Clown's Weekly 34.

Beste wensen aan allen

The Dutch Clown said:
Pacito,

Without a shadow of a doubt you are the one that digs into charts to find the ones in the past that do look like ones that might be the ones presenting the future. In the 2007 road map preparation I came across a chart that I just have to show you and I have included the axes for you as well so you might be struck by the Y axe values.

Happy trading.
Dear Clown

Exactly what I thought... but GJ seems to be so attached to fibos that 503 should be hit first... nevertheless, I still have some homework to do , especially around the range rules... the breaking should 498... tension is growing... :cheesy: have a nice evening... :!:

Best regards

Didi

zou ie dan de NR nie gezien hebben?!

No mountain high enough even if there are 7 of them,

The use of Technical Analysis in trading provided me initially with huge loses and you might say I have learned the lagging indicator performance the hard way so I left the general TA and moved into advanced TA and studied Elliott Wave. And guess what my trading did produce winning trades besides the familiar losing ones so my result improved. In that phase I attended a meeting where somebody presented bits and pieces of the new TA school although I did not adopt it right away I started to follow the presenter (GJN) in other publications.

GJN is Geert-Jan Nikken who is Technical Analist at Fortis Bank in Amsterdam and he is the one that got me back to Technical Analysis as new school versus old school with more focus on the reading indicators. In 2005 GJN had a 415 target (I think it was 415) and he had a hard time getting there but the fact is that it appeared on the board in December. That was the trigger for me to learn more about the TA new school. GJN has presented an outlook in December 2005 for the AEX down even 3xx and then up to 512 before the end of the year. You can understand that nobody took hem serious anymore when the AEX did hit 478,44 first and 3xx became 409,56 and even 512 did not come close since 5xx was nowhere near. Right after the 409,56 hit he stated that the 3xx scenario was out and the focus was 512 and anybody can see what happened since.

One of the techniques I use is in fact of Gann foundation although I have grown to appreciate the crossing of different techniques more and more. Over the years I have adopted many different techniques and the ones that proved to be an asset to my trading I have included. Bare in mind that an Analyst and a Trader are extremely different disciplines and a Trader needs to do an Analysis for trading specifically which is something totally different.

Remember to Trade to Win.

Gjnd

Oh yes, he sees it. He is walking up and down his room, ruining the carpet, breathing in through his nose and out through his mouth, because he is so confident about 512. Its really not that strange because he could be right. One last push and then the expected scenario could even be more tradeworthy than having the effect of the ND now. ( even the short term NR)
At this moment we are (I think) at a crossing, that go both ways. So no trade for me at this moment.
Pacito

Ik vraag het mij ook af !!!

The Dutch Clown said:

The use of Technical Analysis ...

GJN is Geert-Jan Nikken who is Technical Analist at Fortis Bank in Amsterdam and he is the one that got me back to Technical Analysis as new school versus old school with more focus on the reading indicators. In 2005 GJN had a 415 target (I think it was 415) and he had a hard time getting there but the fact is that it appeared on the board in December. That was the trigger for me to learn more about the TA new school. GJN has presented an outlook in December 2005 for the AEX down even 3xx and then up to 512 before the end of the year. You can understand that nobody took hem serious anymore when the AEX did hit 478,44 first and 3xx became 409,56 and even 512 did not come close since 5xx was nowhere near. Right after the 409,56 hit he stated that the 3xx scenario was out and the focus was 512 and anybody can see what happened since.

Remember to Trade to Win.

Dear clown,

Although the cycle is beginning to bent, the results of the Range Rules analysis are not that negative...

We have 2 odds against one: RR & SHS pattern vs. Elliott... :rolleyes:

Have a nice day

Gogo

P.S. I just had a look on the IEX site, and guess what...GJ is 'aan het ijsberen'...

gogo27 said:
Sorry Pacito , It was not the intention to...
No hard feelings. It was just the "ijsberen" that caused some problems. GJ can hardly be called a bear. So, translating that would give a wrong idea about him. And then "ijs". There's probably no one who is sweating more than he is. Running around also will raise his temperature. Then the fact that the moderator does not allow another language than English completes the reason that I did not copy his posting from IEX.
Pacito

Nr?

Clown,

I'm curious where You see a NR? If You refer to the day chart, Brown says that when there are new highs the target is not valid. Or do You have an other opinion?

What I have found is a PR. Look at my wallpaper......

Attachments

• AEX PR.gif
    AEX PR.gif
    30.5 KB · Views: 279
Theorie

In this picture You see wave 2 ending at the 50% of 1.
Wave 3 is a 1.618 target of 1. 50% retrace gives 4.
The end is marked at point 5 which is the same as wave 1. I close my longs at 501,55.

Success....

Attachments

• AEX elliot.gif
    AEX elliot.gif
    14.2 KB · Views: 266
zou ie dan de NR nie gezien hebben?!

The Dutch Clown said:

hoi clown,
thanks for your explanation the "secret figures GJN". Years ago i followed the IEX-site and the comments of GJN and ? (in that times he had a companion). Since, i beleive 2-3 years, i din't folow that site. And than of course you forget some "turbo-talk". I also was disappointed in traditionel TA, like the MA's. And a few years ago i started with elliot. But that also isn't easy and trading on basis of elliot waves.....i don't have a lot succes. Of course it is my problem a I think to little free time. But in al that years experience is growing and out 5 months ago I saw on the web A ruud and he used DeMark. Following him was very nice and now i try to learn some theory of DeMark. Especially the elliot-problem of knowing if the wave has ended DeMark give some calculations you can use. And only 2 months ago i started in reading more about Gann. A whole new world is opening now. So I have a lot to study and analyse and of course than still there is the problem of good trading. So, i only call myself a starter and if i only stay reading all the theories than i only stay a starter.
I don't know anything of what you named THE NEW TA SCHOOL. Could you gave me a link where i can find more? And of course i'll visit sometimes the IEX-site and read the GJN colum.
And maybe i can learn from you and other fellows on this forum.

sjoerd

Nee hoor hij ziet het nie?!

"
Opnieuw sluit ik een test van 498 - 497 niet uit, maar opnieuw denk ik dat deze steun de verkoopdruk opvangt.

Op langere termijn zie ik de huidige ontwikkeling als een terugtest op de oude, horizontale weerstand. Ik handhaaf voor volgende week daarom mijn koersdoel van 506.

"

Polar Bear in Amsterdam problem no more ICE

LOL

geintje moe kunne toch??

From a Dutch Add on the Television:

" ik had nog zo gezegd geen bommetje"

The Dutch Clown said:
"
Opnieuw sluit ik een test van 498 - 497 niet uit, maar opnieuw denk ik dat deze steun de verkoopdruk opvangt.

Op langere termijn zie ik de huidige ontwikkeling als een terugtest op de oude, horizontale weerstand. Ik handhaaf voor volgende week daarom mijn koersdoel van 506.

"

LOL

geintje moe kunne toch??

Dear Clown

I'm still wondering why GJ was so stubborn to maintain his view to 512... :cheesy:

Have a nice weekend...

Didi

P.S. I like this icon ... :cheesy:

'een terugtest op de oude, horizontale weerstand' :arrowr: welke.?..

:idea: 445?

The Dutch Clown said:
"

"

LOL

geintje moe kunne toch??

It is strange, of course, reading the comments here, that GJN, in any case for today, seemed
to be on the right track.

Is it possible to throw a new light over the negative reversal that was seen here and the opposite direction the Dutch Index choose today?

:idea:

With respect

Jane