Black Dog Trading System

mjmast

Hi

I have been refered to a system called Black Dog Trading and am trying to collect info on them. Any news,views or better still first hand knowledge would be appreciated.

Mark

Hi

I have been refered to a system called Black Dog Trading and am trying to collect info on them. Any news,views or better still first hand knowledge would be appreciated.

Mark

Those who tell don't know; those who know don't tell.

Not looking for a "free ride" and am willing to work at it, an edge would be nice though!

Thanks for the advice, obviously heartfelt.

Mark

Not looking for a "free ride" and am willing to work at it, an edge would be nice though!

Mark

That's the game- trying to find an edge.
Some can go a lifetime without finding an edge or run out of money first.
Some have better results.
There are no guarantees in this game.

Michael

The way I think about it mjmast is if I owned a goldmine why would I want to sell anyone a share? All I need to do to get rich is go up there with a pick and shovel and dig out the gold. Of course, if its not really a goldmine, just a patch of waste ground.......

The way I think about it mjmast is if I owned a goldmine why would I want to sell anyone a share? All I need to do to get rich is go up there with a pick and shovel and dig out the gold. Of course, if its not really a goldmine, just a patch of waste ground.......

Bad luck! :D

HI

When I first started, or re-started LOL, I purchased this system. Good guy from England, decent system, but nothing special or nothing you can't duplicate in a good trading forum. You can make pips with it no doubt, but you have to be a good trader. I recently found this forum, my first post in fact. I have learned more about trading from forums than from the systems I purchased. Same ole story,lol

cheers

Mark

Hi Mark
You can still get the early version of the black dog system for free on the forexfactory forum, just search "Black dog", it does work with very little effort from the user other than to be near the keyboard when the signals arrive.
Paul

Mark,
If you want an edge, then go to elliottwave.com and get a copy of the book The Elliott Wave Principle.
Read the book cover to cover, then reread chapters 1-4 8-10 times. During this time it will be come more clear. You can also check out the Sniper Forex thread.
kent

Hi Mark,

I have studied and purchased, as well as returned, many systems and think there is a lot of crap out there - however I own and have a lot of respect for the black dog trading system (which I found out about from Jeff Wilde) and would make you aware that the system also includes a Forum on which over a 1000 traders exchange tips and a free live chat trading room. I personally believe that combining the system with the best techniques from other systems/ traders - see for example the free videos of Craig Harris (the Natural flow) and his use of the stochastic (8,3,3) + the custom indicators of the Ultimate Swing Trader System (by Netpicks) could enable you to create a very robust hybrid system combining everything for a fair price. Try the blackdog - you can trial it free for 60 days - what have you got to lose ? If you do - check out the trade strategy of Kim Krompass one of the black dog's most successful pros and you may be impressed. My personal recommendation - the exact chart setup from the black dog as used by Kim Krompass + the stochastic and natural flow concepts as used by Craig Harris and see how you get on. Finally some of these systems have 5 stars on forexpeacearmy so they must be doing something right.

Good Luck

Mark

THIS IS A SYSTEM THAT WORKS ! I am a newish member and am making a little money as oppsoed to losing a lot. BD is a system that runs on the MT platform - u download their code for the 'signals' -

They are an honest crew - even have a live blog to guide people along - only problem is it takes a while to learn in my experience, also to forget your bad trading habits - give it a go - I know u will not regret it - price goes up on Sunday so get in quick - Good luck !

I would be very suspicious of some of the sites touting the virtues of this system. I have found that a number of them are affiliates making money from selling the system. There is absolutely no need to spend $295 on this system. It just is not worth it, as the rules are out there courtesy of google. I did contact them asking a question and got a very rude response. Doesn't say much about the support!

Im a black dog trader-

When you join the black they have a forum with 2000 members you got about 100 who are active daily.

Its a good system but you got to be a good trader to use it well.So some of the black dog traders are really good and some are not just like anything in life.But if you got the Characteristic patience and discipline its a winner.They also have a live chat room you trade with other black dog traders.what I love about the black dog is the drawdown is very low here.Mostly people aim for 20 pips and stop is around 15-20 with a 70% strike rate.

Last edited:
Is it mechanical or discretionary, i.e. could it be automated or not?

The problem I had was there are a few methods to trade the dogs.You got 3 systems,however most people use the third.you got a few different entry methods.I would say its a mixture of both to get the most out the dogs.
If you trading the 15 min chart you looking at an average of 20 pis per day.My stats over the last 6 months have been 76 per per week (thats when I sorted things out) had a bad start.I could be better but I suffer from emotions at times.The key to not going broke is to respect risk, take small positions that wont allow you to blow out. You must always keep in mind that in trading you are only playing the odds. You may have a setup that is correct 75% of the time but each trade is a random event. It doesn't take into account the last trade. If you have a 75% system, you can still be wrong 10 times in a row, and if you trade for any amount of time it will happen.On the plus side you will win 20 wins in a row if you trade long enough.

It's been a while since there has been some talk about this system, but that's because the hype of it has calmed.

I'm still trading the black dog with Bonds MTF setup though :LOL:

For those curious, there's an extensive unbiased review of the Black Dog Forex here:

http://properlyreviewed.com/black-dog-forex

It's also offering a $30 rebate for those interested. Cheers/

i have been trading for about a year now so very new to trading and my first post here. I have used alot of systems in the last year but the black dog system is one of the two systems that giving me the most proft 300+ pips a week. When you buy the system there are a few set ups. The mini trend finder 1 on the 15min and 1 hour time frame on 6 major fx pairs i find the best for me. If you only trade using the corect signals the system stops you over trading.

Happy trading