Brexit Remain Rage

My wife and I received an invite to a friend's informal pro-remain birthday bash tomorrow. My wife replied saying: "We would love to come and celebrate XXXX’s birthday – but must declare that we are not eligible to join a pro-remain gathering! If we are still welcome that would be great." Would you adam 'n eve it, but she's actually had a reply saying we're not welcome and not to attend. Unbelievable! I'm absolutely flabbergasted. Had the vote had gone in favour of remain. we'd have had no issues whatsoever in attending the party knowing that our hosts didn't vote the same way as we did.
Brexit: humble in victory.
Remain: anything but gracious in defeat.
:(

You have some very strange friends :LOL: If you don't mind me saying so !
But if you do mind me saying so, then YAAA BOOOO !!

@ 4:10 'I know that virtually none of you have ever done a proper job in your lives, or worked in business, or worked in trade, or indeed ever created a job'

This is totally true and is One of the main reasons why certain demographics played a pivotal role in the Brexit result.

I liked this bit a lot, all true. :)
(y)

Is it?

I have to say what I feel. Nigel Farage is a rabblerouser. He has opened his mouth in Brussels because he is pleased at the referendum result.

The negotiations have not, yet, begun but when they do, they will be with those people whom Farage has offended. He has not helped the negotiators.

Shame on him.

Is it?

I have to say what I feel. Nigel Farage is a rabblerouser. He has opened his mouth in Brussels because he is pleased at the referendum result.

The negotiations have not, yet, begun but when they do, they will be with those people whom Farage has offended. He has not helped the negotiators.

Shame on him.

Unfortunately for them, Farage has lived in the real world and knows exactly how the world works. As a former trader, I would trust his judgement over career politicians every time.

Is it?

Shame on him.

Unfortunately for them, Farage has lived in the real world and knows exactly how the world works. As a former trader, I would trust his judgement over career politicians every time.

Whilst I agree with most of what c_v has said regarding reasons to vote leave, I'm with Split' on this particular point. Stoking the fires with inflammatory comments - regardless of how true they may or may not be - is not helpful.

This morning, I bought some fish from our brilliant local mobile fishmonger and commented that there must be much joy and jubilation within the fishing community. In the process, I let it be known how I voted. The little old lady in the queue behind me chipped in and asked: "do you regret it now?" I don't, of course, but what is regrettable are some of the antics by some of those on the leave side - Farage in particular. He's a very able man, brilliant public speaker, but a truly sh1te diplomat.
Tim.

He is a bigmouth. All of them use talk as part of their professional kit and I repeat, His performance in Brussels, yesterday, was nothing short of personal triumphalism with no thought of what lies in the two years ahead.

Leaving Brexit aside, because done is done. The UK needs to get the best terms out of Brussels. We've started badly as far as that is concerned . I only hope that the Continentals are not as nasty as Farage was.

Last edited:
It does go to show what one person with enough determination can achieve.
17 years he dedicated to this one gargantuan achievement and he succeeded, whilst getting the EU pay him an obscene salary plus expenses for doing it.

Its a life lesson for all of us, a little humility at the end of it would have made him 'more British', but regardless of whether you think he was right or wrong you have to admire the achievement.

He is a bigmouth. All of them use talk as part of their professional kit and I repeat, His performance in Brussels, yesterday, was nothing short of personal triumphalism with no thought of what lies in the two years ahead.

Leaving Brexit aside, because done is done. The UK needs to get the best terms out of Brussels. We've started badly as far as that is concerned . I only hope that the Continentals are not as nasty as Farage was.

It's all old news now Split. None of this is exclusive to the UK though. The voices of the dissatisfied people across Europe are what matters.
I did explain that if it wasn't the UK that voted out, then another country would have done the same. The EU politicians are out of touch and are not working in the interests of the people. The momentum and direction of travel are set. It is now up to the EU leaders to wake up, take stock and see if they can salvage their precious project by changing direction. If they cannot do this, then it's the end of the project.

It's all old news now Split. None of this is exclusive to the UK though. The voices of the dissatisfied people across Europe are what matters.
I did explain that if it wasn't the UK that voted out, then another country would have done the same. The EU politicians are out of touch and are not working in the interests of the people. The momentum and direction of travel are set. It is now up to the EU leaders to wake up, take stock and see if they can salvage their precious project by changing direction. If they cannot do this, then it's the end of the project.

There seems to be a desire to see the EU break up, on the part of the Brexiters. A person trying to stop smoking has the same experience. Those around him are determined to persuade him to start smoking, again. Why is that?

Let the EU members sink. They are big enough and daft enough to get on with it by themselves, if they want to.

Your concern must be the coming negociations on exit. You say that it is old news. It's not over until the the deals are done.

