Brexit Remain Rage

Having an election is not dictatorship.

Referendum is not the same as passing laws.

I'm not about to resign the destiny of the UK to 36% of Brexiters and some career hungry politicians.

I'm not deluded. We do need a sanity check here.

Quite a few people who voted, some doubters and those who didn't are already in shock wondering what's been just delivered to them.

Europe has had its wake up call too.

You just don't get it. Democracy seems to only apply to you if the vote goes your way. Whether YOU or anyone else think it's a bad decision or not is irrelevant, it doesn't and cannot override the majority. The fact is more people voted out than in.

You can't put the 30% of voters who didn't vote in the remain camp. It is just as valid for a Brexiteer to say to you that only 34% of the public voted to remain therefore there is an overwhelming mandate to leave.

The argument that people are in shock and have now changed their mind doesn't apply. Can you imagine having a general election every time opinion polls said the opposition party were now in the lead? Yet this is effectively what you are proposing regarding the referendum - without any evidence that what you are saying is true.

You just don't get it. Democracy seems to only apply to you if the vote goes your way. Whether YOU or anyone else think it's a bad decision or not is irrelevant, it doesn't and cannot override the majority. The fact is more people voted out than in.

You can't put the 30% of voters who didn't vote in the remain camp. It is just as valid for a Brexiteer to say to you that only 34% of the public voted to remain therefore there is an overwhelming mandate to leave.

The argument that people are in shock and have now changed their mind doesn't apply. Can you imagine having a general election every time opinion polls said the opposition party were now in the lead? Yet this is effectively what you are proposing regarding the referendum - without any evidence that what you are saying is true.

This is not about me or you.

Just our parliament and due process of law.

I could be wrong yes.

Having an election is not dictatorship.

Referendum is not the same as passing laws.

I'm not about to resign the destiny of the UK to 36% of Brexiters and some career hungry politicians.

I'm not deluded. We do need a sanity check here.

Quite a few people who voted, some doubters and those who didn't are already in shock wondering what's been just delivered to them.

Europe has had its wake up call too.

I'm not taking sides on this point! I prefer to wait and see. Perhaps, SNP might sweep the board! Why couldn't we have a Scottish pm? Interesting possibilities.

Clearly the market thinks Brexit is the end of the world.

Attachments

• ftse-29-06-16.png
    ftse-29-06-16.png
    149.9 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
if you have a vote and only a 4% margin you will have a lot of very p*ssed off people !!

we just have to get on with it ........at the moment we have a civil war in progress post vote .....and we all know how bad that is historically with overseas countries glaring at us

so lets start pulling together or we are going to get the collective Sh*t kicked out of us on all fronts

N

Seeing how people are going on from the remain side has been an eye opener. It shows me just how many people have tunnel vision. The shocking element is the scale of bitterness about the result. If it was the other way I would just get on with it and adjust my future plans. I wouldn't be going on, and on, and on, and on about how bad this is.

Seeing how people are going on from the remain side has been an eye opener. It shows me just how many people have tunnel vision. The shocking element is the scale of bitterness about the result. If it was the other way I would just get on with it and adjust my future plans. I wouldn't be going on, and on, and on, and on about how bad this is.

Very true! It makes me want to say to those people:

If you don't like the country or government in power and their policies, sod off to another .

Life is a beach... Learn to swim (y)

Agreed. It's Human nature though Forker, we are now accused of gloating while they will now gradually hide behind their unwavering desire to now see it fall on it's ass, no matter how good the move will prove to be, they'll still be blinkered by a deep need to be proven right..........ooh sounds familiar eh....well we all know how that little train of thought ends !

If I had the mindset to stick with the cards I'd been delt as a kid, I'd be working in a sh1tty dead end job in some East London/Essex backwash town. Glad to say I had the b@ll@cks to do something about it.

(ps I have to say, The Boris clip is a genuine pearler btw, funny as fook) !

