Best Thread Capital Spreads

Very Strange. On one computer, the heading for the instruments on the deal tickets are blank. For chrome. Not checked other browsers. On another computer, it is fine. Has worked previously. All of a sudden, started this morning.

Since the upgrade to the website, I am not able to log in to my demo account, I have tried Google chrome and Firefox.

Still the problem persists with the blank headings on the deal tickets.

Volatility has picked up on EURUSD but the call sign is rampantly appearing similar to last time.

twinj

i am out in the wilds of north essex at the moment (am logged in as an ordinary client) and am not seeing the effect (well i saw one which lasted less than a second)

simon

As I wrote, it was most likely to do with the sudden rise in volatility. It happened perhaps 10 times or so during that rise.

Simon,

Can you confirm whether the charts had problems just a few minutes ago? Price ticket was fine but the charts just froze and I had to refresh them to get them going again.

twinj

looking at the tick data on the eur/usd (as this is probably the one that moves the most) I cannot detect any problem/obvious gaps

the chart i had open (gold) is still working fine and it has been open since this morning

simon

Thanks Simon for quick post. I think there may have been a conflict with another website. But to affect both computers is strange.

Simon, out of interest, do you trade yourself personally? Or are you not allowed?

Last edited:
ffsear

yes i do , but only in a very small way. generally losing money trading gold/currency and indices

Unfortunately, for some regulatory reason i cannot understand(!), I am not allowed to trade with my own company and manipulate the market. Which i think is most unfair.

(every trade i do has to be reported to compliance which is also a bit annoying as they can see my abysmal performance)

Simon

Simon,

Back on the charts issue raised yesterday. There is something funny going on. It appears that there was no conflict with the other website as I am not using it. The problem of freezing charts happened at 10:23. For some reason, not all the charts froze though. I refreshed them and without showing any missing data points, everything back to normal. Then the same freezing happened at 12:09. This time all the charts froze. Please can you provide some help?

twinj

i will have to suggest you call our customer support team who will be able to put you in contact with our chart suppliers.

simon

Looked at a lot of chart feeds especially for forex and the CS one is fine, absolutely fine, as you would imagine given their wholesale forex business. it seems to mirror the currenex feed which is deep liquidity. IGs feed, on the other hand, seems a bit adaptive regarding spreads- My estimate is IG's spread on average, is more like 2 points than CS's one point. Get quote tickets open from both firms and see what I mean. Have noticed the odd weird issue with the quote tickets but very rarely and hasn't affected me. The new charts system from CS is fantastic quality for free, and it's just great to have Simon on here answering queries, long may it continue.

One tiny thing- would be good if I could change my password online!

I tried logging into a demo account but always got a error page so I gave up(n)

Not sure why that would be the case. I think Chrome is the most stable browser for their platform.

I agree that first impressions are important but well worth pursuing. Try their email for help. They are pretty good.

Best of luck.

neil

sry to hear that . customer support are quite a nice bunch and can generally talk you through any tech probs 0207 4567 020

simon