Best Thread Capital Spreads

You are both right, except it doesn't work that way in the wild west. The FOS is inundated with complaints regarding SB companies and many of these complaints end up being settled by the SB company having to pay the client. On top of that the SB company needs to pay the FOS also. Why they let it get to this point is just crazy when it ends up that they can't prove their position and the client wins.

Apparently SB companies treat it like poker and will nearly always try bluffing it out.

Apparently SB companies treat it like poker and will nearly always try bluffing it out.

I've never thought about it this way but it is a great analogy. Kudos for coming up with the bluffing part of it, too right:cheesy:

If you feel you have a good case, always let the FOS decide for as long as it takes. You have nothing to lose. Bluffers eventually get caught at their own game.

i have no idea where some people get their info but i assume it is either from the bottom of a bottle or just made up on the spur of the moment. Some people basically consider all SBs to be in the wrong no matter what.

If anyone wants a few facts.

the complaints we had to the FOS which we paid out on were nothing to do with spread betting they were to do with losses made on a managed FX account (not managed by LCG in any way) and traded over the Currenex FX platform.

In Spread Betting (over Capital Spreads and all our WL partners etc) we have had 15 complaints to FOS for the years 2011 and 2012. 7 have been found in our favour 7 are still pending an answer and a glorious 1 was found for the client (and I still fume about this one as the client used our goodwill against us)> given that the FOS is generally minded to side with clients (as in the financial world there must be a balancing system short of having to go to court) this shows how client favorable we at Capital Spreads actually are.

i realise that some people will not believe us no matter what but i generally find the IG's... City Index... CapitalSpreads of the world are far more open to client interaction/complaints than virtually any other area of financial services. ... for a start... when was the last time anyone calling us had to go through a computer filter process before getting to a human being.

Simon

Last edited:
yes

but you cannot put them particularly close (i think the closest is 10% away) and guaranteed orders cannot be placed out of market hours also they cost 1% of the underlying value of the equity. so if you wanted a guaranteed stop on a £1 bet in Google [current price $714.29] you would have to pay £714.29 and could not place it closer than $71.43 away.

GS could be dangerous products for Spread Betting companies and so we do not give them away cheaply, although compared to the cost of a perpetual 'PUT' option (if you are long) they are still very good value indeed.

Simon

i have no idea where some people get their info but i assume it is either from the bottom of a bottle or just made up on the spur of the moment. Some people basically consider all SBs to be in the wrong no matter what.

If anyone wants a few facts.

the complaints we had to the FOS which we paid out on were nothing to do with spread betting they were to do with losses made on a managed FX account (not managed by LCG in any way) and traded over the Currenex FX platform.

In Spread Betting (over Capital Spreads and all our WL partners etc) we have had 15 complaints to FOS for the years 2011 and 2012. 7 have been found in our favour 7 are still pending an answer and a glorious 1 was found for the client (and I still fume about this one as the client used our goodwill against us)> given that the FOS is generally minded to side with clients (as in the financial world there must be a balancing system short of having to go to court) this shows how client favorable we at Capital Spreads actually are.

i realise that some people will not believe us no matter what but i generally find the IG's... City Index... CapitalSpreads of the world are far more open to client interaction/complaints than virtually any other area of financial services. ... for a start... when was the last time anyone calling us had to go through a computer filter process before getting to a human being.

Simon

As a matter of fact, I do believe you, but since 2002 I've made three FOS complaints about SBs (none relating to CS or its WLs). Two have been found in my favour and the other is grinding through the system.

PS. I can assure you that all my info comes directly from the bottom of a Tesco can of lager.:)

Actually, of course, we do make mistakes but generally we admit them ...pay out ...and move on.

Arguing any case with the FOS is time consuming, expensive and frankly a bit soul destroying. The only time we ever let a complaint get there is when we are sure that we are in the right... (although.. as mentioned before... we were found to be wrong once when we considered otherwise)...

Simon

Early WARNING about the Bund chart. It appears it is heading into 18th January at 16:30 today. This happened yesterday as well. So I think whatever done in the morning that fixed the problem in the morning has not worked for the afternoon.

Simon,

Just to confirm, Bund chart has indeed gone pear shaped. Their response in the morning is phenomenally fast but shame about the afternoon. Rather than patching for a quick fix, hope it is fixed properly.

Does anyone else use CS charts? Or does anyone use anything else? Would be nice to know what you use instead.

Simon

I think the morning was fine today. Hope it is okay later on today. Will post if it isn't.

Simon

I am a day trader so I try to avoid roll over charges which normally kick in around 9pm GMT. There are times in the early evening when I sometimes feel like entering a market but but being put off by the roll-over charge. So I inevitably either wait after the instruments reopen or I just don't trade. Is it at all possible to apply the roll over charges 24 hours after entry? This strikes me as being fairer?

Does anyone else use CS charts? Or does anyone use anything else? Would be nice to know what you use instead.

You should never use the charts provided by a spreadbet company. They are too slow. You can open an account with another broker just to use their charts.

You should never use the charts provided by a spreadbet company. They are too slow. You can open an account with another broker just to use their charts.

eh? What do you mean they are too slow? Bit of a generalisation don't you think?

sanity

if you read most of the threads on the spread betting site you will see hundreds of comments like this from Pipstar. Basically he is one of this people who seems to hate Spread Betting companies (i assume he lost heavily years ago). He continually comments about Capital Spreads even though he has never (by his own admission) ever had an account with us!
In reality the charts from the spread betting companies are at least as good as any broker (in fact a lot better than most). But you must remember that the charts are from 'our quotes' rather than from actual trades

Simon

Simon

I received an email saying that today is Martin Luther King day Wall Street will close at 16:30. It is past this time and the instrument can be still traded. Please can you tell me what is going on? Ah, it closed at 16:39.

I think the email said it will reopen at 23:01. Is this so?