I only remember him as the bloke that sold half our gold reserves starting when gold was about 200 an ounce. He sums it up better than I ever could here:

164af64b0dad159ebe5614462babe30f.jpg

Switzerland

no matter how good the move will prove to be, they'll still be blinkered by a deep need to be proven right..........ooh sounds familiar eh....well we all know how that little train of thought ends !

There really is only one word you can say to them - Switzerland!

Wikipedia: "On the European level, it is a founding member of the European Free Trade Association, but notably it is not part of the European Union, nor the European Economic Area."

• Switzerland is one of the most developed countries in the world, with the highest nominal wealth per adult and the eighth-highest per capita gross domestic product according to the IMF.
  • Switzerland ranks at or near the top globally in several metrics of national performance, including government transparency, civil liberties, quality of life, economic competitiveness, and human development.
  • Zürich and Geneva have each been ranked among the top cities in the world in terms of quality of life, with the former ranked second globally, according to Mercer.

CIA Factbook:

• Switzerland, a country that espouses neutrality, is a prosperous and modern market economy with low unemployment, a highly skilled labor force, and a per capita GDP among the highest in the world.
  • Switzerland's economy benefits from a highly developed service sector, led by financial services, and a manufacturing industry that specializes in high-technology, knowledge-based production.
  • Its economic and political stability, transparent legal system, exceptional infrastructure, efficient capital markets, and low corporate tax rates also make Switzerland one of the world's most competitive economies.

Oscar mate, do you have any idea why the markets are rising? :LOL:

THEY ARE RISING BECAUSE THERE IS HOPE ARTICLE 50 MAY NOT BE INVOKED. :idea:

You come across as Mr Clueness enjoying a bit of rabble rousing. Great fun. :cool:

There is the hope UK may not leave, based on news from the BBC and currently looking at:

1. Norwary Model
2. Assoc Agreement
3. WTO - rules with 3-10% tariffs

To other gloaters and indeed you are about getting on with it, the European issue is been a THORN on the side of the Tories as long as 1975 with the first referendum. Remember that one. Then Mrs Thatcher, who got a rebate and then Redwood and then good few other *******s (if you recall Major). Farage has been mouthing off for the last 17 years.

You have probably seen the markets reaction to out and in votes. You may not recognise it. Ignore it. Your call. Some of my friends have even said if the UK economy goes down the pan and enters recession it would be good as the immigrants will stop coming here and some can go back home. I leave it to you gloaters to enjoy your achievements.

Last I checked UK is still governed by Parliament and we are a sovereign state with our rules and laws inclusive of referendums.

If you don't like it yes by all means leave.

Until article 50 is invoked, it's BAU. Learn to deal with it. ;)

So if you think markets are rising because of Brexit and not because a deal can me made avoiding invoking article 50, I'd be interested in seeing your posts in the jokes section.

Thanks, :cool:

Does any of these figures come across as a statesmen who can lead the UK over these troubled times?

1. Nigel Farage - similar to Tony Benn. Sounds like he talks sense, but has achieved or built what exactly. After 17 years carrying a bitter struggle looking at negatives and ignoring positives, within 3 days post referendum, has his 17 minutes of glory telling it as it is before anything has been achieved other than turmoil and uncertainty.

2. Boris - competing with Cameron since his teenage years to be PM. Will say anything to get to his means, twisting and turning to stay alive like a worm split in half. Doubt anyone inlcuding him self knows his true principals or ideals, other than 10 Downing street which he can just see on top of that last hill he'll need to climb.

3. Gove - every teachers nightmare. Gets to cabinet by being a friend of Cameron. A close friend. Has delivered the mess schools find them selves in with teachers stretched and reluctant to enter the industry.

These are the people who have lied and rabble roused the Northern men of England, quiet capable of braking up the union to have their personal moment of glory.

These are turbulent moments for the UK. The UK needs every analytical and thinking head right now.

We all need to think if these three clowns are remotely statemen like or have the qualities of a diplomatic leader who can lead. I don't think so.

Let's hope Theresa May serves Tories well and prevents the decimation of the party. :idea: