Black Dog Trading System

that's it Black Swan fx EA going on e-bay at the weekend, 50 quid a pop. I might as well fleece 'em on the cheap..:D

Yeah?

A piece of advice, I'd drop the Black Swan out of the title of the EA as most people, The Hare being the obvious exception, appear to think that you're a bit of a limp prick which would hardly increase your sales.

Maybe have a word with your other wannabe mate, Mr. Chalmers, I'm sure he could teach you a thing or two about marketing whilst you could reciprocate and add to his confused trading mentality :LOL:

Yeah?

A piece of advice, I'd drop the Black Swan out of the title of the EA as most people, The Hare being the obvious exception, appear to think that you're a bit of a limp prick which would hardly increase your sales.

Maybe have a word with your other wannabe mate, Mr. Chalmers, I'm sure he could teach you a thing or two about marketing whilst you could reciprocate and add to his confused trading mentality :LOL:

Advice from you..lol...crack on loon..

Have you read your desperation?...You bought a new *system* today ;)

About the only desperate person I run into in these parts are you, desperately seeking attention.

Could you point me to the post where I said I bought a new 'system' today?

I suggest that 99% of the traders on this site have gotten interested in trading, through seeing some of the crap being marketed to us, so why criticise EVERY person who has felt the need to “invest” some cash into developing their trading business? Obviously some of the more critical posters, stumbled across trading, spent 2 – 3 years reading all the material they could find before fine tuning their very own method that’s turned them into very successful traders.………………THAT’s THE BULL! NO-ONE I know has done this, we have ALL given money or paid for a system we think will help.

I haven’t bought any other systems as such, but tried to use my “research money” in joining trading rooms. I joined a couple; one, whose training was ok, but a method I couldn’t use, and the other where I made a few pips, but there was no education at all. Once I started to try things myself, no matter what I did, I couldn’t get consistent. I spent months trying all sorts of indicators etc, but for every pip I made, I lost 2…………..

So, enter the Black Dogs – I joined last year, after reading about the simplicity of it. This was going to be my final go at FOREX, after “wasting “ nearly 3 years on it. If a newbie is looking for the holy grail, a system that will do it for them, this isn’t it. However, the methods shown by the seller ARE very simple, and with the correct patience and discipline, both with entries and exits, I believe this can help people become a better trader. YES, this can all be done by ourselves, but at what cost? 2/3/4 years of getting nowhere and blowing accounts? Personally I don’t have the inclination or the limitless money……………..

This is not a system that will point you where to enter and exit a trade. Reading all the material within the web site, it’s clear we all use the methods slightly differently. But, the basis of the system keeps me out of the stupid trades, and waiting until my correct set up occurs. It’s only in the last month or so that it’s all falling into place and I’m becoming consistent, but I know if I employ this discipline, I know there is a high probability of the trade going in the correct direction.

So, whilst I agree that most of the stuff posted by sellers/ marketing companies to the forex community is utter crap, don’t brand this system along with the rest. Like most aspects of life, this will suit some and not others; but that doesn’t make this a bad system. It’s not a black box and discretion is required, but I feel it has helped my trading immensely.

I used to drink in a place called the Black Dog Inn.

Is there a connection with this ....... do you think drinkers at this establishment created the trading system ?

This system has its supporters. From the weekly chart of the S&P 500 as below, I challenge you to give a forecast for the end of the week and the reasons why using the Black Dog system. I will do the same for the 3 Ducks System and lets see who gets it right and WHY

Attachments

• S&P_weekly.png
    S&P_weekly.png
    31.5 KB · Views: 244
Do you get 100% of trades correct, I don't? So, how can you judge the system on 1 trade.......

It is funny though, how much criticism is directed at some of the methods and posters, but, until someone pointed you (and me) in the direction of the ducks, you had no idea they existed. You basically have the opinion that the system I've been shown is crap, but the system you've been shown is great. As a matter of interest, I also follow 3 ducks. Is the author of the 3 ducks some kind of charlattan as he sells a course? No, of course not.......his method is also very simple, but not for me on a regular basis.

However, I don't trade off weekly charts anyway, so for me, being perfectly honest about it, it would be a guess. I trade on the 15 min chart, looking for relatively small pip gains, on a regular basis. What works for me, may not work for you. Isn't that the whole beauty of trading?

Your system may well also work on a longer time frame too ?

So step up to the plate and give it your best shot !!

(y)

I agree wil68, it's such a stupid question as to not even warrant a reply. The type of question a newbie would post. Akin to... 'what pairs is this system good for?'... ''how many pips does it make?'...'what size stop loss should I use?'... 'can we make an EA out of this?'... give me strength.

I have bought lots of 'rubbish' over the years but have never advertised the fact. In the context of my world what constitutes as rubbish may well be the 'answer' for some other trader. In other words... don't knock it til you've tried it... even then show some restraint.

I quite understand if you aren't up to the challenge.

Step aside man and let someone with more courage have a go

:innocent:

Last edited:
But surely even you can see, that what you're asking amounts to nothing. In between my trading criteria being met, I have no interest in what else it's doing. Trading relatively short term TF lets me take advantage of small moves throughout the day. It's much easier and less riskier for me to take 10 trades with a smaller target and SL, that for me to wait for the big one that needs a bigger SL, but we each see that differently........

If you read the 3 ducks correctly, or pay for the course, you'll see that the highest TF Andy uses is the 4hr. His way of trading is fantastic, but even the great man has little interest in the weekly charts.

At the moment, "my" system shows me no trade on the weekly chart. If it ever meets my criteria, would that prove this method is great? No, of course not. However, we are both in the same boat, trading other people' ideas. Once you come up with one of your own, get back in touch..............

Oh well - no matter

The 3 Ducks chickened out of a fun competition too

:sleep:

I was going on to suggest a marriage for a Dog and Duck system but perhaps not

Oh well - no matter

The 3 Ducks chickened out of a fun competition too

:sleep:

I was going on to suggest a marriage for a Dog and Duck system but perhaps not

I will take you on.

Im a very good trader.

Lets do a thread me vs you-live call. I choose a few markets you too.Also mix up time frames to make it fair.

Im willing to bet for money.we can arrange paypal-and get a mod to mod trades fairly...

Wil Andrew Tum style here we come LOL