Best Thread Capital Spreads

As some of you might have seen today I retired from LCG having started it from one man at a desk and built it over 10 years it is now someone else's burden

I am sure that a representative will come on line here and on the other threads and web sites that i contribute to in the near future . But in the meantime I wish you all the very best . Even those who I might not have seen eye to with over time.

Cheers

Simon

As some of you might have seen today I retired from LCG having started it from one man at a desk and built it over 10 years it is now someone else's burden

I am sure that a representative will come on line here and on the other threads and web sites that i contribute to in the near future . But in the meantime I wish you all the very best . Even those who I might not have seen eye to with over time.

Cheers

Simon
Simon, well, I like to take the opportunity to thank you for being on this forum and for all the interesting discussions we have had over the years. I hope and wish you all the best in the years to come. Maybe that will be in some other area besides spread betting. Good luck!

Wish you all the best Simon, and hope LCG will keep their low and fixed spreads, the best price I can see int the industry now as I have noticed that CIty Index has changed their forex spreads from fixed to dymanic (averagely larger) spreads already.

Congrats Simon! Although i'm sure you rdeparture will be a loss for the company and the industry. I hope you stick around these forums as I always valued your input on topics other then capital spreads. Any big plans for the future?

Congrats Simon! Although i'm sure you rdeparture will be a loss for the company and the industry. I hope you stick around these forums as I always valued your input on topics other then capital spreads. Any big plans for the future?

I'd second that. Well done, Mr D. for sticking around here so long and always trying to give straight answers to questions, even when they were completely unreasonable, or phrased offensively!

The same goes for me Simon, I think you have set an excellent example that we would certainly like to see other firms follow.

I hope your replacement does the same as the input will be missed by our members.

With best wishes for the future and try not to spend that massive golden handshake all at once. :cheesy:

Steve

But the execution on the Dow is not as good since Simon left.:)
A lot price no longer valid messages i starting to appear.

Rookie question here.

What happens if a position turns sour and I hit my margin? Will it just automatically close the position?

You will get a phone call / e-mail asking for you to put down a margin payment. If its not paid after a couple of requests then they are likely to close the position.

Thanks for that. But can they keep up with the users that are needed to be called with this issue? I mean there would be hundreds, if not thousands of them per day.
Hopefully most of the traders use some kind of money management, it would be awful if this figure comes in a number of thousands.:)