CMC Markets - Next Generation Platform

What's the betting T2W won't delete this thread, just posts within it. Why? Because it's advertising for CMC, so obvious for some to see, lol.

Anyone who makes consistent profits and stays in this game long term HAS to be a risk and money management guy - that's why I hate having my stop slipped - each time I trade I have to consider that my risk has potentially increased by 10 or 20%. This is useless to me and not something I want to deal with when other platforms remove that unknown element. I have now opened a City account and will be trialling them.....
Yes I agree, it is a security risk, and must be monitored carefully. Anyway City is great, spread and execution wise. Big minus on the non user predefine stop loss in points(have been able to solve this satisfactory). I have been trading live with them for quite some time. Surprised by the good execution and service, not perfect but good enough for me to stay on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have now opened a City account and will be trialling them.....

Be interesting to see how you get on. Every time I try City/Fins I get the impression that execution is exact and rapid initially, then it suddenly gets worse when/if you make consistent gains. Miraculously, the platform starts to work perfectly again when you've suffered a few days of trade rejections and almost certainly lost money as a result.

Of course, it could all be paranoia or coincidence.:)

Any live traders with CMC received this email?

Please note that effective from Monday 3rd October, there will be some changes to the UK100 trading hours. There will now be a short break between 07:50 and 08:00 in addition to the current breaks between 21:15 until 21:30 and 22:30 until 23:00.

Please see the revised trading times below.

23:00 - 07:50
08:00 - 21:15
21:30 - 22:30

Please note that the close on Friday remains at 21:00.

Please note all the above times are British Summer Time (BST).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now call me paranoid but why would they decide to take a 'break' pre-market open, hmmmmm. They are getting worse, it's shameless.

Any live traders with CMC received this email?

Please note that effective from Monday 3rd October, there will be some changes to the UK100 trading hours. There will now be a short break between 07:50 and 08:00 in addition to the current breaks between 21:15 until 21:30 and 22:30 until 23:00.

Please see the revised trading times below.

23:00 - 07:50
08:00 - 21:15
21:30 - 22:30

Please note that the close on Friday remains at 21:00.

Please note all the above times are British Summer Time (BST).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now call me paranoid but why would they decide to take a 'break' pre-market open, hmmmmm. They are getting worse, it's shameless.
Every SB have their own solution dealing with open hours. City do not immediately open FTSE for trading at the start of the morning session. They wait for a half minute or so. So what do I do, do I cry my heart out and leave them, of course not, I trade with some other SB at that specific time to get into a trade.

PC promised the upgrade before the end of September - so wondering what live users make of it....?

Anyone contacted PC and the new forum he supposed to be on.

Anyone contacted PC and the new forum he supposed to be on.

His new forum will also end in tears. Gli101, you sound like black swan now, a desperate sb nob jockey.

Every SB have their own solution dealing with open hours. City do not immediately open FTSE for trading at the start of the morning session. They wait for a half minute or so. So what do I do, do I cry my heart out and leave them, of course not, I trade with some other SB at that specific time to get into a trade.

You don't even trade.

His new forum will also end in tears. Gli101, you sound like black swan now, a desperate sb nob jockey.
You are entitled to your opinion, it doesn't bother me at all. Keep posting good quality content, ha ha.

Re: Post for gle101

So you will allowed to be a spreadbetter as long as you don't win regulary, and you're ok with accounts being closed? Jeeze, you're just the type they want.
Let me try to explain. If they close your account, legally they have done nothing wrong. They are not forced to keep you as a client you know. In fact it is much better in my opinion closing the account, rather then being referred to a dealer which (except for larger stakes) is not allowed according to the MiFID.

Pc stated cmc have never closed a successful account, bs. So he or his company can't be trusted obviously.

Pc stated cmc have never closed a successful account, bs. So he or his company can't be trusted obviously.
The trading environment regarding SB and market makers is long from being perfect. There are flaws and these have to be taken in consideration trading SB. One have a choice, to trade with them or not, if one does the main responsibility falls on the trader.

So why no comments about the uprated platform? Charts are hugely improved. Not so sure about order entries yet, and the direct from charts trading facility still doesn't seem to work properly.

So why no comments about the uprated platform? Charts are hugely improved. Not so sure about order entries yet, and the direct from charts trading facility still doesn't seem to work properly.
So an update of the platform have in fact taken place? What about open a long and short order ticket simultaneously?

Apparently many of the feature promised by PC is now implemented in the new platform. The most important one is simultaneously Buy and Sell ticket. And not to forget to mention, white background on charts.:)
It will be very interesting to see if they done anything regarding the slippage. Well Ross, I think we have to give PC credit for delivering what he has promised. Awful quite among the doubters now, don't you think?:)

Apparently many of the feature promised by PC is now implemented in the new platform. The most important one is simultaneously Buy and Sell ticket. And not to forget to mention, white background on charts.:)
It will be very interesting to see if they done anything regarding the slippage. Well Ross, I think we have to give PC credit for delivering what he has promised. Awful quite among the doubters now, don't you think?:)

yes it goes in the right direction (y)

I wonder why the delay for new gen for sweden market?

hopefully it has something to do with this?

http://investeringskonto.com/

So an update of the platform have in fact taken place? What about open a long and short order ticket simultaneously?

Order ticket enhancements:

The web platform now has a number of new order ticket preferences. The new orders preferences tab shown below allows you to save ticket quantity by product. Each time you trade that product the platform will remember your last trade quantity and preset this in the quantity field in the ticket.

Set limit order preferences such as default expiry and default distance from current Market Price

Set default Take Profit and Stop Loss distances so that each time you load a ticket these orders are present and set at pre-determined levels away from the current market price.

You now have the ability to Open a Buy and Sell ticket at the same time:clap:
This will allow you to have multiple trades set up created so you can react quickly to market announcements or moves.

Order ticket enhancements | CMC Markets

Major charting upgrades

Major charting upgrades | CMC Markets