gets slipped by a fraction of a point - today I've had 4 wins and one loss which was on a 13 stop and was slipped by 0.6 - is that acceptable - I don't think so on a platform that claims to be 'next generation'. 10% of the time I would estimate that my stops get slipped by over a point, yesterday 2.4 and 1.6. The remaining 10% get hit on the money.

Fills and closes are now very slow compared to how they were when I first opened an account with CMC - nothing has changed my end so I can only assume something has been changed their end.

I'm not a spread bet basher - I encouraged and supported Peter when the platform lived up to his claims - now it doesn't so I'm not going to say it does to please him or anyone else.

I doubt stop slippage is targeted at just those that are successful - I would imagine it is widespread and makes up for 0.7 spread.
Now we are talking facts. I think 0.6 is within an acceptable level considering the execution model they use, if you get positive slippage as well that would make up for some of the negative slippage, not many of this as I understand though. 2.4 points sounds too much (not many of these), if there wasn't a real gap in the market, news trading and such. I guess one just have to accept there is slippage, as it is there model of execution. You have to look at all the hundreds of trades, what will the average spread be (included the slippage). The price you get, is it a price you are willing to pay to avoid re-quotes and trade rejections. However, if there is a the slowness in the system, that would put me off immediately.

Now we are talking facts. I think 0.6 is within an acceptable level considering the execution model they use, if you get positive slippage as well that would make up for some of the negative slippage, not many of this as I understand though. 2.4 points sounds too much (not many of these), if there wasn't a real gap in the market, news trading and such. I guess one just have to accept there is slippage, as it is there model of execution. You have to look at all the hundreds of trades, what will the average spread be (included the slippage). The price you get, is it a price you are willing to pay to avoid re-quotes and trade rejections. However, if there is a the slowness in the system, that would put me off immediately.

Re-quotes have never been an issue with me - so I suppose it comes down to each individual's needs and their style of trading. I hate having my stop slipped when I feel it unnecessary - I can even live with the slow execution, but what I hate even more is the BS that is touted about next gen being different and new when it is in fact worse than what has existed for many years before. You'll get your chance at some point to see for yourself, but I think you'll be disappointed in the same way many of us have been.

Do you get the same delay if you try the demo account at the same time?

Re-quotes have never been an issue with me - so I suppose it comes down to each individual's needs and their style of trading. I hate having my stop slipped when I feel it unnecessary - I can even live with the slow execution, but what I hate even more is the BS that is touted about next gen being different and new when it is in fact worse than what has existed for many years before. You'll get your chance at some point to see for yourself, but I think you'll be disappointed in the same way many of us have been.
x4x, no I will not get disappointing over slippage. PC said there is slippage, but should be equal positive slippage (which I doubt very much). You have 0.7 spread, so how do they make up for this not possible spread (e.g. the US30)? They will not give away free money this is for certain. Worst than years before, Market Maker with 4 point spread on the US30, really x4x how could it really be worse than this? No user predefine stop loss in points trading with Market Maker, no thanks, being a Risk & Money Management guy I just have to say a big no to trading with the Market Maker platform.

x4x, no I will not get disappointing over slippage. PC said there is slippage, but should be equal positive slippage (which I doubt very much). You have 0.7 spread, so how do they make up for this not possible spread (e.g. the US30)? They will not give away free money this is for certain. Worst than years before, Market Maker with 4 point spread on the US30, really x4x how could it really be worse than this? No user predefine stop loss in points trading with Market Maker, no thanks, being a Risk & Money Management guy I just have to say a big no to trading with the Market Maker platform.

Anyone who makes consistent profits and stays in this game long term HAS to be a risk and money management guy - that's why I hate having my stop slipped - each time I trade I have to consider that my risk has potentially increased by 10 or 20%. This is useless to me and not something I want to deal with when other platforms remove that unknown element. I have now opened a City account and will be trialling them.....