It does go to show what one person with enough determination can achieve.
17 years he dedicated to this one gargantuan achievement and he succeeded, whilst getting the EU pay him an obscene salary plus expenses for doing it.

Its a life lesson for all of us, a little humility at the end of it would have made him 'more British', but regardless of whether you think he was right or wrong you have to admire the achievement.

Admire his determination, but not necessarily his achievement.

That remains to be seen. :rolleyes:

There seems to be a desire to see the EU break up, on the part of the Brexiters. A person trying to stop smoking has the same experience. Those around him are determined to persuade him to start smoking, again. Why is that?

Let the EU members sink. They are big enough and daft enough to get on with it by themselves, if they want to.

Your concern must be the coming negociations on exit. You say that it is old news. It's not over until the the deals are done.

Brexiters are self gloaters really.

Whole aspect of sovereignty is that we have the power to remove these people from power if they get it wrong.

I strongly suspect we will have new elections and parties will campaign on Europe.

Having seen the outcome of what Brexit may look like, the Tories campaigning for out vote, are likely to lose the election to a coalition Liberal and Labour vote assuming Corbyn gets his head out of his own ar5e.

Then we will get to stay in as the Brexit vote will not come into law.

This show ain't over just yet now that Brexit colours and plans or lack of plans becoming clear.

(y)

Last edited:
"Getting a good deal" - question is who will we be dealing with? The EU in its present form or an EU that may change in the next two years. If other countries go down the exit route then the EU project will HAVE to change, so any time spent "dealing" now could be nugatory.

It would be wise for HMGOV to put as much effort into dealing with the other 150+ countries around the planet as they will dealing with an EU that could be failing faster than Brazil is at the moment.

The remainders might be doing the Brexiters a favour here. As long as we have signed article 50, there definitely won't be any going back and as long as the remainians use delaying tactics it would give the UK time to wake up and see the EU falling apart. No doubt the remain sentiment will begin to change as we "deal" out of the EU and prosper well with everyone else.

Your second paragraph, as well. I agree with that.

UK must, though, get as much as it can out of EU. Billions are billions, no matter where they come from. One problem with that is that Brussels will want to show other member states what they are going to face if they decide to leave, so they may want to make an example out of UK. Whether they have the bigger punch to do that is the question.

Your 3rd paragraph is a possibility, we must wait and see what happens but won't be any help for Brexiters to make nasty remarks while the talks are in progress. Complain, yes.
Insults, no.

If you take the time to watch any of Farages speeches over the last few years you'll be well entertained, his speech yesterday was just his normal MO and will have only come as a shock to anyone not familiar with him standing up in the EU parliament and talking down the political leaders. I hope he continues until he finally has to hand his pass in on the way out.

Most others would have given up on their cause long ago when faced with such a daunting task as fighting the EU bureaucratic machine.

Brexiters are self gloaters really.

Whole aspect of sovereignty is that we have the power to remove these people from power if they get it wrong.

I strongly suspect we will have new elections and parties will campaign on Europe.

Having seen the outcome of what Brexit may look like, the Tories campaigning for out vote, are likely to lose the election to a coalition Liberal and Labour vote assuming Corbyn gets his head out of his own ar5e.

Then we will get to stay in as the Brexit vote will not come into law.

This show ain't over just yet now that Brexit colours and plans or lack of plans becoming clear.

(y)

Atilla,

you and a large number of remainers are unfortunately deluded if you think this vote can be reversed by a general election.

It would be throwing democracy out of the window. This is the most fundamental pillar our government is built on - no politician would dare ignore it. No exit would result in mass demonstrations, disorder and violence on the streets. Do not underestimate the strength of feeling in this regards. I voted remain but there is no way I would stand for a step towards dictatorship.

Atilla,

you and a large number of remainers are unfortunately deluded if you think this vote can be reversed by a general election.

It would be throwing democracy out of the window. This is the most fundamental pillar our government is built on - no politician would dare ignore it. No exit would result in mass demonstrations, disorder and violence on the streets. Do not underestimate the strength of feeling in this regards. I voted remain but there is no way I would stand for a step towards dictatorship.

Having an election is not dictatorship.

Referendum is not the same as passing laws.

I'm not about to resign the destiny of the UK to 36% of Brexiters and some career hungry politicians.

I'm not deluded. We do need a sanity check here.

Quite a few people who voted, some doubters and those who didn't are already in shock wondering what's been just delivered to them.

Europe has had its wake up call too.

Having an election is not dictatorship.

Referendum is not the same as passing laws.

I'm not about to resign the destiny of the UK to 36% of Brexiters and some career hungry politicians.

I'm not deluded. We do need a sanity check here.

Quite a few people who voted, some doubters and those who didn't are already in shock wondering what's been just delivered to them.

Europe has had its wake up call too.

Where in thin air are you plucking 36% from?