• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

[PORTFOLIO] CavaliereVerde investing

I am very happy to have so many friends!
Friendship and respect matter much more than money!
As promised I will disclose the exit rule for my B&H portfolios.

Return 2Y <0 AND Return 1Y <0

If other friends will come I will disclose something about the composition of portfolio and the entry filter.
Stay tuned!

Last edited:
wide5M.png

Main portfolio.

I am not trading darwins, the goal is to b&h forever and he has run out of discipline, he will stay out for at least 6 months.
LA is very volatile.
The filter is only the first requirement, than there is the discretionary analysis of trading journal and behaviour of the trader.
He is a good guy but I still miss the complete picture of edge and discipline.

Last edited:
My thinking is that it will take a while before he forgets the lesson he just received.By that time Entry point will be already well in the money and protected with trailing Stop-loss.But I prefer to wait a little more to see he is stable.
I also thought like you:buy and hold.But you must be vigilant(stop-loss orders,info in the forum,trading journal).
I looked in his trading journal and the guy actually has an edge.He is averaging-down in any meaningful way quite rarely on a yearly basis(maybe 7 times a year)The rest is good trading.

Some more details about my losing investment on CIS .

I dont' blame the trader, it was my mistake.
One of the other rules of my filter is:
  • EX =10
I entered before, ignoring this requirement.
The lesson is the even if we have 1 or 2 years of trackrecord it is important to have a complete sample of trades.
A complete picture is even more important when the knowledge of the trader is limited and we deal with loss averse trading.

Last edited:
Great topic! I like it.
Just, I'm from VietNam, very strictly about sending money to outside.
So, I can not play as investor role at Darwinex. Just trader role, instead (to build and test my trading system).
I also trade at TickMill as my favor broker.

Ah ok. I was hoping that you could overlay the Darwin versus the portofiolo ....and just overlay more Darwins on the same chart instead of 1 by 1 :( much like the display of their sample portofolio before

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking about the "silent majority of investors"
Investors are not so equal.
Fore example the investors of SYO are quite sticky, 2019 was very difficult to endure on SYO, very long DD and modest result.
I am a long time investor of SYO and I never invested HFD , it is not a secret it is written on my old topic.
Having said that it is clear that recently many investors of HFD migrated to SYO , there are less attractive heroes for lazy investors.

BTW I am exactly the opposite of the majority of silent losing investors ! :ROFLMAO: :cool:
I think a very thin minority of investors is in green on 6M.
Not easy, 4 years of working my ass.

veterans6m.png

Veterans portfolio
10 darwins

I am very confident of this portfolio.
After 4 years of investing I can state that trackrecords and numbers are not enough to find traders with a real alpha.
The majority of darwins in this portfolio is there because of additional information beyond results.
When I see this I uderstand that the old community has been very useful to me as investor.
Ther would not be this result without the knowledge of other traders I acheived there.
I helped other users, I helped Darwinex but I helped also myself.

Last edited:
View attachment 289454

Veterans portfolio
10 darwins

I am very confident of this portfolio.
After 4 years of investing I can state that trackrecords and numbers are not enough to find traders with a real alpha.
the majourity od darwins in this portfolio is there because of additional information beyound results.
When I see this I uderstand that the old community has been very useful to me as investor.
Ther would not be this result without the knowledge of other traders I acheived there.
I helped other users, I helped Darwinex but I helped also myself.
Traders with Alpha are hard to find.

The real trader with alpha don't sit and chat. They talk to investors. Traders with alpha don't seek investors.
I don't trade or watch Darwin accounts but I know other places to watch and few are good traders.